Submit

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:31 pm
User ImageThe sun was still low in the sky, yet it was still enough to warm the morning. It was on the outskirts of the Loka Nei forest that a young mother to be was pacing.

She was grumbling about her stomach waking her up in the middle of the night. Abby hadn't been able to get to sleep since. Instead, she had come to the edge of the forest, looking for something to start gathering. Aiolos would be hungry when he woke, and she wanted to make sure there was something for her to eat as well. Food was good to her right now. It was one of the few things that had managed to bring her comfort.

With a small sigh, Abby spotted a bush filled with berries. At least this trip was productive. She smiled, thinking back to the events that brought her here. She'd gotten to meet her father the same night she'd been abducted to some crazy garden. If it weren't for the garden and the events that transpired inside of it, she wouldn't have Aiolos mostly to herself, or the children.

But mostly, she'd gotten to meet the one man she'd never thought she'd see. Her mother had spoken so lowly of him, and from what she'd seen... He didn't even seem to care. The thought made Abby frown. She didn't like that much, but if he didn't know that Abby existed, how could he care right? But then, there were a lot of pae that never knew their parents, she couldn't be caught up on not knowing her father. The demi-goddess was lucky to know even just her mother!

She shook herself, and quietly returned to plucking berries off the bush.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:08 pm
surprised riginal" class="user_img" alt="User Image" style='float:right' />Thoughts always seemed to be on the God's minds these days. Of course after the last couple of weeks he's had, how could they not? He was starting to feel that what had happened this time was possibly worse than not remembering. At least then he could have some excuse to try to forget. That wasn't to mention that earlier he had met someone he never even knew existed.....

He had a daughter.

And what a wonderful first impression he had made too! Even if he had wanted to, he was only thinking of himself, trying to get out of that dance contest and his... extremely weird happy rainbow partner...extremely. A sigh escaped his lips as he walked, running his hand through his curly black hair. He then flexed his wings as if stretching out his shoulders and arched his back, ready to have taken off to go be elsewhere with his thoughts when a figure caught his attention off in the distance.

Even from afar, he couldn't mistake them again, not when they had been one of the many things on his mind. Her long black curly hair and that blue... He took a step forward, hand raised as if he was going to shout out but a second guessing stopped him. What if she hated him? He would certainly hate himself.. I mean he didn't even know she existed for pae's sake let alone actually remembering the date or the act of.....well..... how do you forgive someone for that? He let out another sigh and watched her a moment. She seemed different.... as if something was bothering her. But he wasn't sure if he had gathered enough courage to even offer her a hello right now.

Better late than never though......right? He hoped so as some strange newfound courage pushed him slowly forward. He stopped only when he was certain he was in ear shot, one hand rubbing his other arm nervously. "A..Abby?"

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:16 pm
Abby was humming to herself for a moment while she foraged, flicking her tail back and forth. She hadn't even noticed the approaching pae'il behind her until he'd called her name.

Her head jerked up, almost causing her to drop her small loot. "Oh guardian's what now?" She grumbled, looking around to see who'd called her. Her blue eyes scanned the area, finally making her turn around to see her father standing nearby looking nervous as could be. This time, she did drop the berries. What on the good isle was he doing here?

"Pothos?" She called back, shocked he'd even bothered to remember her name. Maybe he cared more than she thought he did. It wasn't really his fault was it? Mentally, she frowned, looking up at her father. "What are you doing here?" Abby tilted her head, still looking at him. With her berries lost to the grounds, her hands were free to rest on her back, offering it some support from the swelling in her stomach.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:37 pm
He eyed her and opened his mouth to say something but paused. He had no real answer as to why he was there and he couldn't just lie to her either. That certainly wouldn't help matters any. "Ah... I... was trying to clear my head." he admitted, running his hands through his hair again and trying to look anywhere but at her.

He failed. His eyes trailed their way back to her, to her face, her expression. How her hands moved to support her back and how her stomach seemed to have swollen the last time he saw her. Was she... "Are... are you.?" he trailed off, not able to get the question out. He had missed being a dad completely, now was he a grandfather? And on an even greater note, would she even want him to be? He hadn't been in her life, why should he get that privilege.

"I'm sorry.." he blurted out with no real reason. He wanted to say it was for stumbling upon her unannounced, her now dropped and dirtied berries on the ground that he focused on, but part of him wished it could make up for everything else.

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:01 pm
At least he seemed honest in his responses. Still, it didn't make things better. She had longed for a father all her life, and now here he was. Standing right in front of her, looking just as awkward as she felt.

And then he asked if she was... Abby just shook her head in disbelief. "Of course I am. I don't look fat anywhere else do I?" It was almost a snap. Almost. Abby blamed her hormones, but she knew better this time. This was all her own heart wrenching emotions.

"Sorry? Sorry for what? You haven't done anything." That wasn't true. But he was her father, and part of the reason she was going to be a mother soon too. But why did he blurt out that he was sorry?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:42 pm
Way to go Pothos, that was a sure fire way to win her over if it wasn't too late already. He let out another sigh. He should have just turned around and left when he realized who she was..... because of course that was a grand option in itself. At least she wouldn't have known he was there in the first place and possibly wouldn't have gotten upset.

Her snapping answer took him aback, like a slap to the cheek, but then again he did deserve it in some ways. "Yea...ahh.. no, no. You know what, just.. forget it." he said with an awkward smile and swallowed hard. He looked her over at her last question. Sorry. Sorry. Why was he sorry? For not being there? For just asking a stupid question? For showing up unannounced? He couldn't think of an answer that would do any justice.

"You know...maybe... now is a bad time, your obviously busy... I .. should.. just leave...now..." he gulped and made to try to get away all quick and easy like.

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 am
Abby blinked, shaking her head. "I'm sorry.. It's been a hell of a week, I shouldn't be snapping at you..." The young adult frowned. She knew better than to snap at her elders, and even more so than to snap at one of her own parents. She rubbed her arm, looking up at him.

"I'm not really all that busy.. Would.." She paused, biting her lip for a moment. "Would you like to help me get lunch?" Her head tilted with the question. This was really the first conversation she'd had with the man and she'd seriously ruined it with her attitude problem. She could almost kick herself over something so stupid!

"It might take a while, but it'll go quicker with two pickers instead of one?" Abby offered, really wanting to try and mend their lack of relationship. If her children were going to have the gift of a father, she could try and give them the gift of a grandfather too. Right?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:13 pm
Pothos had turned and spread his wings to make a run for it when her tone of voice changed. It made him halt and he turned back around to peer at her. He was half tempted to say he deserved it but he couldn't bring himself to do it.

Blinking, he scratched his head and folded his wings, glancing down at the berries strewn about on the floor. "Ah....uh... sure... Yeah, I can.. help." He blinked again. He guessed she wouldn't want the ones he had just caused her to dump on the floor.

"So..." he began, wanting to ask a question or make some small talk, anything to try to make it feel less awkward. It wasn't really working. "... Berries.... right." he half smiled, pointing at a berry bush and going over to pick a few. He wonered who the father was of her unborn or if he should even ask.

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:12 pm
Abby nodded quietly, thinking. She wasn't... No she was, she was kind of mad at him, but that was because he flaked on their conversation after the dance... But that was Eris wasn't it? Or was it really because he hadn't wanted to talk to her? The young adult couldn't decide. She didn't want to. She wanted to give him the excuse, but she couldn't at the same time.

"How are things after the ball?" Abby looked up from the bush she'd resumed picking berries from. He couldn't even compose a full sentence? Guardians he must hate her. She was beating herself up inside for this. Maybe she just wasn't meant to know the man...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:03 am
Keep it together Pothos, shes only your...... long lost daughter. He let out another huge sigh. And worse she had just mentioned 'The Dreaded Word'. Ball. "I'd prefer not to think of that..." he rubbed the side of his head as if he had a headache. He had been trying to forget all about that. He already had some serious explaining to do about the arrows...and Eris.... and that poor couple he plundered with about a thousand arrows. Dear Venus, he could only wonder what kind of effects they suffered besides transgendered. What if they now had long googly eye stalks, hairy mandibles and mutant tentacle offspring?!!!

He let out a groan as he grabbed his head and shook it furiously to rid him of the horrid horrid mental images. Deffinetly not thinking about it! "Things are.... fine. Yeah they are fine." he said with zero confidence. Aglaia had no wings, he had spawned a new breed of mutant faun somewhere, his brothers were probably just cackling in pain at him now somewhere. In fact, he was certain, he could almost hear it.....

Change of subject!!

"Whose the father." he blurted out before even realizing it.

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:15 am
She nodded, figuring it was a touchy subject. He seemed really distracted back then. But how could she know for certain? Yeah, okay, she had to give him the benefit of the doubt. He really didn't have much control over everything. No one pae did. The shetani looked up, blinking her blue eyes.

"You don't sound like things are f-" She gasped at the interruption. Abby knew she wasn't speaking very loudly, but the question.. Wow. Just wow.. He did care. Or maybe he was just beating himself up. No no, he cared. She blushed, smiling as she thought about it.

"Aiolos. He and I have known each other since we were children. He grew up a little faster than I did.. Uncle Himeros got him in the maze." She nodded, grinning. "It was a fun couple of weeks, but being honest... It was almost as much a pain because of our mothers. Thankfully Uncle Anteros came in and fixed the... Problem. And Aiolos..." Abby blushed, remembering everything after the whole scene. And how she'd found out she was pregnant. "He proposed to me. As soon as we found out about the baby."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:36 am
Something about the tone of her voice as she answered his questions was enough to stir him form his visions of torment and really pause to look her over. She really was beautiful.... though she probably got that from her mother. Yeah, it had to be all from her mother..... It was a mother right......?

"So he proposed.... I.. am happy for you." he nodded, this time he did have some confidence to his words. The last thing he wanted was for the poor dear to go through what he had put her and her mother through. Alone with a child and a child growing up without a father. "Glad they aren't mutant tentacled faun too." he said with a half laugh.

Wait...did he just say that out loud?! Auhg! Facepalm!

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:15 pm
Abby grinned, blushing about the thought. She was excited about everything involving Aiolos and her newly forming family. She just wished so much hadn't happened right after.

"Thanks..." The young mother to be blushed, looking up at him. "Do... Do you want to come to the wedding?" Abby asked, almost as nervous about asking as he was about being in the same general area as she was. It was his next sentence that had her laughing. Mutant tentacle faun? Oh guardians that was so silly.

"Hehehehehe" Abhisnea couldn't help it. Maybe there was more to her father than she had thought. "With extra big hooves and pointy nails" She made a face, giggling as she said it. That was a funny idea.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:02 pm
He blinked at her. The wedding? "You mean I'm...invited?" he blinked again before looking down at his feet and running a toe in the dirt in circles. "I.. I think I could be there...yeah..." he said softly, trying to muster up a genuine smile. It was the least he could do...right? He wasn't so sure about more gatherings with large group of Pae but... that didn't mean he couldn't try.

When she laughed and mentioned huge hooves and pointy nails, he couldn't help but chuckle a bit. "Yeah. Lets hope not! ... No telling what I did to that poor faun couple." he groaned again and sighed. It felt good a bit to get that off his chest....even if it wasn't really a full fledged confession of sorts.

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers