Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sex Education Guild

Back to Guilds

Know your body, love your body, be safe, be healthy, be wise. 

Tags: Sex Ed, Birth Control, LGBT, STDs, Pregnancy 

Reply Sex Education Main Forum
Pubic Hair. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:55 am
Hey everyone!(:

So I've just been really confused on what I should do because I've never shaved or waxed my pubes, but I trim sometimes and I also shave the sides next to my thighs, if that makes sense.

The problem is that it's almost bikini season, and I don't want my pubes sticking out of my bathing suit! I don't want to ask my mom because I feel embarrassed.

Shaving it seems painful and same with waxing but I don't know what I should do.

Should I just trim it really short before my trip?
What do you guys do about your pubic hair?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:22 pm
I don't do anything with my pubic hair.

Removing your pubic hair, especially by shaving, actually increases your chance of getting an infection down there, so staying all natural or just trimming a little is recommended.

If you really want to shave and are ok with the increased risk of infection or the possible irritation, then go for it. Trim it down really short first though, don't rush, and don't get shave gel or soap near your v****a.

But if you're not ok with the increased risk of infection or are only tempted to shave because of what other people will think rather than because you actually want to, then I would say just get a bikini that has a boy short style bottom or find a lightweight pair of shorts that you can wear over your bathing suit bottom.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:15 pm
LorienLlewellyn
I don't do anything with my pubic hair.

Removing your pubic hair, especially by shaving, actually increases your chance of getting an infection down there, so staying all natural or just trimming a little is recommended.

If you really want to shave and are ok with the increased risk of infection or the possible irritation, then go for it. Trim it down really short first though, don't rush, and don't get shave gel or soap near your v****a.

But if you're not ok with the increased risk of infection or are only tempted to shave because of what other people will think rather than because you actually want to, then I would say just get a bikini that has a boy short style bottom or find a lightweight pair of shorts that you can wear over your bathing suit bottom.

Those are amazing ideas! Thank you so much, you are like a life saver.
What you said about doing it because of what other people think is so true...I shouldn't care. The only thing is that I feel like since brazilian wax is so in right now that no guys will ever want to have sex with me, but maybe this is just a stupid worry and I should shut up. What do you think? Have you had any trouble?  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:41 pm
I don't shave any of my body hair, and I have not had any trouble with relationships, sex, or oral sex. I'm in a relationship right now, I've been in relationships in the past, I've been in a friends with benefits situation, and I have had a couple of one night stands.

I'm sure there are some guys out there who wouldn't date or sleep with a girl with body hair, but I wouldn't want to be with a guy who had a problem with it anyway, so that's ok with me! I like being natural. My skin is sensitive, and I am prone to vaginal infections, so I don't like risking infection if I don't have to. I like saving money by not buying razors, and saving water by not staying in the shower longer, and not putting that extra plastic in the landfill, etc. It's not something that I want to change. So guys who don't like it aren't right for me. And that's ok. No matter what we do, we're not going to be right for everyone anyway!

And there are also actually some guys who prefer an all natural girl.

Most of the guys that I have met didn't really care one way or the other though.

So do what works for you.

If you decide to leave part or all of your body natural and someone questions it, explain that it's your preference, it's normal, it's natural, and it's actually healthier for your body. If a guy ever tries to make you feel weird about it or pressure you to change it when you don't want to, then he's not right for you anyway.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

The Sweet Irony

Tipsy Shapeshifter

8,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:12 pm
I do have something to add, and also a discussion question.

Hair has always been an issue in my family because my mother is extremely adamant that it is unholy/unhealthy to shave pubic hair, but she also considers it the height of indecency for pubic hair to be visible in public. To her, it is on the same level as actually exposing genitalia.

I'm 18 and this will be my last summer living with my parents if I so choose, but it's something I've wondered about since I was about 10-11 and I started growing hair there. In 5th grade, I had a little girl's one piece suit like any other, but my mother said I couldn't go swimming until we found waterproof or swimsuit-material shorts for me to go over it because of the hair. When she first told me this I trimmed it by myself, and when she found the hair clippings in the bathtub she was very distressed and told me under that I was under no circumstances to remove it again.

Yes, shorts are an easy solution, but I've always wondered about this. It seems a little hypocritical. Are these simply my mother's opinions, or is it generally considered inappropriate for pubic hair to be visible? Why?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:40 pm
The Sweet Irony

It seems a little hypocritical. Are these simply my mother's opinions, or is it generally considered inappropriate for pubic hair to be visible? Why?

It is generally considered inappropriate for pubic hair to be visible.

If you show someone your leg hair at school, for example, no big deal. But if you show someone your pubic hair, even just the very top, not showing your labia or anything, you'd probably get in major trouble if a teacher saw you do that.

If I took a shower at my father's house and left a head hair behind, no big deal. But if I left a pubic hair behind without noticing it, I'd be embarrassed!

And you probably won't see pubic hair in a movie that's rated PG-13 or lower.

It's probably because we've sexualized that whole area. The same goes for breasts really. We (as a society) have sexualized the breast so much that we consider it indecent if they're showing. They're perfectly normal and natural baby feeders that half the world has, yet we act all weird about them being visible, sometimes even to the point of not letting women feed their babies with them!

So yeah, it's generally considered inappropriate, but it's also kind of ridiculous that it is. Pubic hair is normal, natural, and healthy. Almost everyone has it/would have it if they stopped shaving it. There's nothing weird about it. And there's nothing sexual about just having it or just seeing it.  

LorienLlewellyn
Captain

Quotable Informer

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:36 pm
LorienLlewellyn
I don't shave any of my body hair, and I have not had any trouble with relationships, sex, or oral sex. I'm in a relationship right now, I've been in relationships in the past, I've been in a friends with benefits situation, and I have had a couple of one night stands.

I'm sure there are some guys out there who wouldn't date or sleep with a girl with body hair, but I wouldn't want to be with a guy who had a problem with it anyway, so that's ok with me! I like being natural. My skin is sensitive, and I am prone to vaginal infections, so I don't like risking infection if I don't have to. I like saving money by not buying razors, and saving water by not staying in the shower longer, and not putting that extra plastic in the landfill, etc. It's not something that I want to change. So guys who don't like it aren't right for me. And that's ok. No matter what we do, we're not going to be right for everyone anyway!

And there are also actually some guys who prefer an all natural girl.

Most of the guys that I have met didn't really care one way or the other though.

So do what works for you.

If you decide to leave part or all of your body natural and someone questions it, explain that it's your preference, it's normal, it's natural, and it's actually healthier for your body. If a guy ever tries to make you feel weird about it or pressure you to change it when you don't want to, then he's not right for you anyway.

You are seriously the most honest and helpful person ever.
Thank you so much, I've been so insecure and you are so right. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:05 pm
As a fellow swimmer, I know what this is like, too. I usually just carefully shaved the area where the suit did not cover. I never was very comfortable being completely shaved while in a swim suit.

For the removal of hair, I carefully use Nair in those areas. Be very careful not to get any hair on the inner lips, because you will burn yourself. But it is possible to do it safely, and have it be effectively.

If using a razor is possible, go for it. Like with anything, be very careful.

I was never into the idea of letting the bush hang out. I just don't find it productive. (Ever get a long hair stuck between your suit, and have it pull? Ow). Nor, do I think it is very attractive...(Queer or not, I don't like it).

Anyways, hope that helped.  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 am
Nadira
As a fellow swimmer, I know what this is like, too. I usually just carefully shaved the area where the suit did not cover. I never was very comfortable being completely shaved while in a swim suit.

For the removal of hair, I carefully use Nair in those areas. Be very careful not to get any hair on the inner lips, because you will burn yourself. But it is possible to do it safely, and have it be effectively.

I was never into the idea of letting the bush hang out. I just don't find it productive. (Ever get a long hair stuck between your suit, and have it pull? Ow). Nor, do I think it is very attractive...(Queer or not, I don't like it).

Thank you so much! That is an amazing idea to use nair, if I do end up getting rid of the hair. Is it just called Nair? Sorry, I've only seen commercials.(: I'm going to look for it next time I go to CVS.

Oh and I do get long hair stuck down there. It sucks. Hurts like a b***h!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:27 pm
taking-risks
Nadira

Thank you so much! That is an amazing idea to use nair, if I do end up getting rid of the hair. Is it just called Nair? Sorry, I've only seen commercials.(: I'm going to look for it next time I go to CVS.

I currently use a product that is registered as "Nair". I'm not a fan of the Hanson products, because they always irritated my skin, so I look for products that have Aloe and other moisturizers/soothers added to them.

I recently read in a magazine about using wax for the bikini line. The article spoke about using a wax that only needs about 15 seconds to be heated up, and can be a thicker wax that goes on thin. I haven't tried waxing, but you can research about it. I had bought the wax strips, but were never successful with getting them to work properly.

Yeah, Nair is sold at CVS. That's where I buy it, too. Any drug store typically carries the product.

Good luck.  

Nadira

5,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:42 pm
Nadira
taking-risks
Nadira

I currently use a product that is registered as "Nair". I'm not a fan of the Hanson products, because they always irritated my skin, so I look for products that have Aloe and other moisturizers/soothers added to them.

I recently read in a magazine about using wax for the bikini line. The article spoke about using a wax that only needs about 15 seconds to be heated up, and can be a thicker wax that goes on thin. I haven't tried waxing, but you can research about it. I had bought the wax strips, but were never successful with getting them to work properly.

Yeah, Nair is sold at CVS. That's where I buy it, too. Any drug store typically carries the product.

Good luck.

Alright, thanks!(:  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:42 pm
I have trouble with this as well, there's no way in heck I would let anyone see me completely untrimmed. (My hair keeps growing until its around 3 inches in length, so yeah... not happening)

But what really bugs me when it comes to prospects of receiving oral half the impression I get is if I don't deal with any hair on my shaft (side effect of being circumcized as an infant from what I heard stare ) or scrotal area is that I won't receive any enjoyable attention there.

And I'm not sure if this still involves the pubic area but trying to deal with anything that goes farther back than the scrotum is a royal pain in the... Yeah... >>

EDIT: And now Lorien has me curious about what a woman with unshaved legs looks like. o.o;;  

Asher2501

OMG Aural Sex

Original Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mega Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:40 pm
taking-risks
Nadira
taking-risks
Nadira

Good luck.

Alright, thanks!(:

I have tried to use Nair on my pubic area. I HATED it. It was irritating and smelled awful. I usually use an electric trimmer (like one you would use to shave your head, not a facial one) and then shave for romantic special occasions.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:44 pm
I would say a close trim would be sufficient since I would think your thighs would stay relatively closed. (Not said to be mean or judgmental, just an observations of typical beach behavior).

Also, make sure your bottoms fit well. Sounds silly, but if your bottoms are too loose it will hang open and expose yourself. If it is too tight there won't be enough fabric to cover.  

OMG Aural Sex

Original Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mega Tipsy 100

taking-risks

Friendly Fatcat

5,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:17 pm
Asher2501
I have trouble with this as well, there's no way in heck I would let anyone see me completely untrimmed. (My hair keeps growing until its around 3 inches in length, so yeah... not happening)

But what really bugs me when it comes to prospects of receiving oral half the impression I get is if I don't deal with any hair on my shaft (side effect of being circumcized as an infant from what I heard stare ) or scrotal area is that I won't receive any enjoyable attention there.

And I'm not sure if this still involves the pubic area but trying to deal with anything that goes farther back than the scrotum is a royal pain in the... Yeah... >>

EDIT: And now Lorien has me curious about what a woman with unshaved legs looks like. o.o;;

Don't worry about never receiving oral because of your pubes.

If you are going to be doing that with random women, then maybe worry.

If you are looking for a committed relationship, and they love you, then they really won't care. I'm about 85.9% about that. Only bitches would judge you.  
Sex Education Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff