Submit

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:38 am
Once past the willow's comfort the outside world was once more cool with a gentles night breeze. It felt heavenly against his low grade fever's grasp on his body, a sure sign the sickness was passing once more as it did every time. Deathbringer's eyes were busy though, scowering the land for any signs that anyone aside from them had wandered through these tombs. It didn't seem they had visitors through the day, but one could really never be too sure when it came to something like this and when it had been so long since he did a patrol around the perimeter.

When his company spoke up, his eyes turned to glance her way as he pondered the rather tame tone of her words. So she noticed...or was it that he'd said something in his delirious state? It was probably that, he didn't recall the prior time they'd met saying anything about his illness to her. The stallions eyes fell down to the ground as the world around him have a small tilt from his lingering dizziness. He supposed there was little wrong with being truthful at this point since she had been kindly enough to care for him through the night.

"For some time, now. It comes and goes...maybe a day or two at most. It was about a year or so after I moved into here that it started." Once again he glanced her way, only to find those ruby eyes of hers staring at him. "I do because I cannot leave this place. The last time I did bandits came through and made a massive mess out of my beautiful graves." As he spoke of the memory his teeth clenched, evident in the elevated aggravation that came along with thinking about bandits and graverobbers. "I swore to myself I would never leave this place without its keeper again, it took weeks to even get the graves re-dug properly, let alone the mangled remains put in properly from being decomposed. A body should not come out once it has been buried...."

Besides, he refused to even leave to find his sister again - and that said something.

"They'd been watching - waiting for me to leave. I won't give them such a luxury again." He concluded, even if it meant his health - although he was sure the damage had already been done. "Its been years since the day I arrived...I'm not the young stallion I was - everyone's health declines. Mine will just be a little faster than everyone else's."

His own mortality had always been in the back of his mind, and he knew full well the implications of leaving the graveyard. Yet he wouldn't leave it unless he knew he was in capable hooves, even so, he loved it here; even if it would kill him to do so. It was only a few steps after the conclusion of his words that they'd arrived at the entrance. Lowering his nose to the ground he sniffed the grass carefully, it was ready that was for sure. However, as he lifted his head to look at her he motioned his head to outside the gate. "You'll want to head out till at least those trees." He spoke of the ones some distance away; enough they'd have to shout to talk. "Any closer and you'll be on tainted ground for sure."

Faithofthefallen
Taggers! 8D

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:44 am

"Thats... Awful." Claudette's eyes widened as she contemplated the despicable nature of graverobbers. To steal from the truly defenseless... I was a monstrous violation. She understood why Deathbringer would want to keep them away from his home.

While she understood his motives, she was frustrated by his seeming determination to give his life unnecessarily for his cause. She eyed the line of trees in the distance with eyes as hard as agates, surely he could step outside at least that far? She swung her head around to tell him so... And then thought better of it. He mother had once advised her that people changed only of their own volition. Trying to force it on someone would only harm the one you tried to help in breed resentment. Claudette, young at that time, had not been aware that Jezabelle was speaking of her relationship with the estranged father of her three children. The mare had always remembered that conversation though, and the sadness seriousness in her mother's eyes when she she spoke of such things. When she got older, her cousin Risti reluctantly filled her in on some of the less child appropriate details of her parent's broken lifemating and that was when the pieces had fallen into place. She understood. It nearly broke her teeth to hold back what seemed like such sound advice, but she managed it. Instead, she turned her back on the trees and leaned down to pull a tuft of grass from the poisoned ground at their feet as perhaps an unspoken challenge. "If you are eating here, then so will I. You said it took you a year of continuous feeding here to feel the effects, one meal shouldn't do much harm."

She chewed, it didn't taste or feel any different than any other kind of grass. That was a relief, she wasn't really sure why she was doing this except it hurt her to think of Deathbringer making himself sick back here while she stayed healthy on the other side of the gate. It seemed symbolic somehow, like she thought her health more important than his own.

As she ate, she glanced out at the land surrounding the cemetery, trying to spot the bandits and graverobbers Deathbringer had mentioned, not sure if she truly believed they lurked so faithfully with such terrible intentions. "What will you do to them if they come back?" He was a big stallion, and most would find the regalia of his occupation and coloring to be intimidating, but he was still one person. If they came in force, he would be in danger.

Tirokio
<3

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:11 am
Deathbringer had never had regret when it came to his own mortality, he supposed if one was crazy enough to live in a graveyard and handle the dead even at the cost of his own life one had to be a few screws loose of a full package. He'd come to terms taking on such manic obsession here may mean he'd never see his sister again, never see the world again. The reality he'd die alone or at the paws of bandits or even worse - a desperate skinwalker was something he lived with every day.

Nothing had really bothered him before, until now.

Sure, he may have been thrown into a downright insane rage at the sight of graverobbers and zombies; but when he saw Claudette lean down to eat at the grass he found himself staring quite gawkingly. Why was she eating here? The grass just but a few strides outside the gate was free of polution, free of risk. True, he'd said it took a year...but that was on the calculated assumption he'd been lucky to avoid pretty contaminated grass. He'd not known the state of the grass when he came, so as he ate and ate he was bound to hit patches of things he shouldn't have consumed.

Was this really the area that was clean?

Deathbringer began to doubt his memory, but more than that his heart pounded at the very real possibility she could get sick, that he was wrong. His eyes darted out to the clean grass and he could feel the very thought of heading out there making him sick to his stomach; but it wasn't sitting well being responsible for his for once pleasant company falling ill on his behalf. She'd brought him such a beautiful flutter child, he couldn't...wouldn't let such a thing happen. He had standards, and he had pride.

"FINE." He blurted out with his breathing a little erratic, his single word much louder than he'd anticipated but he'd been so busy bubbling to a point of breaking in such deep thought he'd perhaps lost himself to the world around him for a moment or two. He wasted no time in leaning down and grabbing the end of her braid with his teeth and began to pull her, not enough to hurt her but to get his point across. They had only been a few steps from the entrance, and during his guiding he paused at the gate and looked down; and then ahead to the outside of the graveyard. It was here that he let go of her hair and moved forth...his first steps out in who knew how long.

"Come." He demanded, his pace a-lined for the clean grass. Glancing her way with a steeled expression as usual when speaking of those low life bandits and robbers. "They'll join the rest." Deathbringer paused...perhaps she didn't notice. "I bury them along the entrance, to ward off others. I should perhaps leave their rotting heads above ground to be truly effective but....its just not proper burial so the mounds will have to do." Once at the grass he leaned down and began to graze, inwardly a little shocked at the difference between the gravegrass and this only a short ways away. It really was a lot more...tastier. Less dust from the open plots of ground too he supposed.

Faithofthefallen
Tag! <3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Claudette did not dare let the spark of triumph that lit within her breast to reach her eyes or the laugh to escape her lips at his blustering outburst. She simply smiled her acceptance and serenely followed Deathbringer out to the clean patch of grass as though it had been his intent all along. Growing up with her brother, she had learned that sometimes it was easier to get people to go along with your ideas if you don't threaten their pride in the process. She didn't need Deathbringer to accede the point verbally, she just wanted him to avoid eating and drinking more of what had made him sick in the first place. As they strolled she peered at him surreptitiously from beneath her lowered lashes, she hadn't been sure her small act of defiance would warrant a reaction from him, much less change his mind. The fact that seeing her sample the poisoned grass had so quickly spurred him from the cemetery when he was so adamant on not leaving for any reason only moments before was... Thought provoking to say the least. Claudette pondered it but wasn't brave enough to broach the subject.

Now that he mentioned it, Claudette had seen the mounds when she came in, they had seemed oddly placed but it WAS a graveyard after all. There was nothing particularly memorable about a few more graves so she hadn't mentioned them. She cast him a sidelong smile, she liked that he would even put those who would steal from him a proper burial. Watching him a moment longer to make sure his appetite was back after the fever, she returned to her own breakfast. She wasn't sure if the grass tasted cleaner here because it actually was or because of her own predispositions on the subject of eating what was nourished by rotting fluids and bone dust. "Do you leave anything recognizable out? So other bandits know that the graves are there for warning?" she wondered aloud idly.

Tirokio
Tag!

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:52 am
As his lips and mouth savored what was like a whole other cuisine of grass, he could feel the anxiety on his heart as its pace remained accelerated and a little erratic. His mind kept wandering back to the graveyard, had someone been watching and seen him leave? Maybe someone had hopped the stone walls where he could not see? Rampaging around and wreaking his utopia, digging up his graves...maybe he should go back. Do a run around to make sure...

Yet...his energy wasn't that recovered, he'd risk pushing himself and all Claudette had done for him would be for naught.

Speaking of which, he'd caught her smile as he glanced over; that uneasy feeling bubbling up inside him. Unknowingly to him she had been pondering something similar; on why he was so quick to drop his cardinal rule of not leaving the graveyard...for her. Yes, he knew there was plenty of reasons he did it....but it all seemed like pieces of a big picture - one he didn't really want to ponder or think on too much. She'd been kind enough to take care of his sickly corpse, the least he could do in return would be of better company since...Claudette had come to visit him even if it was with his payment in toll.

"I don't....I had figured being so close to the skinwalker graveyard was deterrent enough; but I suppose since this graveyard isn't that one...they believe this is the next best thing looking for treasures or thrills." He'd risked his own life staying in the confines of the cemetery, and had seen his fair share of predators; luckily for him quick thinking and the resounding stench of death had kept him alive so far. "It probably wouldn't hurt to leave some bones or skulls....I was more or less hoping the reputation of no one living to take anything would precede me..."

Steeling himself mentally he stopped eating for a moment, lifting his head and casting her a rather serious glance. "Something has been bothering me for a bit, I can't help but wonder...Do you like it here...?" Perhaps it was a little out of no where, but it had been a frequent passing thought the longer she stayed and returned from the day she'd first stumbled on his graveyard.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:54 am

Claudette fixed her eyes upon him, studying him as she tried to read his thoughts through his body language. A faint smile touched the mare's lips, deepening as she glanced back at the graveyard behind them. She tilted her head slightly and then nodded, her tail swishing as she met Deathbringer's solemn gaze. "I do, it has a strange... Macabre beauty that resonates with part of me. Most places I go, I feel as though I have to hide me. The real me, how I feel inside. It is difficult feeling alien among your own kind. My mother's family accepts me for who I am, but I don't want to stay in my great grandfathers lands all the time. I hope you don't mind... Me coming here."

Her wide crimson eyes watched him unblinkingly, her heart throbbing, feeling more vulnerable than she ever had before in her life.

What is -wrong- with me

Her thoughts shied away from identifying the emotions swirling within her This was not something she could fend off with her blade, this was something that came from within and carried the potential to hurt her. And yet, it carried the faint whisper of a joy unlike any other... She was exquisitely aware of his presence at her side. she shuffled her feet and glanced down, her bangs covering her face artfully, "And you are here..." Claudette added an almost intelligible murmur. Feeling her cheeks mantle with color as she studied the blades of grass beneath her hooves with uncharacteristic interest.

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:43 am
In an instant....things changed.

It was in such a fluidly quick motion that what was once a rather intense stare between soil and ruby was dashed away; dropping and slipping behind a veil of black bangs. He could see the bashful way her body was holding itself, where just moments ago she'd been staring off towards his home speaking such fond words about a place most could really only describe as creepy, depressing, dangerous...

She spoke as if she'd been reading his thoughts like a book.

He knew it all too well, back in the days of his own youth he'd been that awkward little colt that really didn't fit in anywhere; even his own sister had a part of her that was truly frightened of him. As much as he loved her to the ends of his own mortality and time, there was a part of him which recoiled at the fears she possessed. It had been some time since he came across anyone who'd shared such a similar delight; to have that part of you accepted without fear. Deathbringer had almost felt if he had a gaping wound in his chest, open and vulnerable to see the heart which still beat beneath the morbid flesh and twisted desires.

He was....no, they were still the same.

"I.....don't...." A gentle breath escaped him, wishing that he'd brought the large bird's skull; his face felt so exposed, unable to even hide behind his own hair the way it stuck to his neck from being sickly. When she'd singled him out, in nothing but a barely decipherable murmur, Deathbringer had to turn his head away - unable to chance a meeting glance if she'd happened to turn her head back up from the grass she was currently interested in.

He wasn't stupid.

He'd realized the very real chance that her repeated visits held a motive; not that it was a sin but something had been growing on him as well. Her movements just seconds ago made him realize it was no longer a possibility; as he took note of his own growing affections for her....it was just sense that hers would be growing under the same light with the little things she did and said. In his time alive he'd not foreseen such a situation arising...Deathbringer had put to rest foolish desires of fairytales and the sorts...he'd live and die in this graveyard. His wish was to see his sister before his passing...but he knew in her conflicted state that might be too much to ask for. The stallion didn't think he would be feeling the embers of emotion in his own cheeks, matching the younger mare before him.

"I haven't minded for...some time." He stated truthfully, still staring off into nothing. His mind forever turning in thought.

Claudette...what have you done to me to make me feel like this..?

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:36 pm

With a sharp intake of breath, she felt warmth suffuse her body at his words.
Claudette was trembling, her blood was pounding so loudly through her veins she was sure people could hear it for miles around and her heart was twisting in her chest.

She looked up and smiled, just barely. At least he hadn't asked her to leave. Deathbringer was older, he always seemed so sure of himself. She wondered what he saw when he looked at her, a child? A friend? She tossed her long hair, trying to shake aside the wispy black curls that framed her face so as to see him better. He was staring off into the distance, his expression indecipherable. She found him as riveting today as she had that first night they had met. He had happened upon her, bloodstained, and with her blade sunk hilt deep in the side of a stag. Yet he hadn't been disgusted or afraid, he had offered to help her hide the evidence of her misdeed. For a price of course, but what was the harm in that? She remembered he had almost killed her to add a flutter to his collection, rather than frightening her she had been rather flattered. The memory made her eyes crinkle with amusement.

She had been so in awe of him that first night, Claudette had never thought she would get to know the stallion behind the mask. She had never thought to care for him when he was ill. Claudette felt protective of him, worried that he would become sick again while she was away, worried she would return to find he had become part of his own collection. She was fairly sure he wouldn't be opposed to the idea but the thought of losing him was too painful to contemplate for more than a few heartbeats before she had to shove the worry from her mind. Even when he wasn't at her side, knowing that he existed was a comfort. He had been the first soquili she had met who was so unashamedly himself, his strength of character had given her the courage to embrace her own darkness. To be who she was without shame or apology. He was important to her.

The silence had stretched on for longer than usual, it was not uncomfortable but she was afraid of revealing more of the emotions swirling within, afraid what it would mean for them if she tempted their easy companionship. Instead of speaking immediately, she stepped closer, searching his eyes as she looked into his face. She nosed the bone mask gently, lingering a moment longer than necessary. Her red eyes glowing almost undetectabley in the darkness. "I've never asked why you wear this," she whispered, "it is such a part of you, I never wondered where it care from before, but now, I'm curious... If you don't mind telling?"

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:40 pm
At her step towards him, a single movement, his head had turned despite knowing precisely what she was doing. Deathbringer could have kept his gaze distance bound, found something fascinating out there in the unseen world beyond his graveyard walls. So close to things he'd passed years ago, faded in hazy memories like the fog on a cool autumn's eye. Yet this time he looked dead into her eyes as she'd been inches away; her nose hesitating as it was pressed onto the bone of his mask. It was a long moment as his breath had refused to release from his lungs; the grave brown of his own eyes taking in that rather stunning blood red opposite of his own.

When had it been so easy to allow someone so close to him?

Her inquiry about his mask didn't fall on deaf ears, but he took a genuine moment to ponder how to answer her. It wasn't like the story was full of danger or heroism...but none the less she had asked; and Deathbringer felt his mask wasn't much a secret.

"Its not much of a story..." His deep vocals rumbled out; not quite a whisper but much quieter and subdued than his usual tone and volume. Considering the space between them was barely more than a breath away as she didn't return to her prior spacing after her intimate approach - he could speak softer. "It was the first decaying body I came across as a young stallion. It was a massive corpse, I'd never seen a bird with a skull so large; but its flesh had rotted away so I wasn't sure what type of bird it was. I dug in there and removed the skull...and realized I had no problem with a dead body; even in such an advanced state of decay. It was a turning point that I realized I had a calling aside from just a fascination. I kept it ever since...." He paused. "Its sentimental, in short. What I imagine that blade is to you..." Deathbringer had pointed out, he had always been a little drawn to the tantalizing blade; but he'd never held a weapon before and of course didn't want to use something so precious as the knife.

"Claudette..." He began, feeling an awful twisting in his stomach as he swallowed quite hard. It seemed, in essence, temptation was playing coy with his mind; a battle of should I, or should I not swaying him to and fro. "I have meant to ask...Do you l-"

THUD

As the ominous echo came from within the stone walls to his ears, the stallion's eyes widened in an unleashed horror. Snapping his head towards the graveyard in a speed which should have broken his own neck his body became rigid and tense. It came from within the graveyard...his graveyard. He'd been a fool, and idiot...and now his beautiful paradise was paying the price for his selfish decision to leave the comfort of its walls. He'd said not a word as his body broke into a dead sprint, sailing like a dark vessel across the untainted path back into his home. He followed the noise, snickering, hoofsteps echoing across the otherwise barren land till something came into view near the southern walls.

Intruders; kicking over gravestones and trying to kick up his graves.

Deathbringer could only see red, his anger and rage taking over everything he was. He wasted no time rushing the youth...not foals, but not quite adults who thought to have some fun in a scary graveyard; using his size to knock them over...and snuff out the light each one of them held. It was bloody, the crushing of bones and a few cries before the silence of death overcame the unfortunate youth echoed...but he did not stop. He didn't stop till his breath heaved from his chest; his eyes still wide and lost within his own inferno; blood seeping from the bodies almost as much as it was dripping off him. Trembling with exhaustion, Deathbringer fought to turn off his fight instinct..but it was easier said than done when he was covered and surrounded in the stench of fresh, steaming blood.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:22 pm

In an instant, their companionable silence was shattered with a thud that seemed to rip the fabric of the night. One moment, Deathbringer was about to say something important, the next the most menacing look she had ever seen twisted his features and before she had time to fully comprehend what was happening, he was gone. Sprinting across the grass like a bolt of shadow, his bone adornments rattling in an eerie announcement of his impending return.

Claudette squinted, her eyes just barely making out movement in the graveyard, when her mind put two and two together her jaw dropped open in a silent scream. "No!" she gasped breathlessly, and broke into a run herself, long hair rippling behind her like a pennant. "Scum, thieves, monsters!" She growled under her breath as she ran, her muscles screaming. What if they hurt him, what if they destroyed his home? She stopped long enough at the graveyard's entrance to tear the blade free from its makeshift sheath at her thigh, the long strip of white cloth fluttering to the ground behind her, forgotten to settle across a broken headstone as she rushed to Deathbringer's aide.

Her nostril's flared as she reached the scene, eyes flashing and teeth tightly clenching the marks in the handle of her blade as the cloying scent of fresh blood seeped into her lungs, enticing, intoxicating. Deathbringer had never seen her bloodlust, only the aftermath. From its place within her, where she was always aware of it, the hunger unfurled itself. Her gaze was glassy, ferocious, it did not control her as it did her mother and grandmother but it was tempting. Oh so tempting to give in. She licked her lips as she stared at the broken bodies scattered around the small area like fallen leaves. In the center of the chaos, Deathbringer stood, blood splattered and chest heaving. Concern for him overrode her instincts, although she wanted nothing more than to rip, to drink. A while ago, such cravings would have had her on the ground almost writhing with guilt as she struggled to contain her nature to please her father, but no longer. She was proud of her heritage, she had embraced it.

Claudette dropped the knife, something she had been schooled never to do, but now it seemed unimportant. Deathbringer was upset, Deathbringer could be hurt, he may be weak from sickness. She had to check on him. She strode up to him without hesitation or fear, her eyes alight with compassion, her grandfather would have lectured her for walking up to a warrior in the grip of battle so innocently but Claudette had never known what it was to be lost in the need to defend ones self and home. So she rushed to his side, forcing herself to ignore the heady fumes and surveyed the chaos around them, the upturned graves, the rubble of broken stone, the churned earth that had once been green grass and other flora. Who would do such a thing, why? "Oh Deathbringer, I'm so sorry." Would he blame her for luring him away, she certainly blamed herself.

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:12 pm
Wisps of hot breath shrouded his vision from the dramatic rise and fall of his chest; his sense of equilibrium shifting to make his body sway slightly. Still gripped by the hungry grasp of his illness his body fought hard not to collapse from his efforts to rid his graveyard of the intruders; all Deathbringer could see was blurred - tinted with red from his rage. Far off sounds reached his ears as if he was underwater, muffled and distorted.

However, something made his skin crawl as he snapped his head in Claudette's direction; seeing her but at the same time not. His mind screamed at him, viciously snarling sweet darkness into his ears.

More intruders! Kill them, kill them for ruining our home!

There was a clang, metal against stone as the knife had dropped to the ground without so much of a second thought. Instantly he lashed out, his head and neck making a wide swing to make contact with something; anything. Blood swiftly splattered on the ground from the sudden movement;a sickening splash as his hooves had stepped into the hot puddle below.

Her fault! She lead you out on purpose! End this seductress!

For fraction of seconds, a part of him wanted to believe his conscious; to fault the blame on someone else was so much simpler than to dive into his own mistake. How easy would it be to snuff her life, to forcibly close the chapter of his life to which he held such weakness. It would be like it never happened, and no one would be alive to tell anyone otherwise.

Deathbringer could even feel it, feel his lips and teeth closing down on her neck...the beating of her pulse and gentle gasps of constricted air on such a beautifully pale neck..

No. His heart skipped a painful beat.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" He bellowed loudly, stumbling away from her through the blood to maximize the space between them. His vision began to come around; still blurred from his dizziness but not as crippling as before. Deep in his soul he knew he couldn't end her...the fault was his. He'd been the one to be foolish enough to allow himself to get so comfortable with someone; his life of solitude should have been just that. He'd come to terms he would spend his days alone with his corpses, and knew a foolish notion such as love just couldn't get in the way of that. The feelings were beginning to show...and he needed to at least snuff that out to preserve his dedication to his home...his graveyard. She would have been a prize amongst prizes for his collection yet his heart would never allow it to be such.

He wanted to see her live - which was a rare thought for Deathbringer. She wouldn't be able to do that here when he had been so close to wanting to snuff her out.

"Leave this place. At once." He breathed out with venom laced in his words; unable to even look at her from the guilt dwelling in his soul. It was for the best.

He had to keep telling himself that...it was all for the best this way.

Faithofthefallen

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:49 am

Claudette's lips parted in a breathless gasp as Deathbringer whirled to face her, there was no recognition in his eyes, no wispy remnants of the moment they had recently shared. There was hate, anger, and a wild violence that made her heart skip a beat. Her knife was on the ground, all but forgotten, everything seemed to move in slow motion as she his muscles twitch in response to her movement. Too late, she could only watch as the blow approached, she felt no fear, no anger, only a moment of startled incomprehension that erupted into a stunning explosion of pain. Her vision blackened.

It returned in spots of color and flashes of light moments later, although it felt like hours, there was a throbbing sensation at her throat, her eyes flicked down, a steady stream of crimson stood out in stark relief against the white of her check and neck, tickling as it flowed, she was lying in a spreading puddle. He had nicked a major artery, thankfully he had not severed it entirely or she would have died momentarily. Still, the pressure pumping the blood down her front was worrisome, she would need to staunch it soon. She couldn't quite get her mind to cooperate with the rest of her body. Stand, she ordered her legs, but they remained limp and crumpled where she had fallen. Seconds after her sight returned, her hearing returned in a crash of sound that left her reeling. It the few moments she had been in shock at his feet, Deathbringer had been shouting something above her. She looked up, her eyes sleepy and glazed with pain, there was no fear in her eyes, merely calm acceptance, she saw the look in his eyes. Had seen it in her own at times as she gazed at her reflection when the cravings were at their peak, he was going to kill her. So be it, but slowly, as her mind began sorting through the incomprehensible sounds he was making, his words began to make sense. Her heart wrenched with a ripping pain far worse than the agony his teeth had caused her. No.

His words dripped with a scorn that tore at her as she finally made her legs work, struggling to her feet with heavy breaths that concealed the sobs that were hovering at the edge of her control. Claudette didn't want him to see her cry, he would misunderstand, it was not a physical pain or fear that drove her beyond control, but rather the deep heartache of his banishment that tore at her.

There were so many words she wanted to say, things she needed to say, to fix this. But as she opened her mouth a shuddering sob wracked her frame, nearly bringing her to her knees. She glanced down, dizzy, her vision darkening as the blood splashed across the ground swam in and out of focus. For the first time that night, she felt fear, she had no time to calm him, the bloodloss was too severe, she spread her wings to keep her balance, pulled her scarf tight with her teeth to staunch the flow, and stumbled away, feeling keenly the loss of something precious that hadn't had time to fully flower. She stopped once at the gate to look back, he had wanted once to kill her for her wings, and had come within an easy breath to finishing the job. But he had sent her away instead, that was important, Deathbringer had hesitated before taking her life, before adding his body to his collection of corpses. "Goodbye, Deathbringer." Tears flowing freely now, she stumbled off into the darkness, hoping that the thick scent of blood would not attract predators before she could reach help.

Her knife lay forgotten on the loamy earth, the crimson misted across its' edge and handle glistening in the moonlight

Tirokio

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:32 pm
Faithofthefallen
;____; -weep!!!- Well, shall we call this one a wrap and I believe begin the next phase? If I remember later on she meets up with Howl which starts the plot back to the graveyard but does she need a healer in the meantime??

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:12 am
Tirokio

I think to keep things moving smoothly I could just plot that she was healed and fill in the blanks later if it proves pertinent, I'm sure her family would fix her up if anything Y_Y.

Should I start the rp with Howl ;3?

Faithofthefallen
Crew

Tirokio

Kawaii Fairy

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:48 am
Faithofthefallen
That would be super 8D <3 -squeaks- <3