View Results

supreme_slayer

Eloquent Flatterer

7,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:38 pm
And to be honest, I feel like I need help with it. I put down all of my basic ideas and some card concepts, which helped me to develop more on the core mechanics, but I'm running into a few problems. Namely, I don't know a good way to make cards varied but have a theme, and I'd have to make a lot of them to start with so that more than one deck could be played... So I was wondering if anyone who's experienced with TCGs would be able to give me some advice or help with the process.

Basically, right now the game functions a little bit like a mix of Pokemon TCG, some original elements, and Magic, using a single pool of energy that can be placed once per turn, but any card besides an Item Card can be used as energy, providing its own Type of energy to the Pool when used. Each Character (Or Fighter, or whatever name I can come up with) has their own attacks that require you to use these resources to be performed then, and you can attack with any number of different Characters as long as you have the energy for it. This means that as the game progresses it becomes more intense and more likely for your Characters to be beaten. (They each have health values that are high enough to last for more than a single turn under normal circumstances). Once you have defeated a predetermined number of Characters (typically 5), you win the game. I am considering swapping this for a "value system" where different Characters are worth different values and once you have defeated a total value of characters or higher you win. To prevent stalling, every turn that your opponent doesn't have something in play would give you a "win" as well.

There's a lot more details obviously, but I don't want to put them all in one post, so if you're interested in hearing more either post, PM me, or message me on Hotmail!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 pm
Good luck, I might make one as soon as I'm out of school.  

JimAboo

Supercharged Guardian

20,925 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Team Josie 25
  • Signature Look 250

supreme_slayer

Eloquent Flatterer

7,100 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:18 pm
Since it's kinda dumb just to copy and paste, there's more details on the game here if anyone is interested: http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/topic/108202-a-card-game-ive-been-working-on/  
Poll Guild of DOOM

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games