Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]
[prp] Swallowed her up like the ocean (Ochieng x Nteo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:22 am
KasaiLoki
User Image

Nteo had finished making his rounds, and decided it was time to head back to the dens. The sun was beginning to peak up from the ground, letting it lighten the dark lands. The blue violet colored male stopped his travels for a moment to watch the sunrise. He rather enjoyed the way the gold manipulated itself in the darkness, bringing not only the light, but the hints of warmth for the day to come.

Stretching, the lion turned back, eyes scanning the land. A few lions had been out and about like he was, but others were likely a sleep still. Soon they’d be out, as soon as the sun’s rays hit their dens.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:27 am
User Image

Ochieng had settled into the pride wonderfully, and enough time had passed that she was fully accepted as a member. It felt wonderful, really, to have a sort of family structure again. She'd finally gotten done hunting for the night, and a long night it'd been! The sun was already peaking over the horizon, the night was disappearing. It always made her a little sad when the night time retreated... but it would be back again soon enough!

As she moved through the lands she suddenly spotted Nteo, a lion she'd met when she'd first been interested in becoming part of the lands. She smiled and quickened her pace, "Helloo~" She called out, loud enough for him to hear but soft enough not to wake up any members who might be sleeping anywhere near by.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:24 am
Quote:
Nteo paused. He knew that sing song voice of a lioness. He had met her before when she first had woken up. She was a huntress, if his memory served him correctly.

“Why, hello again O,” he said quietly, a small smile on his maw. Instead of heading back to the dens, he retreated towards the white pelted lioness. “You’re up early?” He questioned, head tilting. She hunted at night? He could see that. It sometimes was best to have that element of surprise in the dark, more so then fighting the heat in the mid day.

His eyes scanned the area. Was she hunting on her own? He did not see any other lions or lionesses that could be a part of the hunting party; unless of course, they already had gone home.

“It’s been a while I say,” he said softly, also not wanting to wake up any slumbering members. “Liking the pride?”

"Hi Ler!" She grinned at him, giggling slightly because of the shortening of his name for her. When they'd first met he'd told her that he didn't think anyone had tried to call him that before, and she liked that. She was completely proud of making up unique versions of lions' names!

"Just awake late, really." She snorted and slowly sat herself down, looking forward to having a chat with him. "A few of us were out hunting, some lionesses offered to drag back what we caught and then I spent a while getting all the blood off..." She seemed to think this hilarious because she was suddenly laughing a lot, but then shrugged. "Really hard keeping a coat that's this light really clean... I mean it's a down right pain sometimes! I wish I was a nice coal color! I have a brother that color!"

She nodded slowly at his question, her smile softening. "Definitely liking the pride. It feels great waking up to an extended support system every day. How have you been doing anyways, Ler?"

Quote:
Nteo didn’t doubt that it would be a pain to get the blood of such a bright pelt. His own muzzle was white, and he knew every time he had enjoyed a meal, there was always a stain that did not want to leave his maw. It took his diving into one of the pride’s watering holes, and just staying there until he felt his skin pruning before the dark red, almost brown stain decided it would disappear.

The lion nodded though, chuckling at her. “Well, you are unique having your pelt color.” Especially here. The pride barely held many solid coated lions. It made her look different, stand out more, in his opinion.

“Good,” he loved his pride.

“Oh, you know,” she still was the only lion of the pride to call him Ler. “been doing well. The pride is quiet at night, and not many try passing our borders then.” Nteo partially wanted some kind of event to happen, something to bring some life to the rather drab life at the nightly border patrols.

She'd never heard someone call her unique before... at least, not for her pelt color. She wasn't sure why she felt so good about it, but she was certain he'd meant it as a compliment. "Wow, you think so? No one's ever said that before. Most lions think my pelt is kinda... I dunno... boring, I guess." She cleared her throat.

She nodded more as her gaze slid away from him and toward the borders they were now discussing. "It makes me feel safe." She said softly, and then purred slightly. "Not just... not just that it's kind of peaceful here but also because lions like you are patrolling and it's good.. it's been so long since I could rest so easily." She laughed a little here.

Quote:
“Of course!” He smiled.

“I don’t think it’s boring.” Though everyone had their own opinion on the matter. Nteo enjoyed the less intricate patterns. They were a lot easier on the eyes. He left it at that.

Nteo couldn’t help but puff out his chest. He liked his job, even though if it was boring at times. He wasn’t the greatest hunter in the world, so he made sure he’d use his skills for guarding to the greatest. It meant protecting his friends, and family from any kind of threats.

“Well, you’ve been up late. You probably should get some rest soon, yeah?”

She knew she would have to be leaving soon, so it was no surprise when he asked if she shouldn't be getting some sleep at the moment. Strangely, or perhaps not so, she didn't want to leave. "Soon enough. I dunno, I just feel like I've had tons of energy lately! So weird!"

She smiled at him, shrugging lightly. "What about you, are you going to rest soon?" Ochieng tried to wrack her brain for something more clever to speak about, but she wasn't sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:13 pm
Nteo looked at the sky. The sun had come up just above the horizon, but the still lingering darkness lasted just at the top of the sky. He was tired, but he didn’t want to leave O wandering around by herself.

“When I get off patrols I usually do,” he gazed at the white lioness. “but….” He paused, thinking. “… if you want, we can go for a walk or something afterwards, so you can expend some of that energy?” he chuckled. Nteo was quite an awkward lion. He wasn’t use to many interactions with others due to the obscene hours he was found awake.

It probably was good though, for him. He needed to get out, interact more, let others of the pride know exactly who he was. He wasn’t the little cub that a lot would know him for back in his younger days, he was and is something more important for the pride. Perhaps O would be the one to help bring him more out of his shell.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:21 pm
Her eyes shined with delight when he asked if she'd like to go on a walk. She practically vibrated from excitement as she nodded empathetically. "Okay, sure!" She wasted no time in responding, bounding around him a few times.

"I'd like that very much. I still am trying to remember all the areas of the pride, somehow some stuff still confuses me." She just laughed at that, not caring if it was embarrassing. "uuhm, thanks. For coming with me, for the walk." She glanced at him and smiled, trying to tone down how hyper she was suddenly feeling.

Walks were nice, and she was finding Nteo's company to be even nicer. It would be a perfect end to her evening.  
[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games