[JRP] Restless Dwarf (Babushka x Dryco)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:31 pm
User Image Dryco was glad the pride was getting back on its paws. He and his sister had been born and raised in the pride so getting the pride back up and running was a priority to them. He had worked his tail off lately, trying to do as much as he possibly could to make things easier on his sister. He was a warrior, and she wanted to be a Wife but had yet to find a mate. It should not be her job to run HIS den, so he split the work with her as much as he could. It was on one of these errands that he found himself today. His sister had mentioned that they needed new furs for their sleeping piles, and he volunteered to get them.

Dryco knew his sister would not argue with what he brought back, especially since she was making sure they had food in the den while he saw to this task. It occurred to the male that he should get a Wife of his own after his sister had a husband. He wanted her happy before he sought his own happiness, though. The male turned a corner and nearly ran over one of his own Clan. He side stepped and nodded to the other lion. "Sorry, need to watch where these big paws o' mine 're takin' me."  
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:20 pm
User Image "Aye, aye, seems like everyone's in a hurry. Gettin' things together for the celebrations, cleaning up the mess from the fire," the pale storyteller said with just the tiniest bit of exasperation to her voice.

Until things were back to normal Babushka wasn't likely to be her normal friendly self. Well...until she go over their new queen to be being so.....non-dwarf in color she was likely to be a little cross.

If there was anyone in the pride who could be called racist, it was Babushka. It was how she was raised - to be proud of their dwarf blood and the strength therein - their natural and stony colors were a representation of that strength! Anything else was a symbol of some...weakness of the blood. There were some colors she'd learned over time to forgive, but the more desaturated to colors, the better!

Babushka was most definitely sandstone, like her grandmother and mother. Dryco...well, she had seen amethysts before, cut deep from the mountains. So she guessed that made him okay. But her knowledge of other gems was limited, and until someone could show and convince her that they were a color of stone, she could continue to doubt the strength of their blood!

Now, this wasn't how Babushka always was, but all the new blood, weak blood, entering the pride in attempts to rebuild it...it left her irritated and at the forefront of her mind.

Luckily Dryco was no neophyte. Like her, he was born and raised here, so he didn't get the brunt of her ire.

Kathryn Dragonna

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:01 pm
"Aye, it does seem that way, don't it, Babushka? Not hurt, are ye? I wouldna want ta stain that perty dwarf pelt of yers." Dryco did not often flirt, and really in this case it was more trying to make the storyteller smile than anything. He knew she was not happy about the new blood, and really, he could not blame her. It was hard to adjust to the sudden influx of new blood. It was one thing to have one or two new bloods in at a time, but quite another to have so much of the pride now consist of new blood and even their QUEEN and at least one Clan Patriarch be new blood.

Dryco had no problem with the new bloods really. He and his sister were half rogue blood. Their mother had decided since she could find no suitable dwarf to marry, she would just get a rogue male to sire her cubs and leave it at that. It was a lot harder to have a problem with new blood coming in from outside the pride to help rebuild, when your own mother had chosen to do such a thing before the pride had problems. The male knew that many were not so predisposed to tolerance, though and that was their right to have a different opinion.

F a y t h - x

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:48 pm
Not just any clan patriarch, the their clan patriarch. Babushka had been aghast at the news.

Not much she could do about any of it though. The pride needed new blood, and she supposed beggers couldn't be choosers. But she didn't have to like it.

"I'm fine," She licked a spot on her shoulder that...wasn't dirty, but more for show. "So, what're you up to on this day?"

There were preparations for the ceremony going on, and dens that were still being cleaned and renovated....

Kathryn Dragonna

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:29 am
Dryco had not been too thrilled with the outside blood coming in and becoming Patriarch either, but well, Yorath HAD earned his place through a proper challenge. Of course the fact that their patriarch had also married one of the respected warriors did not hurt matters either as far as the black lion was concerned. "I'm off ta git some furs for tha den. Grawlina is workin' hard enough, figured I'd help 'er. What'er ye up ta?" The male's accent was thicker than some of the others in the pride. He had never really been outside their pridelands for really anything.

"Ye gonna try ta git yer paws on a husband ta boss around yet? Grawlina needs ta git one." Dryco was a bit worried about his sister not being married yet. A warrior like Babushka was another story. She would have no problem even if she didn't marry or have cubs. The male knew his sister, who was the color of amethyst and slate, would not be happy until she was caring for a husband, her own den and a litter of cubs or two. He really hoped she had time to find a good husband once everything settled down again in the pride.

F a y t h - x

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:58 pm
Kathryn Dragonna

"Well," She took a moment to think, "Once I would say there were too many loves for me to settle with just one - such is the life of a bard," wistful sigh here. "Best of luck to your sister though."

Indeed, Babushka was known to be a social butterfly, well known to many, and a lady of diverse entertainments...at least to those of the right blood. She had a long road of acceptance ahead of her though.

"As for now, I am simply wandering. Not much to do now that most of the clean-up is done, and preparations are almost done for the wedding... I suppose I could lend a paw but everyone seems to have things taken care of. And too many paws can mess things up. We certainly wouldn't want that."  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 am
F a y t h - x

Dryco nodded his head. "Ah can certainly see such as truth fer a lass like ye, Babushka. Many a male 'as dreamed 'a gettin' ye." At one time he would have been among that number too, but the male had come to realize his chances were zero and accepted that. Of course now his mind was stuck on that pretty white pelted rogue he had come across the other day when he'd gotten stuck out in the storm. She was another reason that he was helping his sister with the den so much. He had brought in a stranger to care for because he did not want to let her out on her own if she was not in tip top shape.

Dryco grinned at the female. "Ye could always go sing fer ta lads workin'. It'll cheer 'em up." And probably get the Babushka more than a few den offers for that night, but she was a bard with a beautiful voice so that was to be expected. He did wonder if she would ever settle down and get a husband. If she did, that would be one lucky male. He also would likely have a hard job of catching the bard in the first place, but that was besides the point. His prize would be worth the work, or so Dryco was inclined to believe. "I'm sure Grawlina will need some luck. She is na' doin' much searchin' lately. Swear ta lass is waitin' fer one ta drop in 'er paws."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:40 pm
Babushka was certainly no humble Dwarf. She took pride in the fact that she was a prize to be had. Likewise she had no shame, really. Everyone had their vices. Hers she just so happened to embrace.

"Well lot of good that's gonna do 'er!" Babushka said, shaking her head, "And doesn't speak much of the character of the male, either! Poor girl must not know how thrilling it is to be pursued," she sighed almost wistfully. "After all, around here, I think a girl can afford to be a little choosy! You can't just settle for the first handsome face to look your way. Why, If I did, I certainly wouldn't have gotten very far!"

Kathryn Dragonna

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:40 pm
"If ye did settle fer th' first handsome face, ah wouldna git ta tease ye 'bout all th' offers ye've turned down, lass. Ah would have such a borin' life." Dryco winked at the bard and grinned. Oh he certainly thought the lioness beautiful and her voice was divine, but he knew he had about as much chance with her as his sister did getting with one of the king's relations. It was slim at best and much closer to nill really. He was glad she took his company as well as she did and he would just leave well enough alone with the pretty bard.

"Ah 'ope th' lass gits 'er tail ta lookin'. Plenty o' males around fer 'er ta look at." It never occurred to Dryco just how like his sister he was when it came to mate searching. He was a warrior, and had other things to do. On some level that made it fine in his mind that he wasn't looking for anyone right now. His sister was truly a wife, she just took care of the den and helped others as she could. For her not to have a husband to give her cubs, well, it upset the male a little.

F a y t h - x

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff