Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:30 pm
Kwende
Samawati

A young lion was walking with light, bouncy steps almost as if dancing around an older male who looked as if he’d seen his fair share of fighting. Unlike the golden lion, the younger feline’s coat was devoid of any wound or scar and it was clear his battle experience didn’t go past some practice fights and hunting, something that his light-hearted demeanor also seemed to confirm.

“Aw come on, Sama! I’d make a great cubsitter! Just let me play with them for a bit. Mheetu seems to think I’d be a bad influence on his cubs. Not you, too.” Kwende faked indignace, his bright purple eyes shining mischievously. There was a reason why most sane parents would rather keep him as far away from their cubs as possible. “And you know what? You still owe a duel! You said you’d teach me some moves. Don’t say you don’t have time again!”

------

While the golden lion appeared to be grumpy, Kwende kept on prattling incessantly because he knew Samawati wasn’t half as surly as he looked. Actually, one need only watch him around his adoptive cubs to better grasp the many layers of the golden lion’s personality and as someone who been raised under the watchful eye of many lions, Samawati included, Kwende knew the male better than most.

It took him a very long time to speak – mostly because he was enjoying watching the younger lion squirm – but eventually he did grace Kwende with a reply.

“I am busy, Kwende. You hunters always seem to have too much free time.” He said slowly, his eyes narrowing slightly as he smirked. “And how many times did I have to chase after you when you ran away to the border? Your older brother is smart. I don’t think I want you giving my kids any bad ideas.” In reality, he didn’t really think Kwende would do anything of the sort but knew the younger lion could handle a little bit of teasing. Though the thought that one of his cubs might try to reach the border was enough to cause a line of hairs on his back to stand on end. The war with the hyenas was still very fresh in the Scout’s mind.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:20 pm
User Image

A massive, orange huntress led her newest companion with an almost glowing smile. Much like with the male's she had spotted just moments before, scars tended to favor the experienced over the young. Her fur was covered in lingering scars, though they had faded a considerable amount, where as after a nice bath the younger female's shown as bright as the sun.

"You'll like them, I know you will. " She assured the adolescent with a charming grin. Her crimson eyes were filled with so much light it they almost looked aflame.

User Image

Fatimah wasn't so sure she would. Calypso had convinced her to leave the den for the first time in days, and she suspected that her friend had been just as eager to seek out Akairo as she had been to stretch her legs. Though she hadn't bugged the life out of her like her sister had with her crushes, the lioness' subtle talks had spoken highly of her affection. She had it bad, and Fatimah needed a distraction.

Talking to Caly's friends, though, was NOT a welcome distraction. It was going to be hell. Pure hell. "Uh huh, yeah, sure." Gods alive, that one male looked like he could bounce to the moon!

"That's what you said about Ruva," Fatimah pointed out dryly.

Calypso chuckled nervouly, some of the color draining from her face. "She has her good, and her bad days, but she really is a sweet heart once you get to know her."

As they closed in on the two, she began to pick up bits of the conversation, enough to put a few thoughts in her head. She knew a cubsitter, one in particular who could do a hell of a good job, but then, her offspring were Samawati's own niece and nephew.

"Good day, Kwende, Samawati." Caly stepped to the side to give them a good view of the adolescent at her back. "I'd like to introduce you to Fatimah. She's come to stay." The size comparison between the two females was almost comical. Caly dwarfed the girl as a mother to her daughter, but Fatimah's muscle mass was almost as large as Caly's.

Mogami

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:52 am
Samawati watched as the distance between them and the pair of lionesses quickly closed, pointedly ignoring whatever Kwende was saying. He’d never been completely comfortable with the average size of the Pridelands lionesses and Calypso seemed even larger than the norm especially when next to the young green-eyed lioness that accompanied her. As far as Samawati was concerned, it was even stranger to see Calypso next to Akairo whose rogue blood had made him slightly smaller than his current… girlfriend?

"Calypso. Welcome Fatimah. I’m sure you’ll adjust quickly. I’m Samawati, a Scout." He nodded in the younger lioness’ direction. He wasn’t a friendly guy especially to those outside his close nit group of friends and family (an ever growing group considering the fertility of Rei’s family) but it was fair to say that his mate and adoptive cubs had managed to soften him up considerably. A shame his expression remained somewhat uninviting even as his eyes returned to the familiar shape of the orange lioness. “How’s ‘Iro? I see less and less of him these days.” Obviously, he seemed to think Calypso was to blame.

---------------------------

“Come on, Sama. That is so unfair! As if I'd give them any funny ideas." On second thought… yeah, he probably would. His stories might not be entirely suitable to the younger cubs of his golden friend. He wouldn’t admit it anytime soon though, not when the almost paranoid Samawati was within earshot. “Oh wow, who’s that with Calypso? She’s gorgeous.” A bit young though…

“Hey Calypso! Where’s Akairo?” Kwende greeting and easy smile deeply contrasted with Samawati introduction and his knowing and playful gaze quickly left the orange lioness to meet the green gaze of the younger lioness. “Very nice to meet you, I’m Kwende. Did you just recently join? I’m sure you’ll love it, here. It’s the perfect place to live.”

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:06 pm
Mogami
Fatimah, why u so saucy?! ;o;

As Calypso neared the two males, her gaze began to lower, and her stance wasn't quick as stiff as it normally was. Her military training had kept her posture stiff as a tree, but without it she found it easier to speak with others, mostly because it intimidated less lions. "'Iro? He's doing well, I think. I haven't seen much lately, honestly." Calypso gave a little sigh. To her even the smallest time felt like ages, and a small walk may as well have been a desert. "How are your cubs? Issa tells me about them from time to time."

Out of everyone in the Pridelands, Issa had been the first to make a solid friend in the Veteran. His unfailing optimism and carefree attitude had given her something to watch out for in the field, which had almost gotten him killed, more than once, on the hunt. A shame that his Uncle came off so...gruff.

She stepped to the side to watch Fatimah deal with the whirlwind that was Kwende, a deep chuckle matching her steps. "Scouting, most likely." Or was he back? Maybe she could visit him later...

"A Scout, huh? What's a Sco-" In an instant her fur was on end and she was taking a full step away from the violet eyed lion. She looked to Calypso for help, but the lioness was conveniently looking at a passing cloud. "Gorgeous? Are you blind?" Fatimah retorted sharply, her lip half curled and eyebrows furrowed. She was about as far from beautiful as a swamp toad.

"If you take about two steps back, and stay there it'll be a great place to live." Fatimah gave him an obvious once over. Pride Lands lions were huge, definitely larger than what she was used to, so why did Samawati look different? "My name's Fatimah, and yes, I recently joined." At Calypso's encouraging node, she took a deep breath and added, "And it's very nice to meet you too," in a false, chipper tone.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:32 am
Painted Moose

Samawati snorted approvingly when Fatimah seemed to reject Kwende’s energetic and annoyingly easy-going approach before he spoke to Calypso.
“Mmm… that makes two of us, then.” He completely ignored the youngest of the lionesses from that point forward, keeping his gaze on his surroundings and Calypso instead. At the mention of his cubs, however, the grumpy Scout visibly relaxed and his expression softened. “They’ve adjusted well and are growing strongly.” He said with a hint of a smile, his chest puffing out slightly. “The boys will be tough. Some have already asked me to train them.”

-----------------------

“Ouch, feisty.” Kwende said quietly though he didn’t look the least bit upset judging by the wideness of his grin. “You obviously don’t know how pretty you are, Blondy. But some say that’s a good thing…” Blondy… catchy. He decided to change the subject quickly before she insisted on her lack of beauty – which was ridiculous, as far as he could see.

“It’s a rank.” Kwende answered the question the golden lion hadn’t bothered to acknowledge, giving the other male a look filled with dramatic resignation. “A Scout keeps the borders safe from intruders. And greets the new members.”

Kwende’s eyes glowed with quiet mischief when his eyes returned to Calypso, his tone suspiciously innocent.

“I think Uncle Iro has been hiding with Mheetu and his cubs. I’ve seen him there a few times. Maybe he’s getting ready for something.” He paused for a brief moment, looking at Calypso’s belly with feigned discretion. “Is there something… you guys haven’t told us…?”

---------------------

“Iro has always loved cubs. You know he practically raised your older brothers when he was only a snot-nosed kid himself…” The golden lion spoke slowly but his frown deepened and he too started to look down at Calypso’s abdomen despite his better judgment. How close were they, he wondered silently. Akairo wasn’t the type to kiss and tell and Samawati himself wasn’t the most perceptive of lions so asking him would be a mistake.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:40 pm
Mogami

Calypso noticed the change in Samawati, and visibly relaxed. What proud father wouldn't enjoy talking about his cubs, even if they weren't his by blood? "Really? This soon?" Her tone matched her thoughts; Calypso was impressed. Most cubs couldn't find they're way away from mom long enough to think about training. "I'd like to see it, when it happens. Maybe I can pick up on some moves."

Blondy? Blondy?! Now Fatimah was in a perpetual state of annoyed. This guy...."You're the type to find hyenas attractive, aren't you?" She murmured, scoffing and turning away on a huff. The only real beauties from her family had been her sisters, who just so happen to take after their mother. Lucky pricks.

"A protector, of sorts? Someone who can fight, right? We've got something like that back home, but we call it a Guardian." She wondered if any of her siblings had taken up the rank. Now what was he looking at? Fatimah followed his gaze to Calypso, though much more suspicious of the male than anything else.

"Getting ready for-" Calypso's heart stopped. Her jaw would have hit the dirt if it hadn't been attached, but that didn't mean that her eyes couldn't bulge. "What?! No! No, It's no-nothing like that...our relationship is nothing like that..." Was Samawati looking at her too?

"Are you sure?" Fatimah raised an eyebrow and stepped closer, a look of feigned concern on her face. "You've been mumbling to yourself a lot lately, and any time I mention Akairo you look like you're going to be sick....Are you afraid to tell him?"

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:49 am
Painted Moose

The golden lion growled quietly under his breath on instinct when he heard the word “hyenas”. It was one of the few things that really got under his skin. And then he was caught looking at places had no business looking at.

Awkward.

Samawati looked away as slowly as he could but his discomfort was plainly visible. He gave the younger pair of lions a reproachful look. They were both too old to be fooling around like this, Kwende especially. He couldn’t believe he’d been taken in the young Hunter’s pace.

“Enough, you two.” He said, sounding annoyed and still avoiding Calypso’s gaze.

------------------------------

Kwende chuckled but he threw the older lion a sideway glance, knowing the extent of Samawati’s hate for the neighboring pack. He supposed he’d hate them too if he’d lost one of his brothers to the hyenas but thankfully his family was alive and well. One of his older brothers had left the pride and he hoped he was safe but the rest of his family lived within the safety of the Pridelands.

“Oh, dear… you really shouldn’t be concerned. I’m sure Akairo will understand even if it’s unexpected. You poor thing.” He continued after Fatimah, giving Calypso a look full of pity. “He’s not the type to run away from responsibility, you know? Calypso, you should really give him more credit.” Just to be on the safe side, Kwende took a few steps away from Samawati, who looked just about ready to give him a good smack.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:43 am
Mogami

Calypso could have died. So rarely did she even think about having cubs that the thought alone, one that Iro's friends had brought up, at that!, caused a panic in her. She looked to Fatimah, the one lion in the group that she could make her displeasure known to without fear of reproach, and was given only an eyebrow waggle in return.

At length, Calypso cleared her throat to speak, "Be that as it may, I can assure you that I am not pregnant. And I'm sure that...well, that if he was looking to be a father we would dicuss it before hand." As fresh as she found surprises, a surprise of this magnitude would be more frightening than exciting.

Fatimah, however, took careful steps to avoid Samawati's looks and warnings, choosing instead to press on. She looked to Kwende, giving him a sidelong 'oh, this poor creature' look before stepping closer to the taller lioness. "You said you wanted to tell him something important anyway, right? So, I think you should say something now instead of- OW!"

She yowled in surprise pain when Calypso cuffed her in the back of the head, looking more annoyed and agitated than she had ever seen her. "What? I was just saying-"

"Saying what, exactly? You've been running your mouth all day," The orange huntress huffed.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm
Painted Moose
I feel I must deeply apologize for Kwende at this point. x'D

Samawati just wished Akairo would suddenly appear and put an end to this awkward nonsense but no such luck. In the back of his mind, he feared that not even that could quiet down Kwende. He was quite pleased to see Calypso put the younger lioness in place – he’d never physically reprimand a female much less one younger than himself – and he felt it was his job to calm his friend’s son down as well.

“I swear, I’m going to tell Rei how amazing a prat you’ve grown into.”

---------------------

“Ouch, harsh. A lot of frustration there. I guess you really aren’t pregnant.” Kwende told Calypso when she cuffed the other female looking full of mischief just before looking at Samawati with his most indignant expression. “And come on. You did not just threaten to tell my father on me. I don’t know how you two grumpybutts didn’t end up together- ouch!” his nose took a dive under the weight of one of Samawati’s massive paws.

“I’m going to be bigger than you one day. Remember that.” He said with grin as he nimbly moved out of Samawati’s reach. WHile it was true that Kwende still had some filling up to do, he would be quite disappoited to find that he would never reach his father's impressive size.

---------------------

“Sarabi and I are happily mated and we have cubs now. Stop saying stupid things.” Samawati said with palpable annoyance as he pushed the other male’s head down heavily. “And Rei should take responsibility for his kids.” There was a smirk of victory in his expression as he realized his threat was actually working on the young lion. Good, because Kwende was actually making him a little uncomfortable now. He did not need to think about what Calypso and Akairo were doing in the privacy of a den.

“Enough with this. Calypso, it was good to see you. And…” he turned to Fatimah and hesitated, obviously having forgotten her name already as he often did with those who were not part of his inner circle. “Nice to meet you.” He didn’t really seem to mean it though.

---------------------

Kwende looked a little alarmed for a moment. Samawati did spend an awful amount of time with his father even now that he had cubs and he could definitely see the Scout saying a thing or two that might make him look bad.

“Alright, alright, jeez.” He took a deep breath before settling down and then looked terribly disappointed. “Aw, we’re leaving already? Oh well, nice to you two. Welcome to the pride, Fatimah. Calypso, tell Iro to come and visit more often. I’d go him but I don’t want to… intrude.”

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:19 am
Mogami
Bwaha! xD He's perfect. Any time you feel like rping him again, let me know!

Fatimah rubbed her head with a rumbling grumble, shifting her eyes betweeen the three. The elders here were just the same as they were back home, and while it should have brought her comfort, it only frustrated the young girl. "I'd say she really wa-" Fatimah zipped her lips after one last look from Calypso.

"Maybe you should worry less about matching others up, and work on finding a mate of your own, Kwende." She smiled, more devlish than innocent with a passing look of sympathy towards Samawati. This male may have had more mane than the cub she had met upon admission to the Pridelands, but it was still the same Kwende.

"Thanks...I guess." Jerk. Samawati had forgotten her name and she knew it! "See you around." Hopefully not Kwende. She could live a thousand lifetimes and still have had her fill of the male.

It was she that started to walk off first, padding past the males before starting back the way she'd come. There was going to be a good, long talk when they got home, she knew it, and she wanted to get it over with as soon as possible.

Taking her ques, Calypso bowed her head to both males, "Samawati, Kwende. It was nice to see you again, and I'll be sure to tell Iro to spend some more time with his friends...when I'm done with him." She grinned with a chuckle and a flush. Even as she spoke it, it was obvious that she didn't tease often, at least, not in THAT way.

Leaving it with that, she padded off after the smaller female, walking tall and pleased as punch.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:00 am
Painted Moose
Fin! Sorry it took me so long, life was crazy for a while. <3

Kwende almost gave Calypso a cheeky reply to ask if her concern regarding him finding a mate might be a sign she was having second thoughts regarding her relationship with Akairo. It would’ve been a glorious snarky response and he would’ve worded it beautifully – at least he thought so – but even Kwende could tell when a conversation was over. And Samawati was giving him The Look which unlike his usually irritable expression, took grumpiness to a whole new level.

“Ladies.” He bowed his head and turned to leave but not before giving Calypso a very wide and approving grin.

-----------------------------------

Samawati looked relieved to be done with the whole situation and waited only a few seconds for the younger lion to follow. He froze comically when Calypso’s last words finally sunk in and when he resumed his dignified but somewhat stiff pace, it was clear that this was a lion that would not be barging into Akairo’s den anytime soon.

- FIN -

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff