[ORP] June Flower Festival Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Delicate Rose Bud

Excitable Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:33 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Weep was drawn to the Flower Festival like a hummingbird is drawn to a nectar-bearing blossom, the sweet smell of pollen and damp earth pulling her closer and closer to the mist-wrapped gathering.

Willow glanced around at those who had gathered in the clearing, marveling at the plants and other vegetation that was buried and thriving in the earth. A particular flower caught her eye, and she bent to get a closer look a the markings that covered its petals.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:31 am
Vesperiie
Look-See, Doom and GLoom are weird -_- They don't know how to make friends

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Did the stranger really think she would condemn Gloom for his perverse quest of knowledge? She snorted indelicately, but conceded theirs was a tight knit group that others might not understand. OK, they ran around starting bloodbaths but that wasn't the issue at hand.

"I understand your jealous for I look simply smashing? But since you asked so nicely I will divulge: there are many delicate species of flowers on me. Cultivated and arranged for their exoticness and bred for their scents. Did you know if you cut a plant at a certain angle and mash it to another you could force it to grow differently? It's Gloom's hobby" she added offhandedly

She then eyed the other doe, brown on white. White like her, but she was never able to get that dirty because of the fastidiousness of Gloom and Doom. But the other doe didn't smell dirty or bad, just mean and spoiling for a fight. Look-See stuck her tongue out at the other doe.  

fluorescein
Crew

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Glossbones really wasn't looking where he was going. The onslaught of the Flower Festival meant he stumbled upon a den of raccoons and their shiny treasures. Everywhere he looked new shapes, sizes and colors dazzled him. Their scents wafted invitingly and endless possibilities for their uses assaulted him. Was that vetiver hiding behind the jasmine? And somewhere else he smelled the brilliant mixture of musk and mint. Even rose smelled lovely this time. Orchids, peonies, anemonies, irises, bearded or not, tulips and oh MotherFather, there was even a venus fly trap. This was nothing short of a celebration and a showing off of what the swamp had. From a creative standpoint, he was drowning in inspiration. And that's when he saw her, the walking flower arrangement of pink and white canvas for flowering buds. But soon she left and he saw the red buck left in her wake.

He decided to chat up the buck to calm his nerves. The red one looked harmless enough. He just needed to ground his senses and make sense of things again. Because oh, my oh my, the flowers were everywhere. So many possible ways he could decorate future skulls. He walked up Bitter Heartbeat but decided to change his tune and continued walking and suddenly blurting out:

"Is anyone selling Night-blooming jasmines? I would love to get a cut of it."

He had no idea if there had been other flower festivals preceding this one, but he needed an intro. Anything to buy time to let his nose and his olfactory glands settle. Maybe someone would answer his question.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:37 pm
fluorescein
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Jealousy? That earned the doe an arched brow and a half-sneer, a looked that would have screamed as if if she'd put a tad more emotion in it, but the whole notion was barely worth the effort for snark. Wearing flowers, nevertheless such an excess of them, to look 'smashing'? Ridiculous. An accessory, should one trouble oneself with wearing one, should be both practical and send a message-- like the crocodile's teeth that adorned her own neck.

"What a fascinating waste of time," she drawled, until the doe's stuck-out tongue caught her by surprise. Really now? What were they, fillies again? "Is that really necessary?" She asked now, eyes narrowed in contemptible bemusement.  

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

Xerianthe

Mewling Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:35 pm
SerinaNight
Sorry for the wait! I'm having fun too, first time with Afterlight~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The other buck's blush alarmed Afterlight, causing his stutter to become much more pronounced as he wondered what had caused such a thing - and did he look like that when he blushed?

"I-i-i-i d-d-didn't mean mean to make it s-sound like they w-were hard t-t-to grow!" Afterlight exclaimed, panicked at his misstep. Oh, would the buck not want one now? He shouldn't have mentioned his hybrid problems. "It's r-really only m-my n-new hybrids t-t-that c-can b-be a problem. I a-assure you t-these w-won't c-cause any t-tr-trouble! They n-need sunlight, n-not shade - u-unless y-you a-are wanting that p-purple one, that one shu-should have partial shade, b-because it's so dark. T-they need lots of w-water, too. Y-you need to k-keep slugs and snails away from them, and other harmful bugs. T-the area around the lily n-needs to b-be clean, no dead blooms or l-leaves. B-but t-they're r-r-really v-very easy to care for!"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:23 pm
Xerianthe
It's okay! You answered, that's what matters. biggrin Also, he is so cute. Oh my goodness.

User Image

Shadowed Moon's comment had apparently caused the buck to think he misspoke, though he had mostly wanted to ensure he didn't kill the plant the other buck had taken such care in cultivating. He nodded, smiling. The other buck knew so much about flowers! "It's amazing." Shadowed Moon said, almost without realizing it. "You're knowledge of flowers." The buck added, wanting his comment to reach the proper source. After all, it would be easy to think he meant the flowers. The flowers were amazing as well of course, but they wouldn't be here, at least in this capacity, without the buck who grew them. "That sounds really easy actually, I'm a bit surprised. I figured flowers required tons of care, but I guess they do grow on their own normally." He nodded, reciting the instructions to put them to memory. "Keep well watered, keep away insects and," Shadowed Moon smiled at the buck. "If I may have the purple one, keep it in partial shade. Otherwise, full sun." The light colored buck nodded again, glancing at the other kin. He then realized he didn't know the buck's name. Something he would have to remedy shortly.  

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

lanimari

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:41 pm
fluorescein

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Falls-a-Lot stumbled over a root that protruded from the ground and stumbled less than gracefully to his knees before casting a sideways glance around to make sure no one had seen. With a purposeful sniff at the flowers near where he had fallen, he gave a small shrug of his shoulders before standing back up, as if to say he had fallen on purpose.

"That was definitely not worth the trip," he muttered, as he cast his glance around the area trying to take all the sights and sounds in at once. With so many things to examine, he wandered aimlessly through the clearing, his head constantly swiveling around seeing all but not really genuinely taking much in. It was the unfortunate habit of his that lead to him occasionally bumping into and tripping over both inanimate objects and kin alike.

He was distracted by a doe laden in flowers when he overheard someone say something about Night-blooming jasmines. Not being a particularly knowledgeable buck when it came to flowers and things, he couldn't help but tilt his head and approach the buck that had said it.

"What is the difference between regular jasmine and night-blooming jasmines?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:53 pm
SerinaNight

"By all means, let's take the direction that you haven't seen yet." Night thought it might make the night more enjoyable for both himself and the doe's brother if they went with her suggestion. "No need to go over the same ground when's there something new to be seen. And I'm not looking to get anything painted myself."

Night nodded for the pair to lead the way. "As for my work, I work mostly with branches and logs. I use a bit of vines and flowers, but nothing like I've seen so far, around here."

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:05 pm
Jun D

"You're very welcome," replied Lost. She felt a little disconcerted that the buck didn't want help for an obvious injury, but she didn't want to be pushy about something that didn't seem to bother him. "Is there anything else I could help with?" Lost still felt that he might need some assistance, so she lingered. She was also curious to as what might have brought the elusive Zikwa to the Festival. "Are you looking for anything special in the festival?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:53 pm
Cricket2008

User Image User Image

Watery Depths nodded, heading toward the other side of the clearing, her brother at her side. She glanced at the few stalls they passed, looking over the flowers and various other wares they had on display. She looked back at the buck following them. "If you didn't want to get painted, why did you ask?" His next comment did slightly explain that, but she was still wondering so she didn't take it back. Watery Depths tried to figure out what he used branches and logs for, as well as vines and flowers but as far as she could tell, there were several options. "What do you use those for?" The doe asked, still trying to think up what he could possibly make with those that would be considered art.

Murky Shallows followed alongside his sister, looking over the stalls as she did, though he seemed to be more interested them she. The buck glanced at his sister and the other kin as she began asking him questions, and he had to admit, he was rather surprised, though happy, that her tone didn't portray extreme annoyance. More confusion then anything. She didn't sound extremely friendly, but that was normal so he didn't think much of it. It didn't help she often phrased things in a way to make them sound even more standoffish them her tone did. Thinking over what the buck had said and his sisters question the paused, and decided to clarify a bit. "What do you make with them?" He asked softly, obviously just adding onto his sisters question.  

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:30 am

"Everything is special in the festival," he cried, nearing rapture, "so many new flowers, so many new Kin - though I daresay none could be as kind as you."

He sprung forward at that, nimbly bowing - he did not notice, but, unconsciously, the punctured limb was favoured: it stuttered ever so slightly with the brief weight on it. The blood trickle still persisted lazily...Shroud was oblivious to injury, but perhaps the kind doe was right.

Cricket2008

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ah. Dragons. Of course." True the boy had mutations that were unusual, but she had seen their kind before just as she knew he was kimeti to the bone. But if the boy did not see that, then nothing she said would help him.

"Boy, listen to me, find your bloodkin and you'll find the answer to your questions. And if that is not enough, come back tomorrow and tell me what you dreamed of."

Vesperiie

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:25 am
Jun D

"That's sweet of you to say," replied Lost with a smile. "You'll find that many of the kin here are kind and helpful."

Lost was a little surprised by the sudden movement of the buck, but she recovered quickly.

"Your injury doesn't seem to be hampering your ability to walk. Perhaps we could stroll a bit. I'm sure we could find a stall with some healing herbs. It would help the trickle on your leg." Despite Shroud's claim that it hardly hurt, Lost felt that it should be tended to. Even little hurts can get infected.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:51 pm
SerinaNight

Night wondered how to describe his creations to someone who'd never seen them. How does an artist describe their inspiration?

"Mother Swamp leaves bit and pieces about. Broken branches, odd rocks, dried vines and such. I gather them and put them together to create something new."

Remembering the first question, Night replied, "Even though I'm not interested in being the canvas, I still like to see the painter's technique and admire their style."

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:34 am
Minsuil
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. And at long last, she finally understood. Her advice, however, made his brow furrow again - noticeable only through the narrowing of his eyes due to his skull plate. "My bloodkin?" He had already found them, his father and his sister, Fire Made Flesh and Stormborn, the three were the last of their kind.

"I have already sought them out, they know nothing of our brethren, nor do they care enough to seek them." The last words had bite to them, his tail giving a subconscious lash against the ground. His frustration with their acceptance of their situation, and Stormborn's own befoulment, was an old grievance now.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff