Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:44 pm
Cricket2008

User Image User Image

It was about the point Murky Shallows made the comment about her crashing into people she noticed the butterfly buck. Now, while he did have rather interesting coloration, that wasn't what attracted her attention. He was looking at them. Staring actually. It didn't seem malicious, more thoughtful, but still. It was odd having some random kin watching them without saying anything. "Do you want something?" She asked the buck, her tone less cold then it could have been, she was still in a relatively good mood. "You're staring."

Murky Shallows noticed the buck a little while after his sister, when she glanced at him with an slightly uncomfortable look on her face after spotting the interestingly colored kin looking their way. The buck seemed more lost in thought then anything, but he could understand why she was unnerved. As the buck continued to watch them Watery Depths spoke, asking him if he needed something. Murky Shallows smiled lightly, his sister was being rather polite, and much less cold. Her good mood was holding, and this was something he couldn't help but smile over.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Steam Heat had never been here before. She may have children of her own, but she was relatively young and her experiences outside of her section of the swamp were few. As such, she radiated excitement, her long tail tracing S's along the ground behind her.

Not far from her bounced one of her children who'd followed her. They'd all been invited but she'd left it up to them as to whether they'd attend or not. She wasn't even sure if their father had made it to the festival or not. Steamy didn't worry about it as she passed through the crowds of kin. "Ohh Fizz look at her. Isn't she lovely with those flowers all tucked around her horns?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Tiny Bubbled grimaced and rolled his eyes. He gave the doe a quick glance but flowers weren't really his thing. He leapt and bounded a few paces ahead of his mother, tossing the small tuft on his head. "Yeah. She's alright." The brightly colored buck was far more interested in the smells and sounds coming from the tribe gatherings. He quickly glanced back at Steamy, wondering if he could lose her in the crowd...  

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:34 pm
SerinaNight

Broken out of his reminiscing, Night blinked at the blue doe. “Oh, I do apologize,” Night said, feeling a little awkward for bringing attention to himself. “I saw that you were twins and it reminded me of my twin sister. I'm afraid I drifted off a bit. We went our separate ways when we were young, so I haven't seen her in a long time.”

“By the way, lovely art work on your legs,” he added, trying to turn the attention away from himself. “Did you have that done here at the festival?”

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 pm
Cricket2008

User Image User Image

Watery Depths seemed to inwardly scoff a bit at the buck, but Murky Shallows was the one who spoke. "That must be difficult." He said softly, glancing at his sister. "We have never been apart." She nodded, looking like she didn't rather like that idea either. He wasn't surprised, he himself did not enjoy the thought of being away from his sister for so long. Then again, they probably wouldn't be this attached. Seeming to almost grimace, he hoped they wouldn't be forced apart sometime in the future. Pushing that thought away Murky Shallows smiled at Watery Depths before looking back at the buck, who was now asking about their legs. "Yes." He said nodding.

"The artist from the desert, Art Beat, did these for us." Watery Depths adds, obviously quoting the Acha from who they received their painting. She wouldn't have said anything, but they did tell the kin they would inform people who did it. Maybe she just shouldn't have agreed. The doe shrugs, deciding it doesn't really matter, since she can just repeat the same phrase to anyone who asks. Murky Shallows smiles a bit at her obvious half-hearted reply and nods again, looking back at the buck. "The stall is over there." He says, flicking his tail in the direction of Art Beat's stall. Watery Depths nods. "Not sure where she'd paint though." She seems a bit amused. "You're fur is very colored already."  

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Shroud bounded into the clearing, turning his head this way and that in interest. Not that he could see a lick of the colourful sights of the Flower Festival, but the cheerful babble of Kin gave him considerable hope that he (at last) was at the right place. It had been quite the journey - had taken some time, several wrong turns, foraying blind - it was a minor miracle, in fact, that he had even ever arrived. But Shroud put quite a lot of stock into minor miracles, and into adventures, which the trek had undoubtedly been (his hindlimb still bore the tiny puncture marks of the nest of baby alligators - at least, he thought they were baby alligators - he had unfortunately wandered into, whoops, but, there, another minor miracle that mommy alligator hadn't been home at the time). And now the flowing talk, the competing scents of flowers, he could already tell, he had never encountered, made the compelling case that it had all been happily worth it.

"Hello, friend!" he called out, to no one in particular - to anyone who deigned answer, "this must be the Flower Festival?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:30 am
SerinaNight

Night nodded at the blue buck's understanding words. The closeness that the two siblings had was evident. There was communication between them that didn't need words.

"Thank you for the information. I may wander over there to see more, but I'm not likely to have someone add to my current colorings. I prefer being the artist, not the canvas."

The buck was easy enough to talk to, but Night was beginning to feel as if the doe was losing interest in their conversation.

"Please don't let me keep you if you were on your way to somewhere.

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:21 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."The rest of your kind?" Burning Bush laughed at that, a sharp bark of amusement. "In case you're blind kid, you're surrounded by 'the rest of your kind'. Sure there's acha and kiokote and a few totoma floating around, but there's plenty of kimeti here too."

Vesperiie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:11 pm
Jun D

Lost Things wandered the gathering, admiring the wares. She complimented fellow kin on their adornments. Lost hadn't bothered to wear anything special. She figured if the whim hit her, she could find something at the festival to suit her fancy.

A plain brown kin with a bit red splashed on his body caught Lost's attention. Lost wondered if the red was the poor fellow's idea of personal adornment. In a sea of colorful kin, the buck's simple colors were lost.

Lost might have continued on her way if it weren't for the buck's mannerisms. He appeared to be a bit lost. Ah, this was her specialty, she thought. If it was lost, she could find it. She wandered over to offer her assistance and noticed that the buck was not simply a plain kin, but a rarely seen Zikwa. This was a rare find, indeed, she thought.

"Hello, Friend," replied Lost. "This is indeed the Flower Festival." Lost's cheerful demeanor dropped when she saw that the red color on the buck's hide was not paint, but blood. "You've been hurt. Do you need help?"

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:01 pm
Cricket2008

User ImageUser Image

Watery Depths nodded, seeming amused at his comments. "We seem to be encountering all the artists here, I didn't realize there would be so many of them wondering around." She paused, then added something she hadn't mentioned before. "Considering this is a flower festival, not an artists gathering." The doe paused when the butterfly buck mentioned them going somewhere. "We aren't going anywhere, if anything, I would say it was nowhere." Murky Shallows nodded. "We were simply exploring the gathering, not doing anything in particular. Our father and the other member of our herd have all wondered off, so we have nothing specific to do." Watery Depths paused, then smirked. "We could leave." The doe said, obviously joking.

Murky Shallows shook his head, amused over his sisters comment. "If you wanted to leave I imagine we would we gone already." He paused. "Maybe, if this buck is willing, we can travel around together? At least for a while, I imagine we will part ways eventually." Watery Depths gave him a look, one that looked a mixture of pleading and asking why he would do such a thing. He simply smiled, having decided she could use more interaction. She seemed to concede and looked to the buck, waiting for his answer. Murky Shallows simply turned his smile to the buck as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:19 pm
anemosagkelos
Vesperiie

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Gloom blinked. A somber fellow somehow found his way into the good graces of the Fair Maiden's brood. But then again, his attention was drawn by the wayside as he noticed who Look-See was talking to. That took precedence. It always did. Because Gloom was Gloom and that was the way of their swamp. It was almost a scientific deduction on his part but sentiment ran strong when it came to family. Without a word he left, walking in Look-See's direction.

//

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. This new doe needed a hug. And should her beetle attack her, so be it. But if not, maybe she would be swayed by how good Look-See smelled. She was just as awkward as the other doe, but at least she had grace on her side.

"And jolly neighbor, what brings you to the swamp?"

