Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 pm
User Image

Quinlan had been practicing his magic again, this time with a small family of baby hares. They had been excited to see magic, and didn't seem frightened of being in front of a lion. Maybe because they were from a pride? He didn't know. He did know, though, that things hadn't gone exactly to plan. Making one of their siblings disappear didn't appear to be the way to their hearts, and suddenly he had four crying baby bunnies in front of him.

"N-no! It's okay!" yelped Quinlan, "your brother is fine! He's just in my tail! See?" He flicked his tail around, but no baby bunny was to be found, making the siblings sob all the harder.

"B-but it's only an illusion!" He yelped, "your brother is just hiding!" He had no idea the bunny had climbed up onto his back, and wiggled up into his mane to hide for a bit of fun. Only two tiny ears were visible on the back of his head.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:22 pm
Cajanic

Rekhet was walking around through the pride lands, still trying to figure out his place and to see if the role of Hunter was really what he was suited for. He felt like he could accomplish more if he was a guard or some kind of soldier, someone who could spend their time defending those that lived here. He appreciated them, and he wanted to show just how much he wanted to be a part of this pride.

He saw a dark lion nearby, knowing they were at the edges of the lands and he was likely to run into creatures that did not live in this place. But that did not mean they were not supposed to be there, just that they were... visiting. Or passing by. After all, he had been a visitor and they accepted him anyway.

Not something he would soon forget, and he had to push aside his instinct to be skeptical.

Was he talking to some rabbits? They seemed to be crying. What had he done? Rekhet padded toward him, tilting his head in mild confusion.

"Did you eat one of them?" he asked, looking mortified. To eat baby bunnies just seemed... mean. He did notice the little ears poking out from his hair. "Are you wearing its skin?!"

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:30 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Quinlan looked at Rekhet like he had just slurped up the babies himself, completely horrified at the thought of eating the children. The hares didn't seem altogether pleased with the thought, either, their crying picking up in volume as they cried for their brother to be returned to them. They looked like they would be able to flood the place with just how much they were sobbing about the whole misunderstanding. "I didn't eat anything!" Yelped the helpless lion, though he soon found his frantic feelings nulling.

Wearing it?

"Huh?" the male hummed, give his mane a quick, but not too quick, shake. out toppled the little bunny, laughing merrily as he went. While his brothers went to beat him up with their tiny paws, Quinlan laughed.

"So that's where he went! And here I was starting to think I could use real magic!" He chuckled and looked at the lion. "Ah, my apologies. I was so caught up I didn't even introduce myself- my name is Quinlan."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:38 pm
Cajanic

Rekhet's ears folded back against his head as he heard the rabbits screaming at him for his words. They were really upset, and they were going to dehydrate themselves at that rate. He frowned at the other lion, thinking that the male was the source of all their misery. He did not feel inclined to believe Quinlan when he said he didn't eat the babies, but he had to when he saw the baby plopped out of the lion's mane and the other rabbits stopped crying.

Well. It seemed all was well now in rabbit land.

"Magic?" he tilted his head but he did not want to question it right now, since the crisis had averted and he needed to be polite first. He nodded his head, bowing a little bit. He was always polite, if he could swing it, and he wanted to make sure that the other lion was not offended by his earlier accusations.

"My name is Rekhet. I'm glad you didn't eat anyone. I think they are, too. But what were you doing to make them cry like that?" There was still a chance that he was trying to lure them into getting themselves eaten, after all.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:08 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Quinlan laughed. "I was attempting to work out the kinks of an illusion I have been working on involving making small animals disappear. It's a trick of the eyes where I just have the animal in my tail, but it looks like I made it vanish into thin air." He chuckled, looking down at the wrestling rabbits.

"It seems I did not take into consideration the fact that I can't hold onto the animals well with my tail. If they are.... playful, it seems my trick ends up in their paws." He looked back at Rekhet, tilting his head slightly to one side.

"So what about this place? It seems I'm not in the rogue lands," he commented, "these hares would never have even approached me, much less let me show them some magic on their own. I suspect they have come to trust lions, which probably means they live where lions aren't trying to eat everything in sight."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:16 pm
Cajanic

Rekhet stared at him for a long moment, not saying anything. For a very long time. He was not sure he really understood what he had just heard.

"You... pretend to make it disappear?" He had not heard of anything like that before. He knew what magic was, but in his head, it was real magic. It was not faked. Gods could do it, and in their way, Seers had a little magic in their blood. But a normal lion like this, trying to do something like the Gods could do? It seemed well beyond him.

He cleared his throat, though, nodding his head and smiling leisurely.

"Well. Uhm. These are the Pridelands. I only just came to this place myself, but it is very nice. It's such a quiet and calm place, and from what I can tell, it's welcoming. I don't think those rabbits have led you to believe wrongly: most of us hunt the food we need, and I haven't seen anyone hunting rabbits for the fun of it."

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:29 pm
Lithia_Brandon

Quinlan laughed. Sometimes it was easy to forget that the concept of magic was not normally one recognized with other lions. The whole idea of duplicating little stunts he had heard of from Gods with tricks and cunning was not something known all over the lands. most thought magic was just for the higher beings- they didn't think to try and replicate what they already considered far above their capabilities.

So of course Rekhet was looking at him like he had lost his head.

"Ah, yes, I can do a lot of things that seem like real magic, but are really just clever illusions. I find it's a fun way to break the ice between myself and strangers, and it can lighten the mood from time to time." Didn't seem to be very helpful in this case, though.

"Well! It's nice to know I've accidentally wandered into another pride. Should I be on my way? I'm more of a traveling showlion than anything else- I don't mean to seem like some kind of threat to your new home." He smiled and looked back the way he had come. How many prides had he found himself in now? He needed to start collecting trinkets from every pride.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:50 pm
Cajanic

Rekhet tried not to look too baffled, once he realized he was caught, blushing under his fur and glad for the dark color. He smiled thinly, nodding his head as the whole concept was explained to him.

It sounded rather fun to him, all told. Trying to do things like that seemed too complicated, though, and he doubted he could ever come up with a way to replicate real magic... that would not be seen through immediately.

"I don't think you need to leave immediately, unless you want to. But I'm not too familiar with the rules yet. I'm still learning. Anyway, they let me visit while they were having a big meeting, and no one seemed too put off by it. I... would be careful in case I'm wrong but..." he was pretty sure he wasn't.

Though he was also not sure that this lion didn't have some strange ulterior motive for this magic act thing.

But this guy seemed nice enough and probably wouldn't cause trouble... Rekhet would just have to keep an eye on him, that was all.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:11 pm
Lithia_Brandon

"It's alright. It's nice to know this is a welcoming place," Quinlan said with a nod of his head, "I would be happy to come back sometime and check things out more in depth. But for right now, I think it might be better that I head back to my home- before I forget where I left it." He would be bothered if he had to find another new den. maybe he needed to mark his trail a little more often. It always seemed like he was getting himself lost.

He smiled and bowed his head at the other, being polite since he didn't think there was anything wrong with the guy. He was confused by magic, sure, but that didn't make him an enemy. If anything, his confusion only made what he was doing more meaningful. They were supposed to not really get it.

"It was nice meeting you, Rekhet, and I hope you have fun in your new home!" He chuckled lightly and started to head away from the pride. He stopped briefly to bid goodbye to the little bunnies, apologizing again for scaring the pellets out of them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:54 pm
Cajanic

Rekhet nodded his head and smiled softly. He knew that it was not on everyone's plans, joining a random pride just because it seemed nice. It definitely worked for him, of course, but that was just one random story out of a thousand or more. He wasn't sure how many lions there could be in any one area.

If he really knew, he would be astounded.

"Good luck on your magic!" he called, as the other began to move away, looking at the rabbits. They seemed to have forgiven the lion, waving goodbye to him as he padded off.

Rekhet would remember not to hunt in this particular area, if ever he needed to capture a small amount of food for a cub, or something. He was a soft hearted dope like that, sometimes. Once the other lion was too far away to really engage in conversation with any more, Rekhet turned back toward his pride, smiling and feeling content.

Lithiasaur
Crew

Snuggly Knight

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas