Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What?
  Yes
View Results

Ythan II
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:37 pm
Any LSGers read/reading/watching this? I get obsessed again every Sunday night. Still going strong from last episode and I wonder if anyone in here is too?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:47 pm
Watch, want to read when I get some extra money to buy books. But I don't have cable or fast enough internet, so I haven't seen any of this season yet. I will now gracefully bow out of this thread before there are spoilers.

(also oh hey it's you hi)

Akky the Terrible

Ythan II
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:53 pm
Hi Akela. I should probably throw a tag in the title.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:53 pm
Ugh I'm not going to do that though.  

Ythan II
Captain

Nagaikami

Devoted Seeker

10,250 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:57 pm
Whoa... you're alive.

Yeah, I've read all 5 books, and download each week's episode religiously. I don't know what I'll do when the next book comes out, because I want to re-read the series, but probably won't have that kind of free time. And there are so many other books I want to read.

Have you read the books? How do you feel about this season taking a few more liberties with the plot line?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 pm
I've read all five. It's being trimmed, folks getting left out or absorbed into each other. But I think it works. Once Theon got put back where he belonged nothing seems terribly out of place atm.  

Ythan II
Captain

Ythan II
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 pm
Except Yara Greyjoy.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:14 pm
I'm obsessed with the show and am planning on reading the books soon! I don't know if I want to though because I like the suspense of not knowing at all what's happening in the tv series and each week it's s0 exciting.  

Streetlight Fights

Sailor Stephy

Obsessive Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:32 pm
Watching it!

I flippin love the show! If I had more free time I'd read the books as well.  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:35 am
I read the books ages ago and I'm watching the show now. I love that there are things they change whilst still being pretty loyal to the books, it keeps it interesting for book-readers and plus, they put in so many small references that I don't think TV-viewers would get because they're so subtle.

[highlight here for spoilers for season 3]
I love watching the show with people who haven't read the books, I'm just sitting there trying not to give anything away with my reactions (like when Theon was captured and then 'rescued', my friends were all like "Yay that guy who rescued him is badass!" and I'm sitting there like "Yeah...sure..."). Or that week when Sansa was betrothed to Loras and my friends were like "Oh finally that girl gets a break!".

But my god that Daenarys scene was so completely badass and everything I wanted it to be, I was worried Emilia Clarke wouldn't pull it off but she was so good.
[/spoilers]  

Vitamin Crack

Ythan II
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:41 am
I was literally like "I hope people don't like Ramsay because he's being played by Iwan Rheon" and oops.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 am
Ythan II
I was literally like "I hope people don't like Ramsay because he's being played by Iwan Rheon" and oops.

I'm finally caught up, and I am trying so hard to just pay attention to him for him and not because he's played by my husband Iwan Rheon (and the same with the actors I recognize from Skins). It's just hard not to come in with pre-formed opinions.

Akky the Terrible

Ythan II
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:57 am
It might also be that I've disliked Theon more in the show.

Speaking of which Sam scene at the beginning of the last episode was the worst Sam scene ever.  
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:19 am
I watch it. I have read the first book. Yeah, well, listened to it. I am lazy like that.

I feel like it builds up to something. And it keeps building. For over 2 seasons now... And in the meantime NOTHING HAPPENS.

And still..... I love it...  

Sannie P

7,800 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Citizen 200

LOL shutterBUG

Dapper Ladykiller

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:19 am
My girlfriend and I watched all of seasons 1 and 2 and what's done of 3 in about 2 weeks. Easy to say we're pretty addicted.

I'm in the middle of the first book. I don't have a lot of time to read, but I'm determined to read them all by December. Loving them and how the books and show relate to each other.

The Literate Spam Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff