Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Do the scales on your head inhibit your mind too? I said bloodkin, I meant your siblings, your mother, your father, your mother's mother, your father's father. Go, find them and your questions will be answered." Burning Bush was growing impatient, she had come to the Festival to relax and indulge in Feverfew's company, not to entertain the questions of hardheaded fools. Her own tail curled and uncurled, waving too and fro.

"But perhaps I expect too much from you. If you have already found your bloodkin and not realized the truth of your own blood then you are blind and no one can help you. Now begone! I have not the time or patience to deal with blind foolish children."

Vesperiie
>> << >> I was thinking, that Burning Bush bites him a new one and then they meet again in the future with him a little bit more willing to listen to what she has to say. What do you think?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:14 pm
SerinaNight
And a little late again xD but I am enjoying this - I love Shadowed Moon.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"O-oh? T-thank you, it's n-n-nothing big, I j-just g-grew up w-w-w-with v-very knowledgeable k-k-kin, I-I-I j-just p-picked u-up a f-f-f-few little things," Afterlight demurred, his ever-present blush returning as he shifted his hooves. If this buck said anything more complimentary to him, he feared he'd burst into flames.

"Flowers a-a-aren't t-t-too hu-hard to c-care for, l-like you s-said, they d-d-do grow on their own. It's w-when you w-w-want them to l-last longer t-t-that you need to r-r-really w-watch them; and w-when they're n-not n-n-native, and w-when they're t-t-transplanted, like t-t-this one will be. Y-y-you just n-need to be careful and g-g-get a routine," he stuttered through the speech, the idle thought that this had been the most he'd ever spoken in a single day flitting across his mind. It may have been the most he'd spoken ever.
"H-have you d-d-decided which y-y-you'd like?"

Xerianthe

Mewling Fatcat

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 pm
Cricket2008

User Image User Image

Watery Depths listened to the buck talk of his 'sculptures' but was a bit annoyed about the fact he didn't really explain anything. Taking things and making them into something else. That was extremely descriptive. She decided that he must just put things together in random ways, and it wasn't really anything, as that seemed to be what he was saying. "So, do you learn from their work, or do you just like looking at it? Because you enjoy it?" Watery Depths asked as they continued past several stalls. The doe was curious, as it could easily be either reason.

Murky Shallows almost laughed out loud at the look on his sisters face when the buck gave his very vague explanation. The buck himself was extremely curious as well, and when she addressed the second comment, he decided to actually clarify his thoughts on the first. "Do you usually have an idea in mind when you create or just work with what comes to you?" The buck added quietly, after Watery Depths had finished her question. His twin nodded. "I wasn't really clear on the either, I just assumed it was random since you didn't really clarify." She said, sounding almost not interested anymore.

Xerianthe

User Image

Shadowed Moon smiled a bit, his laughter muted to his eyes. The other buck's awkwardness was not something he was used to, but the buck was very knowledgeable, something he seemed humble about. It was at this point Shadowed Moon realized he had no idea what the buck's name was. This much conversation and he had forgotten to introduce himself! "I have, and since you have so kindly offered, may I take ownership of this lovely deep purple daylily?" He said, smiling widely. "I am Shadowed Moon, as it were. Our conversation was so engaging, I forgot to introduce myself. It's a pleasure." He grinned. "And you are, my extremely knowledgeable and yet oh so demure new friend? I hope." The light buck added, not wanting to assume such a relationship, but finding it appropriate. While he was unsure where this buck resided, he did hope they would meet again. Shadowed Moon would love to learn more, and this buck explained things so well! Besides, he was very pleasant company, something Shadowed Moon lacked in when it came to other bucks. Most of the kin he knew, other then his son, were female.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:42 am

"Then lead the way, kind lady," he fell in line - roughly, gauging by the issue of her voice - behind her,"these eyes of mine - well, what eyes they are - are no use in the light; it's all the same."

"What Kin are you, by the by," he said conversationally as he started canter, heedless of whether she would or no, "since you could see my battle wounds, I assume you are not a Zikwa? Oh - and what is your name, if I may be so bold?"

Cricket2008
Sorry for the wait! QAQ

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 am
SerinaNight

Night thought back to his first creation and what inspired it. He hadn't wanted to bring up a sad subject at such a festive occasion, but the doe seemed curious as to why he did what he did.

Now that his beloved had been brought to mind, he noted of the items displayed in the stalls they wandered past, which ones his beloved would have liked. He made a mental note to come back later.

"My first creation was a tribute to my beloved who had been taken from me," replied Night. "I felt empty and lost. Since my beloved was now with Mother Swamp, it just seemed natural to gather bits and pieces of the swamp and build something to honor her."

Night stopped to sniff a large red Hibiscus thinking how it would have looked tucked behind his beloved's ear. "After that, I just wandered," he continued, "building my creations where ever a spot inspired me to."

Turning back to the twins, he added, "I know that my creations don't look like art to many, but I suppose I build them mainly for myself."

"And you?" he asked, hoping to divert the attention from himself. "Do either of you have any artful endeavors?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:57 pm
Jun D

"Silly me, not introducing myself. I'm Lost Things. Most kin just call me Lost." She giggled. "Not because I get lost a lot, but because I like to collect lost things."

"And no, I'm not Zikwa. I'm Kimeti." Lost cast glances at the Zikwa's eyes, trying not to be obvious. "It's a shame that you can't see all the colors. It's almost overwhelming." Then Lost had a thought, "But I bet your smell is better than mine. You can probably pick up wondrous scents that I haven't even noticed."

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:27 pm
Cricket2008
crying So... sad...

User Image User Image

Death. Now that was something she had been lucky enough to never have to experience, especially the death of someone... close to her. Despite the fact she didn't want to imagine what that must feel like, her thoughts kept trying to creep in that direction. Something she very actively avoided by listening to the rest of what the buck was saying. She glanced at her brother, who's tail brushed her leg reassuringly. She smiled lightly and glanced back toward their companion when the buck began looking at them again. He seemed more interested in the festival now, as he was stopping to smell a few flowers here and there. Or he would simply stare at something for a while before looking back and speaking again. She let him continue on, seeing no need to interrupt as she didn't have much to say in response.

This was something Murky Depths refused to imagine. It would not happen. He imagined there were certain things he could not avoid, sickness in him, or family, for example, but he knew that anything else he would not allow to take those close to him. He pushed the thoughts quickly from his mind, catching his sisters obviously worried eyes and gently reassuring her. This was a topic that did not need to be dwelt on. Looking back at the buck he noticed their companion seemed much more distracted by the flowers and sights now then he had been, though Murky Shallows was unsure why. "No, I would say not." He said, glancing at his sister with a smile. She nodded in agreement, smiling as well, obviously amused at something that had passed between them in silence. "We don't have any reason to pursue something like that, not that it had come to mind." Watery Depths added.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:55 am

"Yes - yes," his excitement rose as she spoke, "I have never seen a flower, but their fragrance makes them as beautiful to me as I imagine they are to you. The elegance of a rose, the purity of a lily - and I can tell they are here, to the left of us, the right of us. But so much more I don't recognise! Glorious."

"But I am running away with myself," he laughed, dipping his head, "I like discovery. Well met, Kimeti cousin Lost! Thank you for finding me. I am half-Kimeti, in fact - my mother. Now, she's a lost thing; perhaps you might like her. I am Shroud."

He said, simply, leaving the implications of his name unvoiced.

Cricket2008
Ah Lost is lovely. XD

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:41 pm
Jun D

Lost giggled at the excited chattering of the buck. She thought how fun it was to encounter someone that seemed as enthusiastic as she was in discovering new things.

“Very glad to meet you, Shroud,” she replied. Lost heard the slight change of tone when the buck revealed his name. She didn’t put much meaning in names since names were revealed in dreams and didn’t always reflect the personality of the owner. Lost couldn’t imagine that this buck, with such a lively interest in flowers and new smells, could have anything to do with death. “That’s an interesting name.”

“If you smell something you want to know more about, let me know and I’ll help you find it.” Lost almost felt as if she was going on an adventure. “I could describe it to you..” She paused wondering if he would understand her descriptions of color. “Or you could touch it and feel the texture.”

“But first we can stop here at this stall and get a mud pat for your wound.”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:50 pm
SerinaNight

Night could sense the mood change in his companions. Their thoughtful expressions and reassuring touches between each other were slight, but he noticed them. Perhaps he should have made something up rather than share the sadness of his past. Too late now, he thought to himself.

“Inspiration need not come from something sad.” Night looked in the direction of the dancing Acha. “Watching the art of others can be an inspiration in itself.” He hoped he could lighten the mood.

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:24 pm
Cricket2008

User Image User Image

"Is that why you look at the art of others?" Watery Depths asked, her tail flicking as she knocked such such sad thoughts from her mind at the change in conversation. "Or simply because you enjoy it?" She also realized this was question who's answer she didn't remember and was sure she asked. She shrugged, as she herself didn't even remember if the buck had answered. Not that it really mattered, asking again was no harm unless one party got angry. This buck didn't seem like one to get overly angry. Considering he had just shared a very personal and sad moment with two strangers, she couldn't imagine him getting angry over a repeated question. She smirked at the idea, and how silly it would seem.

Murky Shallows simply walked quietly as his sister asked her question. He himself couldn't particularly think of much to say, other then the art he was seeing did not really make him want to try it as well. Though that might be because it wasn't his calling. Not that he wouldn't try if given that chance, he just couldn't imagine pursuing it himself, no outside influence involved. Though if Watery Depths decided to, he imagined he would have no problem tagging along. Then again, the same could be said if he had interest in something she did not. They enjoyed each others company enough that they did not mind doing something they cared little of, if the other cared much for it. Interestingly enough, they had not encountered such an activity yet.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:20 am

"A mud pat!" he cried, perhaps overdelighted, "that would be lovely, so very kind! I have a lot of time for mud - my sister tells me that is the colour I am. You wouldn't think, to look at my sister - and my brother, for that matter - and I, that we are related. My sister and brother, I am told, are sun-coloured, beautiful golds. I am but a smudge of dirt next to those sunflowers - but isn't that fine? The dirt welcomes us all, in the end. Oh, but what colour are you?"

He paused, tilting his eyeless gaze in her direction: strained for a moment, found no glow - and no more could he make out through his dark, dark veil, but, he guessed, though it was only a guess, there could be more shadow. She did not feel too much different from his golden sister, though it was only a feeling.

"Might you be a sunflower too?" he laughed.

Cricket2008
SUPER LATE, I'm so sorry! I'm on-and-off Gaia these days, but I'll always come back!

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The insults made him bristle visibly, the scales on his withers rising as she spoke, and he could feel the roar building in the depths of his chest, threatening to emerge. He choked down the temptation though -- it was unseemly, and beneath him. Her comments were meant to be inflammatory, to snap would only be to fall into her trap. So he took a deep breath, willing his scales to lay flat, dissipating his fury with a flick of his tail. Perhaps approaching her in this manner hadn't been the wisest move - she had come with a companion, probably to enjoy this nonsense called a festival. Perhaps she would be more amenable to helping in a more appropriate setting.

Or perhaps he wouldn't need her advice after all.

"As you wish," he rumbled, the words not quite grudging, but close. And with that, he turned and left the clearing, not sparing another glance at the flowers that surrounded him.

Minsuil
Yeessss <3

Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas