Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Advice on parents?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tiedyedtrash

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:44 pm
So I'm trans, can't change that. Of course, I've been having trouble with my parents (especially my mother) outing me to various family members, including my great grandparents. She also does not believe i am ready to move out ever. (I am 15 at the moment, so not old enough to anyways, I mean she says I will never be able to live on my own)
I'm terrified if she'll try to keep me from moving out, especially since after I graduate I will only be 17 until September. I have no idea if my parents will allow me to actually move out.
I have mild autism, though I can function well, especially do responsible tasks, making it easier with schedules. She uses this as an excuse.
The point is, if I do stay, I will be outed to more and more family members, some of which are literally insane.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:14 pm
I don't know you personally, but I believe you'll move out eventually whee I have faith in you 3nodding

Yeh...I would talk to your mom about this whole outing business. Not really right if you ask me.

Orgasmic_Firefly

Interesting Gaian

6,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Wall Street 200

Daisuke Kitsune

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:51 pm
if u r going to college, after u graduate, u can always moved to the dorms, just a suggestion biggrin i know at 15 live seems hard, trust me, it get harder, i mean i ended up homeless in october when my ex & i broke up, moved to las vegas with my big sis, but her husband, does not like me & i was about to get homeless again until my best friend and her boyfriend offered me to move with them in nyc... the point is that live is ******** hard but if u fight for what u want, u can do whatever u want in life, good luck to u my friend xD  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:56 pm
All you have to do is be examined by a psychiatrist or something. They'll ask you questions, observe your choices, and see how you live. If they deem that you can function on your own, then you're parents can't keep you in their house when you come of age. It's actually against the law, since it violates a person's privacy and freedom.  

Rainbow Neko Fairy

Clean Smoker

Sea Thrift

Hygienic Browser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:28 pm
Just like Rainbow said, your parents will not be able to forcibly keep you in their home if you don't want to stay there, especially when you have medical papers that say you're perfectly capable of living on your own.

Sometimes, there are parents and family members out there who don't understand the concept of respect. It's unfortunate. I suggest that you just keep topics of sexuality and gender between yourself and people you trust to respect you. Clearly, your parents are unable to do that. Then, when you get the chance to get out of there, do it.

I just hope that one day your parents will understand you. It may take a while, but hopefully one day, it will happen.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games