Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hall of United Brethren

Back to Guilds

In this guild everyone is Gaian and everyone is equal! We are community based and friendly. Come join the fun and make new friends! 

Tags: Community, Friends, Gaia, Role Play, Unity 

Reply The Main Hall
What kind of contests should the guild run! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

free gold?
  yes
  maybe
View Results

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:52 am
So guys I wanna run some contests what do you want to do and what do you want for prizes?  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:21 pm
Short story contests, perhaps with themes of the item being given (such as a constellation for Zodiacal)?  

[Barbarella]

Beginner Warrior

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 5:02 pm
[Barbarella]
Short story contests, perhaps with themes of the item being given (such as a constellation for Zodiacal)?

Oh I like that smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:24 pm
Tektek contests, and contests that would be a little bit interactive ^_^  

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:29 am
floralsnow

We have run tektek contests before and people just didn't enter...  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:35 am
Nights-Rune
floralsnow

Maybe it lacks advertisement. I suggest the games and contest should be placed on a separate subforum so that many can find them easily.  

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:46 am
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow

Maybe it lacks advertisement. I suggest the games and contest should be placed on a separate subforum so that many can find them easily.

Normally I link to the post that has them, also I would really like for people to actually explore the guild. I know it would be easier having contests in a different subforum but although it sounds a bit harsh I don't want people here just for that. This guild is about working together and making friends and building a community.

Forgive me if it sounds a bit mad...

I really feel the contests should just be nice perks that the guild can play together...

on a side note there are a few threads with some very nice thread games people just need to explore. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:36 am
Nights-Rune
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow

Normally I link to the post that has them, also I would really like for people to actually explore the guild. I know it would be easier having contests in a different subforum but although it sounds a bit harsh I don't want people here just for that. This guild is about working together and making friends and building a community.

I really feel the contests should just be nice perks that the guild can play together...

on a side note there are a few threads with some very nice thread games people just need to explore. 3nodding

While that may be true, the thing is if it is not properly noticed, then these contests will not be successful. The Main Hall has a lot of random topics and they can easily bury these contests at the bottom of the page. I have a suggestion, why don't we do it this way....

Every month, we'll have a major contest that will be posted at the Main Hall. Any other mini games will be posted at a game section. That includes other members who are willing to sponsor anything for fun! The mini games may or may not offer prizes. The point in doing this is to sort them out and everybody will know that the topics under that forum have games to play on!  

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Elyarne

Familiar Phantom

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:27 pm
Best/most ridiculous contest idea? With polls to decide the winner, so everyone is involved. Voting in rounds with frequent announcements to annoy non-participants into submission (lol jks, use the technique but not that particular intent wink ). 1st prize is the contest the winner suggests is run and funded, and possibly gold and/or an item for the winner and runners up. You could use the first contest as a starting point, to gather interest for follow-up contests. And that way you're starting the next contest you know most voters will like and participate in. What do you think? I like it because I came up with it thinking in circles. That's my favourite kind of thinking blaugh  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:52 am
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow

While that may be true, the thing is if it is not properly noticed, then these contests will not be successful. The Main Hall has a lot of random topics and they can easily bury these contests at the bottom of the page. I have a suggestion, why don't we do it this way....

Every month, we'll have a major contest that will be posted at the Main Hall. Any other mini games will be posted at a game section. That includes other members who are willing to sponsor anything for fun! The mini games may or may not offer prizes. The point in doing this is to sort them out and everybody will know that the topics under that forum have games to play on!

contests are either stickied or put at the top as an announcement and i announce it and link it through the guild announcement system...

I am however going to launch more regular contests and I have decided to use a bank mule (I have saved all her details this time as I normally am horrible at managing mules) Its hard to try and fund nice stuff on my own though but I am working on sustainable ways of making money for the guild in the form of my tank.

The idea of a dedicated contest or games forum could be a good one but I honestly don't get why people don't want to explore...  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:31 am
Nights-Rune
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow

contests are either stickied or put at the top as an announcement and i announce it and link it through the guild announcement system...

I am however going to launch more regular contests and I have decided to use a bank mule (I have saved all her details this time as I normally am horrible at managing mules) Its hard to try and fund nice stuff on my own though but I am working on sustainable ways of making money for the guild in the form of my tank.

The idea of a dedicated contest or games forum could be a good one but I honestly don't get why people don't want to explore...

There's nothing wrong with exploring and it's not like we don't want to explore. It's just that we need things to be a little bit organized so that we will know where to find and to look. Just consider a library without its section or markings of the topics of different books. If you are to look for a book, will you be able to find it easily in that kind of library? Of course not and I think that is the reason why there were a few or no participants at all in some of the contests and in other threads. Everything was put in one place along with other topics. It's just hard to find what you want to do. We don't have enough time to look at everything because our lives does not only revolve here in the guild and in gaia. We do have other things to do. To look for a certain topic that are mixed with others will certainly take some time and quite troublesome. Sometimes, rather than looking at it, you will just forget about it and do something else. It is also not enough to have current events in the guild to be noticed only during announcements. Most probably, they will be only remembered for a couple of days. I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude, but that's just how I feel...  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:41 am
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow

There's nothing wrong with exploring and it's not like we don't want to explore. It's just that we need things to be a little bit organized so that we will know where to find and to look. Just consider a library without its section or markings of the topics of different books. If you are to look for a book, will you be able to find it easily in that kind of library? Of course not and I think that is the reason why there were a few or no participants at all in some of the contests and in other threads. Everything was put in one place along with other topics. It's just hard to find what you want to do. We don't have enough time to look at everything because our lives does not only revolve here in the guild and in gaia. We do have other things to do. To look for a certain topic that are mixed with others will certainly take some time and quite troublesome. Sometimes, rather than looking at it, you will just forget about it and do something else. It is also not enough to have current events in the guild to be noticed only during announcements. Most probably, they will be only remembered for a couple of days. I'm sorry, I don't want to be rude, but that's just how I feel...

That is understandable but the contests are always at the very top in the main hall. The threads that do have games are specific Gaia game related threads that I don't want to be flooded with people just there for the games... the games are there as something to enjoy whilst chatting about Gaia's features (since we are a Gaia based guild)

I will think about a contest specific forum though. However until the guild bank mule is up and running (tomorrow i think it clears) it will be hard to manage it since I get very little money left over for myself at the end of the day as it is.

Contests will be coming though (for now please just look at the very top of the main hall) and I will hold them as often as i can. I really am not that rich though by today's Gaian standard sweatdrop

so prizes will be as good as I can do...  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:43 am
Nights-Rune
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow
Nights-Rune
floralsnow

That is understandable but the contests are always at the very top in the main hall. The threads that do have games are specific Gaia game related threads that I don't want to be flooded with people just there for the games... the games are there as something to enjoy whilst chatting about Gaia's features (since we are a Gaia based guild)

I will think about a contest specific forum though. However until the guild bank mule is up and running (tomorrow i think it clears) it will be hard to manage it since I get very little money left over for myself at the end of the day as it is.

Contests will be coming though (for now please just look at the very top of the main hall) and I will hold them as often as i can. I really am not that rich though by today's Gaian standard sweatdrop

so prizes will be as good as I can do...

Ok and don't worry, I don't expect that much on prizes. I just want something fun ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:50 am
floralsnow

Ok and don't worry, I don't expect that much on prizes. I just want something fun ^_^

its ok its just heartbreaking on occasion when people ask for things and then don't participate. (even when i personally quote them with the link...)

i am not saying your suggestions are not valid (they are good) its just hard to organize a whole guild and think of fun things to run sweatdrop

please don't think I am nay saying, I just get a little burned out now and then because I work really hard on making the guild appeal to as many people as possible.

Tek tek contests are very much in the pipeline though (in fact I was going to launch one tomorrow blaugh )

so do stay tuned smile  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

floralsnow

Sweet Shoujo

15,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 7:55 am
Nights-Rune
floralsnow

its ok its just heartbreaking on occasion when people ask for things and then don't participate. (even when i personally quote them with the link...)

i am not saying your suggestions are not valid (they are good) its just hard to organize a whole guild and think of fun things to run sweatdrop

please don't think I am nay saying, I just get a little burned out now and then because I work really hard on making the guild appeal to as many people as possible.

Tek tek contests are very much in the pipeline though (in fact I was going to launch one tomorrow blaugh )

so do stay tuned smile

That's understandable. It's really hard to manage and come up with various ideas for everyone to enjoy their stay with the guild. smile  
The Main Hall

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff