Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
LGBT Movies/Films/Shorts Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
Gold
100%
 100%  [ 49 ]
Total Votes : 49

lgtenos
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:17 pm
I couldn't find a thread like this, so I'm starting one... I love watching movies that revolve around concepts regarding LGBT, but I'm limited to what my friends have referred so far. To share these enjoyments, please include the names of as many LGBT-themed or -related movies, films, or shorts.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:43 pm
I JUST watched My Brother the Devil today.

At first I thought, okay, this is a cool film with a gritty feel to it with a good foreign and underground culture expression.

Then as the film progresses the plot reaches its climax where the LGBT influence comes into play and really explains the title and drives the film home.

A+ film.

Saint Sims
Crew

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

11,865 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Flatterer 200

RowenthaDark

Feline Avenger

17,050 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:53 pm
ALL HAIL THE EASTER BUNNY!!!

Don't forget Prayers for Bobby. Never forget that one....

DOWN WITH DEIDRICH!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:05 pm
I'm actually quite partial to the movie "eCupid." I stumbled upon it while looking for a different movie on Netflix with the word "Cup" in the title. "eCupid" popped up in the search, so I decided to watch that instead. It's cliche, the acting is sub-par, and the plot is very linear... But it's cute, to say the least~ If you like sappy, mushy gay love stories about break-ups and hook-ups (along with a supportive story about maintaining faithfulness during relationships), then I suggest "eCupid."  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 am
I would recommend C.R.A.Z.Y.
It's a film from Quebec, set in the 70s and 80s, and it's one of my favourite movies. I wouldn't necessarily call it a LGBT film, but the principal character's sexuality does play a big role in the plot.

A Touch of Pink was cute, and although the acting was awful, I have to say that I enjoyed Latter Days as well.

Edit: Beautiful Thing is worth checking out, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:01 am
Earlier this semester, I came across a movie called "The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love". It's not my favorite though (But I'm a Cheerleader is my favorite), and any fans of The L Word may recognize Laurel Holloman in this movie.  

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Taeryyn
Captain

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 am
TigerLilyChick
Earlier this semester, I came across a movie called "The Incredibly True Adventure of Two Girls in Love". It's not my favorite though (But I'm a Cheerleader is my favorite), and any fans of The L Word may recognize Laurel Holloman in this movie.

I saw that a few years ago. Wasn't my favourite either, by any means, but it was surprising, especially considering it was released in '95.

That reminds me of a few other movies.

Better Than Chocolate, Imagine Me and You, and Lost and Delirious. Yay lesbian movies? Oh, and Loving Annabelle.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:50 pm
D.E.B.S.
Saving Face
Bound

But I'm a Cheerleader and Better than Chocolate are probably my faves. Because I'm pretty sure those were the first movies I watched when I first realized I liked women, so they've got the nostalgia factor. Also because they're just ridiculous fun.  

Anja Sedai

Timely Traveler

20,450 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150

PrinceOfSpica

Sparkly Businesswoman

5,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:04 pm
@Suicide Room Or simply Suicide Room is on netflix. It's classified as a GLBT movie when really the male on male relationship is kept in the background. It's more about the relationship between people who are abnormal and the way that they deal with the challenges ( more specifically the depression) that comes with being that way. It's motto (to me) is " You're different. Treasure that."
But by no means is it a feel good movie. The ending is not a happy one and it exposes a lot of issues that most people will not discuss. But I believe that it is a great piece of art that everyone should see.

It's on youtube for now, if any one would like to see it.
@Suicide Room  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:50 pm
Wow, quite the list y'all. Keep'em comin' cool  

lgtenos
Vice Captain

AlexBreaux

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:26 pm
Boy Culture is so sweet and the main character is s e x.
Noahs Arc Jumping the Broom is funny, but you might be lost if you never watched the series  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:06 am
Although it's a slightly different angle, I would recommend both the 1984 documentary "The Times of Harvey Milk" and the 2008 feature film "Milk" about, of course, Harvey Milk, the first openly gay elected official in the United States. Both very touching and say a lot about the early gay rights movement and how it affected politics in some very potent ways.

Another option, although I am not sure if there is a film version, is the play "The Laramie Project" about the events surrounding Matthew Shepard's death in Laramie, Wyoming. Very potent and emotional story.

Keakealani

Intellectual Elocutionist

12,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Timid 100
  • Millionaire 200

Silverflint

Profitable Rogue

11,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:59 pm
I caught Boys on the Side on TV the other day. Not strictly LGBT, but I really enjoyed it!
Both heartbreaking and heartwarming, IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:24 am
A while ago I partially watched a movie that seemed interesting but I had better things to do so I never saw the last hour or so of it...

Chasing Amy  

Katana left the site

Angelic Shade

Sin Error

Elder

7,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:28 pm
Breakfast with Scott.
and if you understand spanish: "La otra Familia"