Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Nintendo 3DS Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where all the Nintendo 3DS owners can come together. 

Tags: Nintendo 3DS, Friend Codes, N3DS, Nintendo, Mario 

Reply Game Hints and Easter Eggs, (Discussion and Game help)
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Digital or Physical Copy?
  Digital
  Physical
View Results

IntrinsicallyAwesome

Timid Sweetheart

14,450 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:19 pm
Maxmel
Imaginary Fox
Maxmel
This game is so much fun so far, It's good to see some of the tricks in City Folk still work in this game.

Like what? I only played Wild World before this.

Tricks

One of them is that you can adjust the date and time, the second is that if you hit rocks with a shovel you can get bells, but I have yet to see any gold or silver items yet.

The silver tools are there, I'm assuming gold are as well, although I haven't seen them yet. If you do go about adjusting the time be careful, you might lose villagers if you jump too far.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:21 pm
So I got the game and spent a few hours playing.

I found a sapphire in a rock, what is my best way to optimize it? Do I sell it, keep it or bury it? Or something else I haven't thought of?  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:18 pm
There ARE Gold Items in the game! but at least the Gold Axe is easier to get, not like it was in City Folk, the many axes I lost just to get a silver one...geez  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:24 pm
Maxmel
There ARE Gold Items in the game! but at least the Gold Axe is easier to get, not like it was in City Folk, the many axes I lost just to get a silver one...geez

I remember how to get them in the original game but I missed the last two games. How do you get them?  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:38 pm
To Get the Gold Items

Golden Watering Can

Maintain an excellent town for 15 consecutive days! Isabelle Rewards you with this prize.

Golden Shovel

Purchase 50 bags of fertilizer from Leif at the gardening store (you must unlock store first) and he will reward you with a Golden Shovel

Golden Rod

Complete your fish collection by catching one of every fish type then show your encyclopedia to Chip during the fishing tourney event, Chip will reward this to you

Golden Net,

Finish your insect collection by catching one of every bug, and speak to Nat during the bug off, show him your encyclopedia, nuff said

Golden Axe (NO NOT THE SEGA GAME)

Purchase 50 Saplings from Leif in the Gardening Store, well you know the rest

Golden Slingshot,

Pop plenty of balloons using either Normal or Silver Slingshot for a chance for 3 golden balloons to appear carrying said prize, hit them and the slingshot is yours.

and since I gave you these tips this thread will be moved into the Game Hints and Easter Eggs section,  
Game Hints and Easter Eggs, (Discussion and Game help)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games