She felt a familiar presence. Gloom was near. And she remembered her mission. She did a slow full circle, puling her grace to make up for the lack of warmth she so naturally craved.  

fluorescein
Crew

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:34 pm
anemosagkelos

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Glossbones really wasn't looking where he was going. The onslaught of the Flower Festival meant he stumbled upon a den of raccoons and their shiny treasures. Everywhere he looked new shapes, sizes and colors dazzled him. Their scents wafted invitingly and endless possibilities for their uses assaulted him. Was that vetiver hiding behind the jasmine? And somewhere else he smelled the brilliant mixture of jasmine and mint. Even rose smelled lovely this time. Orchids, peonies, anemonies, irises, bearded or not, tulips and oh MotherFather, there was even a venus fly trap. This was nothing short of a celebration and a showing off of what the swamp had. From a creative standpoint, he was drowning in inspiration. And that's when he saw her, the walking flower arrangement of pink and white canvas for flowering buds. But soon she left and he saw the red buck left in her wake.

He decided to chat up the buck to calm his nerves. The red one looked harmless enough. He just needed to ground his senses and make sense of things again. Because oh, my oh my, the flowers were everywhere. So many possible ways he could decorate future skulls. He walked up Bitter Heartbeat and casually started, "It's a great turnout this year isn't it?"

He had no idea if there had been other flower festivals preceding this one, but he needed an intro. Anything to buy time to let his nose and his olfactory glands settle.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:22 pm
SerinaNight

Observing the subtle communication between the twins was turning out to be rather interesting. At first, the doe seemed to be a bit stand-offish, but he was glad to see that she did have a sense of humor.

“I would enjoy the company if you would permit me to join you. Seeing as I’ve just arrived and you both have already taken in some of the sights, perhaps you could show me some of the highlights.’

Night had expected to just wander alone around the festival. This was a pleasant change of plans. He was enjoying the conversation with these twins.

Cricket2008

Familiar Shapeshifter

8,425 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hero 100

SerinaNight

Feline Rogue

11,325 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:46 am
Cricket2008

User ImageUser Image

Murky Shallows nodded, "Shall we head toward that stall then?" He asked softly, flicking his tail toward the stall belonging to Art Beat, the Acha who had painted on their flanks. "We can view the flowers in between, and maybe you can tell us of your work." Watery Depths' own tail seemed to flick as though in agitation, though she didn't argue. She nodded. "We could also go around the other side of the clearing and approach from that direction. It would take more time, but we'd see more."

Watery Depths couldn't argue with her brother. She did enjoy hearing of other people's hobbies, as it allowed her to decide is she wanted to try as well as give her an idea of what to try in the first place. So she simply had suggested an alternative route, one that would allow them to see the things they hadn't looked at as much. She paused, as the butterfly buck had mentioned something else. "We wouldn't know as much." Watery Depths mentioned before her brother added something of his own. "We have not passed through that part of the festival yet."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:55 pm

"What? Oh -" he kicked a little on his heels and stuck out the slightly-gnawed hindlimb, laughly freely, "oh no, I am just fine. Baby alligators, miss - I didn't know it was bleeding, little teeth run deep! It hardly hurts - and if there's any more red on me, that's just how I was made. Thank you so very much for your answer - and your kindness!"

Cricket2008
Ahh thanks a ton for RPing with my boy! I'm so sorry for the late reply!

Jun D
Crew

Shoujo Shounen

Vesperiie

Hallowed Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:47 am
Minsuil

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kimeti. The word made him bristle almost as much as her laugh did, and a growl rumbled low in his throat. She was the one who was blind, did she not see his horns, his plate, his scales, his tail? He shook his head, mane resettling over his shoulders, snorting.

"A distant relation, if at all," he rumbled, trying not to hiss. "I seek others like myself. Dragons."

fluorescein
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Edge blinked, not sure if she was irritated or bemused by the sleepy-eyed flower arrangement. The doe not only couldn't back up a threat, but didn't seem interested in trying- instead she started... circling? Showing off? She was reminded of her unanswered question.

"I came looking for a good time," she replied with a shrug. "Now really, what is with this get-up of yours?"  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff