Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:23 pm
User Image

Shangwe was once again searching for his hare friend, who enjoyed to play hide and seek at the worst possible moments. He had just returned from a failed hunting trip and wasn't feeling much like having fun, so he could only find the game more annoying than anything else. With the expression of a baby who had just had his favorite toy taken away, Shangwe stalked through the pride lands, peeking around rocks and sniffing around holes for any trace of his missing friend.

"This isn't fun!" he grumped with a heavy sigh, "I'd really like to go back to my den and have a nice nap! Sungura?! Come out already!" Though he was clearly annoyed, his tone didn't hold a great deal of rage to it. Maybe it was just because he was tired, or he simply didn't have it in him to be angry. Either way, he sounded more flustered than anything else.

He say himself on the ground, huffing. "I'm not getting you any food if you don't come out!"  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:37 pm
User ImageXho had been napping in the first shady spot she had been able to find. It had been a long day of failed hunting, and the poor bumbling lioness just wanted to be left alone. She was hopeless when it came to hunting, but thankfully her new pride didn't hold it against her.

She heard a voice calling for someone to come out, Xho wasn't completely awake enough to hear who they were calling for so assumed it was her. The tone of the voice was annoyed so maybe she was in trouble for being such a bad hunter!

Xho slunk from her hiding spot ears half back embarrassed as she started at the ground. "Sorry..I didn't get any food today. I will try harder, I promise! I just..they are so fast and I keep tripping!" The brown and white lioness looked ready to cry. "Please give me another chance! Don't make me leave, I'm happy here!"

She just knew if she didn't get better they would make her leave, seeing as she wasn't really contributing to the pride in any way besides being another mouth to feed.  

Keantha

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:44 pm
Gasping, Shangwe spun around, looking at the sad lioness who had come from some hiding spot somewhere. He hadn't seen where she had emerged, but he was certainly aware that he had deeply upset her. It seemed she thought he had been yelling at her, and it looked as though he had brought her to the verge of ears with his harsh words. Oh, poop! This was why he didn't like to take on too rough a tone. Was he too harsh? Would Sungura be just as upset, since he was the one the whole thing was really meant for.

A breath from panic, he waved a paw, trying to calm the lioness down before he started crying right along with her. "N-no! Oh, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean you! I'm sure you're doing a great job as a hunter! I'm a hunter too, I know how it is! I was trying to find a friend! I'm so sorry for the confusion!" If he had thought bowing would do any good, he probably would have thrown himself to the dirt in front of her. Instead, he just watched her, his blue eyes alive with concern and guilt.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:00 pm
Large orange eyes peered up at him for a moment before she gulped and spoke again, "You mean I'm not in trouble? I know I haven't been bringing in..well..anything." Xho heaved a sigh looking down at her feet again before giving him a sheepish smile when he said he was a hunter too. She was sure that he had to be a better hunter, maybe he could help her! Well honestly, Xho couldn't get worse.

"I am a really bad hunter. Like...really really bad." Heaving a sigh she held up a paw to let him see despite her long legs and slender build, she had some rather large feet. "I trip a lot. I usually end up landing on my face with the antelope laughing at me." Her ears laid back some annoyance and shame crossing her face. "Do you think, that maybe you could help me learn to be a better hunter? Or at least not to be so clumsy?" She gave him a hopeful sweet smile, ears perking forward.  

Keantha

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:35 pm
Keantha

She looked really upset. how could he say no when she was looking at him like that? Not that he had considered saying no in the first place. He was not the type, really. He smiled at her instead, trying to look comforting. "Well, I've been hunting here a very long time," he commented lightly, pleased that she was asking him about something he actually knew how to help with, "but when I first started, I didn't catch a whole lot of stuff, either. That kind of precision comes with practice, and maybe a few tips. Both of which I would be happy to help with." He smiled brightly. Wordy, maybe, but the thought was there- he wanted to help her feel more confident.

If she was so worried about being kicked out, even if he didn't think they would kick her out for such a thing, he had to help her. There was just no other way about it, now was there? Sighing softly, he motioned for her to follow him, heading towards the border of the pride, so they could find something to hunt and bring back for dinner.

"My name is Shangwe, by the way," he told her lightly, "I hope you don't mind help from some old lion like me."  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:00 pm
Cajanic

Xho's eyes lit up as she beamed at him happily, finally someone would be able to help! "Oh thank you Shangwe! That means so much to me! I really want to be useful after everyone was so kind to give me a home here. " Her smile was rather sweet and affectionate, very infectious as if prompting whoever she smiled at to smile back.

"When can we start? Oh and were you looking for someone? I heard you calling but I thought you were talking to me, I mean obviously now I know you weren't which means you still haven't found who you were first looking for. Can I help you find them?" Xho suddenly laughed, "Sorry, I am Xhosa'anuri by the way, though everyone calls me Xho..or Kitten."  

Keantha

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:11 pm
Keantha

"Xho? That's a great name," he smiled. He liked when they were able to use nicknames. Maybe because his didn't lend well to them. Sure, they could call him Shang, but it didn't really feel like it would make that much of a difference. Ah well, he still liked his name, even if it wasn't as fun to mess around with as some of the other names out there.

She brought up Sungura, and the lion offered something similar to a shrug of his shoulders.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that. I was looking for a hare friend of mine, but he's only playing a game with me. Eventually he'll get bored and go back to the den when he realizes I'm not going to go looking for him. This is much more important, I think." He took her to a nice area for some hunting, where a few herds were scattered about for the picking. "Alright. So, why don't we pick out a group and you can show me where your skills are. then we can go from there."  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:31 pm
Cajanic

Xho giggled wrinkling her nose, "A hare? That's a type of bunny right?" She smiled warmly at his words nodding, "Nothing is more important than friends, but I am glad you are happy to help me. I promised I won't let you down!

Glancing at the herds, Xho took a deep breath nodding in understanding when he told her to show him what she could do. Waiting for his signal, Xho burst into action when he gave the go ahead. She was fast, surprisingly so, her long legs allowing her to reach great speeds. Unfortunately though, her feet couldn't seem to keep up with the rest of her. Within feet of the prey, Xho went rolling tail over head to faceplant in the dirt to land at the antelope's feet. True to what she had said, the local herds all knew about her, never running just staying put to laugh at her.  

Keantha

Cajanic
Crew

Generous Unicorn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:55 pm
Keantha

Shangwe watched, surprised to see the herds were not frightened of her- it looked as though she was no threat to them. Really, surprise wasn't that needed. Obviously she was going to have a tough time. moving over, he watched the herd turn serious and move away when they spotted him- a lion who had killed plenty of their kind in the name of food in the past. He was, as any lion, a hunter that needed to be avoided.

he moved over to Xho, frowning. "Are you alright? I can see what your trouble is." He nudged her up and motioned for her to follow him again, taking them to another herd some distance away. One that wasn't aware of their presence by all of the laughter. "This time, I think you should focus less on speed," he told her lightly, "your body is very quick, but I don't think you have the, um, well, the coordination to keep up at the levels you can reach. Not yet, anyway. If I were you, I would focus more on balance." He looked at his feet, his claws gripping the earth. "If you run with your claws out, it might slow you down a bit, but it will also allow you better traction to make sharp turns and keep up with your target. You should also pay closer attention to your tail." He flailed his about behind him. "It controls your direction, but it can also aid in balance, too. If you adjust it against any feeling you might get in one direction or the other, it will help keep you more stable."  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:12 pm
Xho peered up at him worriedly, but when he didn't laugh at her too she relaxed getting to her feet to pad after him. Listening carefully, she nodded in understanding at his words. If only she could learn control, Xho would be a deadly hunter. Here's hoping what he told her could help.

Beaming at him Xho gave an excited little wiggle,"Thank you so much Shangwe, I will do better! I promise. I am gonna go practice trying to run without falling over. When I make my first kill I will come find you ok!" Not waiting for a reply, Xho pranced off delighted at the idea of becoming at least semi-competent.

(Fin, words 1795)  

Keantha

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces