Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:23 pm
User Image

The cooler night had bled into the day, causing a sort of rejuvenation among the prey beasts. Quick hooves scattered with gleeful leaps away from the pensive lion as he trans versed the wide, open land. Last night Talis had remembered laying awake for hours, musing over his travels while looking into the eye of the Moon. It had been visible for miles, and was like a Goddess in the night sky.

Not that it generally mattered to him. The sky was ever changing, much like life, and as he ventured closer to the river he became ever more aware of the scent of other lions. His shrewd eyes narrowed as he took in his surroundings. Was there a pride nearby? He sniffed around what few markers there were with an aggravated groan. "Great, just GREAT!" Talis swiped his paw against the top of the water. The first decent place he'd found in months to settle down in, and it was already settled, by a damn pride no less!

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:59 pm
User Image
Coeur had taken the night off of guard duty, which was a rare occurrence and once again she was faced with the reality of just how boring her den was. All day she had been catching up on some much needed sleep and when night finally came she awoke utterly alone. Everyone else in the pride was busy with their duties and it seemed wrong to bother them. "Maybe I could try the river. . ." Coeur whispered to herself as she made her way towards her new destination. She had to admit, she was thirsty after sleeping the whole day away.

When the lioness arrived at the river she knew right away that there was someone who wasn't apart of the pride there. Of course, since Coeur was a guard she was inclined to check it out without going back and informing others. Or maybe it was just her. Either way it didn't matter, this lioness wasn't afraid of much. When Coeur got closer to the river she could see just on the other side a male with a blue mane, olive legs and a tan body. "Hello." Coeur said with a smile to the foreigner. "What brings you to our lands?" She asked with a friendly tone. Coeur welcomed the chance to talk to outsiders, especially tonight but should this male prove to be harmful to the pride, well it would have to end. With either claws drawn or not. Hopefully not.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:33 pm
Talis turned tempest grey eyes towards the approaching lioness. The little wisps of color on her otherwise azure pelt were appealing, but not enough to call him closer. As rogue, he had reason enough to be wary of pridal lions, and with his own set of worries...well, his hackles were raised.

"I'm here to steal your cubs, enslave your women and kill off every male under the sun." He stated bluntly, turning his droll stare her way. Not once did he even assume she wouldn't understand his sarcasm. "That is, after I find out whose lands these are, exactly. Which pride do you belong to?"

He stayed his ground, firmly secured away from the lioness that he would be able to flee if necessary. It wasn't something he would have done, he'd box her ears if he had to, but that would only cause a scene, which would bring more lions....Eventually his head would be on a stick.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:20 pm
Despite what many might believe, Coeur had actually been born a duchess in another pride so she was well acquainted with the term 'watching your words.' Coeur understood right away that this male might not be here to do what he said but considering her home had been in a war when she left, well she wasn't to big on taking chances. However, Coeur really didn't want to have to be the big ol' mean guard if she didn't have to be. "Now why would I tell you that when you just talked about tearing apart my home?" She asked him honestly. "Hardly seems like the kind of thing you say on a first meeting too." Coeur shrugged a bit at that. "I'd really rather not have to be the mean lioness here. I prefer a peaceful way of settling things but if you intend to come here for a fight I'll give you one." Coeur growled lowly in her throat but made no other hostile moves. In fact, her facial expression still showed that of friendliness.

"So would you like to tell me why you're really here or are you really stupid enough to come to a pride alone and pick a fight?" Her eyebrow raised up slightly towards the end of her question. "I'm off duty and like I said, I'd really rather not have to fight you if I don't have to." Coeur sighed, hoping that this male would pick his next words and actions a bit more carefully.

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:14 pm
"Not a fan of sarcasm, are you?" He clucked, taking a step to the side, away from the lioness. His family had raised him to show the utmost respect for females, of every species, and he'd all, but pissed on their lessons. "Forgive me; Conversing isn't exactly my forte." Talis' snapped, coming off far more aggressive than he should have. The longer he talked with her, the more wary he became. At any one moment he could be jumped, beaten, killed, or worse. Married.

"How about this? You keep those growls to yourself on that side, and I'll stay over here." He made a wide, sweeping gesture with his paw, showing the rogue lands that he had come from. "And first, you tell me where it is I am, exactly. When you've answered mine, I'll answer yours."

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:39 pm
Coeur wasn't particularly used to sarcasm so in response she could only nod. "You're forgiven." She beamed with a friendly grin, clearly showing that he was forgiven for anything he had done up until now. "Sounds like a good plan to me." When he finished talking Coeur gave a contemplating look. She was pretty sure that she could handle herself in a fight with him or at least give a good shout to the guards that were on duty to find him if she failed but she wasn't entirely sure he was the dangerous sort to begin with. "Don't make me regret this later." Coeur laughed a little. "This is the pride Mwezi'Johari. We're a peaceful pride and we worship the Great Lion. I used to belong to another pride but found myself here some time ago." The lioness paused. "I'm Coeur. What is your name? And don't forget, I answered your questions."

Painted Moose

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:30 pm
Well, that was a little too easy. He didn't buy into that smile for a second, but damn it all if she didn't look good doing it.

"Later? Honestly, I'm surprised you're not regretting it now. Most usually do." He stated with a snorting grin. That was how he wanted life to stay; others were pissed off at him, no communication, and he didn't have to bother with life. Done, and done.

"Hmm...Mwezi'Johari...Can't say that I've heard of it, but it sounds...interesting?" Was that a compliment? He sure as hell hoped it was. "Is this Great Lion of yours a God?" That would make the most sense, he thought. Most prides usually worshiped some God or another. Realizing too late that he had asked another question without answering, he took a deep breath and did his best to smile; which came out as sort of a grimace. "Well, Coeur, my names Talis."

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:40 pm
Despite his attitude, Coeur found Talis to be sort of amusing. Maybe it was because of his attitude that he was. She certainly hadn't met anyone like him before so it was a little bit of a breath of fresh air. "Nice to meet you Talis. See, that wasn't so hard." She smiled and laughed, flicking her tail before sitting down. Clearly she thought he posed no threat now. "I'm sure if you wanted to harm me you would have done it by now. Unless that wasn't your motive." The lioness paused, briefly considering that he might want something very different from her than that like some rogue males were rumored to, but she shook it out of her brain. "How about I answer a question of yours and you answer a question of mine?" Coeur suggested, thinking it was a good way for them to both find out what they needed or wanted to know from the other.

"Yes he is. Not everyone in the pride necessarily believes in him or has to, but most do." She told him honestly. "What brought you to our lands border?" Coeur's pink eyes focused on him as she waited for answer. Okay, so maybe she wasn't one-hundred percent sure he wasn't going to try and attack her, but she was giving him the benefit of the doubt anyways.

Painted Moose

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:23 pm
"It was as easy as being clawed in the eye," he replied with a sarcastic smile. This whole situation was extremely unnerving to him. Why was she so pleasant? She shouldn't have been pleasant company, and that in itself put him on a higher edge. She had a bite to her that he liked, which was wrong, oh so wrong. ....Why was she sitting down? "You never know with me; one minute I'm a blessing and the next a curse." Talis shrugged his shoulders, tempted to sit down to calm himself, but too wary to be so prone.

"I was looking to settle down, and then I found out the land was already taken." His answer was as abrupt as he was. "Don't even try to offer to let me stay if I'm good boy, because I'm not buying it."

~Kiana_Nala~

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff