Dizzy_Kat
Crew

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:16 pm
There was a letter tucked against her breast, hidden beneath the dark green linen of her shirt with the thicker vest disguising it's shape. It's contents weighed heavy on her mind, though the carefully neutral expression on her face betrayed nothing as of yet. Her grey eyes darted here and there, flickering at any sign of movement as she took in and cataloged mentally every detail of her new 'home'. Sitting on a wooden box at her feet, a small green flit followed her bonded's example, chirping quietly as she looked about with curious blue eyes.

"The Hall sends it's sympathies for Calderra's recent losses. They also would like to congratulate you on the health of Tiamath's hatchlings." She returned her gaze to the scarred old man before her, her lip's twitching and her brows softening. "We know how hard it's been with the trade embargo's from Thryde." Cai shifted the strap of her rucksack, hefting the weight higher on her other shoulder as she bent and picked up the handle of a large wooden case, the corners capped in thin metal and the wood polished and obviously well cared for. It had stayed by her side the entire trip from the Hall to the Weyr, and through her rushed introductions to the Weyrleaders and subsequent handing off to a rider named Fergus to show her to her new hall.

((I hope you don't mind I assumed a bit here, if you want me to change anything just say so and I'll edit it right quick))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:39 pm
When you're an old man, everyone seems like a child to you, even if they're a perfectly capable journeyman. Fergus raised his eyebrow at the woman standing before him, smoothly offering the Hold's sympathies. He knew that she wouldn't have come to Calderra if she wasn't supportive of the dragonmen, most of the holders avoided the Weyr like the plague. He also knew that they were desperately in need of healers, herbalists and untainted supplies. But that didn't change the fact that he was inherently suspicious of all the holders who hadn't been living at Calderra for at least a turn. Nevertheless, the old man had duties and those duties weren't always entertaining or pleasant.

"Er, we thank you for yer sympathies. I hope you find Calderra Weyr to your liking." He said reluctantly. "I'm to show you around a bit, and I'll take you to the healer's quarters where you can settle in."

That was very nice, dear Damarath told her rider from her comfortable sunny perch out by the lake. She didn't have to help, she just got to bake in the sun and laugh at his expense. The old man's brow furrowed in a scowl.

"C'mon then." He said, noting that she seemed content to carry her own luggage. That was something, at least. "This is the dining hall." He said, leading the woman inside. "You wont always take meals here. The healers often get food sent to the sick ward when they're too busy to leave. The kitchens" he gestured vaguely "are over there. If you need anything."  

Faewynd
Captain

Devoted Cub

Dizzy_Kat
Crew

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 pm
Her opinion of dragonmen would be kept to herself for now. As a native from Thryde, and the illegitimate daughter of a rider herself, she had ingrained prejudices that wouldn't easily be erased. Cai wouldn't say anything unprovoked though and even if he wasn't the most enthusiastic guide, Fergus was, so far, being polite. She could do the same for the time being.

More than just riders, Cai often displayed a cynical attitude towards people in general. Often believing the worst of them on her first impression. Odd maybe in a healer, but that's how she was. She was no field medic, or general practitioner, and her bedside manners left much to be desired. Yet she had her place in the order of things. Her duties as a healer, her interest in medicines and herbology, and to an extent her little flit, were her joys that she'd protect fiercely.

She wouldn't admit it, especially with the animosity she held towards her rider father, but Cai also had a suppressed curiosity in dragons that grew after she impressed to the little green firelizard that had migrated to her empty shoulder.

The dinning hall was low on her level of interests. She generally took her meals where ever she was working. It was good to know that that was at least an option here as well. She nodded appropriately. "I assume there's a schedule for meals?" His mention of the kitchens suggested that they weren't on rations, at least not if she would be able to go in at all hours and get what she needed.  
(IC) Calderra Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games