Nagaikami

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:22 pm
Got an email today notifying me they had mailed a "Request for Evidence."

Apparently the visa application didn't have enough evidence proving our relationship. Even though we had a packet filled with photos of us over 4 years' time, affidavits from friends and family, and email correspondence. So I don't know what else I can give them. They have all the recorded history of our relationship, I don't know what more I can provide. crying

So I'm officially freaking out about this. Until the request arrives in the mail (at my mom's house) I won't know what they're asking for. gonk  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:25 pm
wtf what else could you give them to prove that?
That sucks. >< I hope it all works out.

Akky the Terrible

Nagaikami

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:16 pm
Looking at VisaJourney (a forum for people going through the various circles of hell that are visa applications) is giving me an idea of what's wrong.

Apparently she and I were each supposed to include a separate letter signed and dated stating our intent to get married within 90 days of her entering the US. Because the other forms and letters stating our intent to marry and all that don't make it obvious enough.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 5:22 pm
...that's ridiculous. neutral

Akky the Terrible

Deaux

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:01 pm
Somebody has to check a box off on a form. If you send them what they ask for it may well work.  
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 pm
Deaux
Somebody has to check a box off on a form. If you send them what they ask for it may well work.

Yeah, I realized that. It's just another delay, and hassle. When I sent the packet, I was so confident I'd covered all my bases.  

Nagaikami

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200

Nagaikami

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:37 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my dad just received the hard copy of the Request for Evidence. That in itself pisses me off, because my mom and I spent two weeks on the phone with them trying to get my address changed to her place.

In addition to the two letters that I knew they would ask for and have prepared, they're also asking for information fulfilling the "Requirement that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person." That's right, all the photos, emails, and affidavits from my friends and family don't count. Somehow I have to prove that we've seen each other without using, y'know, all the evidence we have that we've seen each other.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:57 pm
Nagaikami
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So my dad just received the hard copy of the Request for Evidence. That in itself pisses me off, because my mom and I spent two weeks on the phone with them trying to get my address changed to her place.

In addition to the two letters that I knew they would ask for and have prepared, they're also asking for information fulfilling the "Requirement that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person." That's right, all the photos, emails, and affidavits from my friends and family don't count. Somehow I have to prove that we've seen each other without using, y'know, all the evidence we have that we've seen each other.

Did you ask them directly what do you need so I can get this information to you so we don't have to go through this s**t again?  

Neuneu

O.G. Noob

Nagaikami

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:08 pm
Get a straight answer from the government? Surely you jest.

Even if I were in the US, getting through the labyrinth of automated messages to speak to an actual human being tends to just result in "follow the instructions included in the notice."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:14 pm
My guess is that they need an affidavit with a notary seal that you two have met. Perhaps if you and your loved one went down to the American Consulate they could work something up for you. I would call first to be sure this can be done and if I went I would have everyone bring their passport for ID purposes.  

Deaux

Nagaikami

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:16 pm
Deaux
My guess is that they need an affidavit with a notary seal that you two have met. Perhaps if you and your loved one went down to the American Consulate they could work something up for you. I would call first to be sure this can be done and if I went I would have everyone bring their passport for ID purposes.

Actually, at this point that wouldn't count. We need evidence we met each other prior to this January (when the application was submitted.) Any affidavit dated after then wouldn't work. Also, the original package had notarized affidavits from my friends and family, and it still didn't help.

Today I'm going to go through my email history and print out all the email confirmations of plane tickets I've bought for the past two years. They're all jumbled, through different websites and airlines, and don't all include me visiting her city, so we'll see how helpful it actually is.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 pm
Did you get my e-mails about the time stamp software? Find some pictures you have from when she was still a student of yours and use the software to imprint the time stamps on them.  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

Deaux

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:19 pm
Perhaps there is an official roll from the school showing you were her teacher. Just guessing here.  
The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games