Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:31 pm
User Image

Two days of mixing potions and making poultices, as well as a few other regular duties, and now the faun found herself in roughly the same area she'd been when she'd last appeared as such; staff in hand and a basket (covered with cloth this time), hanging from her other arm. Now what had he said...? Follow the path to the portion where it starts to get rocky, then...listen for the 'clicks' and turn...

She wondered, not for the first or last time, if maybe she should have brought someone else with her as a guide. Ugh. But, she didn't want to be a bother..not when everyone already had their own responsibilities to worry about. With a resigned sigh, she continued, moving not slowly, but definitely with care over the rocky terrain. Her hooves clicked against the pebbles as she walked, as did the tip of her staff as she trailed it lightly over the ground ahead of her, 'feeling' her way and hoping to find any obstacles with the staff rather than her hoof. She had to smile a bit; no, these couldn't be the 'clicks' she was listening for.

Not that she had any more idea what she was listening for. Cosworth had seemed so sure about whatever idea he'd had though, his confidence had been contagious. Vanya had felt that whatever he had in mind was going to work, and that she'd be sure to figure it all out once she got out here. How odd, considering she'd just met him.

So, here she was, wandering aimlessly down the path until something gave her a clue which way she was supposed to be going. Lovely.

Well, at least the weather was pleasant.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:00 pm
User Image
It was against this backdrop of a typically pleasant mid-morning, with the sun shining and a light breeze, that something oddly unnatural would draw Vanya's attention. What might, from a distance, have been the sound of wind rushing between the branches, began to resemble the whistle of a kettle on the boil, accompanied by what Cosworth might describe as a 'mechanical' clicking, although it was more like the sound of a twig being snapped repeatedly, regularly, and rapidly. Most Faun, however, weren't familiar with the verb 'mechanical', so unnatural would be the most appropriate description.

The source of the sound was a device, made of iron, stone and wood, around the same size as a Faun's torso, set at the corner of the trail that led to Cosworth's cottage in the woods. There was a spinning wheel with a series of vanes built into it at the top of the assembly, driven by a jet of steam heated from somewhere inside, and a wood tab beat against it continuously as it span. The heat it gave off, even in that sunny morning, was apparent from several feet away, as it was one of Cosworth's earliest designs, and exhaust was rudimentary at best. Indeed, some of the hot exhaust gas wafted its way around back towards the intake, reducing the machine's efficiency. The steam condensed into a little white trail over the machine, unrecycled and allowed to disperse. Overall it wasn't a terribly great design, but when Cosworth had built it the first time, he hadn't yet seen the generator his friend had brought back from the ruins of the HQ. The wonders he built now had relegated this particular unit to storage until he found a use for it, however mundane that use might be.

Only when quite close to the object would Vanya be able to hear a second set of clicking sounds, further away, but still distinct and in the direction of Cosworth's cottage, some distance down the trail. It's quite apparent that these are trail markers. Hideously inefficient, complicated, but audible trail markers.

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:29 am
She'd covered a bit more ground before an odd sound caught her attention. Ear flicking lightly, her sharp hearing locked onto a shrill whistling sound. Not what she'd been expecting to hear, but it certainly didn't seem to belong in the area. Curiosity won out and she changed direction, heading towards the whistling noise, soon accompanied by a sound not unlike snapping twigs. Was this it?

As she neared, the sounds became sharp and clear, unable to be mistaken for anything natural occurring in the area. What sort of magic was this? Vanya's hooves tapped against the stone at her feet, and soon she began to feel that the area was warmer here than before. Yes, the sunlight shining down was warm on her dark fur, but this was different. As if something were radiating heat just in this area. She held out her hand towards the sound, noting the change in temperature. Whatever was making the sounds was also making heat...it felt moist as well, not unlike the heat from a fresh cup of tea. Steam then? Somehow, steam made this noise? Fascinating!

She was curious about how such a thing worked, but there was little she'd be able to figure out on her own. She'd have to ask Cosworth, if she managed to find his home. Though, noting the sounds coming from a second location further up the path as she'd been told to take, well, that was seeming much more likely than it had earlier today. She backed away from the heat-producing noise-generator, smiling as she turned her hooves towards the second source. Okay, she could do this...just follow the sounds from one to the next. She had to end up there eventually.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:23 pm
User ImageCosworth had spent much of the grey dawn that day making sure that the trail from the road was a bit clearer of rocks and debris. The noisemakers were so heavy that each of the four old boilers had to be hauled out individually, and on each return trip, he had picked up and swept away as many obstructions as he could. He allowed himself an amused smile; the way to his home hadn't been this well-maintained for years.

The last of those early model boilers now sat on a shelf in the corner of his cottage, its drive-wheel removed and a small valve added to its side. Cosworth rushed back to it when he heard the sound of rushing steam, quickly closing the air intake and snuffing out its fire. He set a small wood cup under the valve and opened it, letting boiling hot water trickle out, over the assorted leaves inside the cup.

Cosworth gazed through his open door outside as he let his tea steep. There were a few clouds in the sky, but nothing too ominous. Whether or not company was coming, it was looking to be another fine day. Quite apart from the stormy weather that had come some time ago and turned quite a few things on their heads, chief among which, for him anyway, was the bringing of the first visitor his cottage had seen. Ever.

Movement caught Cosworth's eye and he leaned back to get a better view out the door. There was Lady Vanya, coming up the trail towards the last noisemaker, which he'd set in the middle of his yard, the willowleaf on her antlers starting to wave in the breeze. The male faun hurried to the door, his hooves tapping over his stone floor until he was out in his grassy yard. "Lady Vanya, an honor to see you." He said clearly, bowing despite the fact that she wouldn't see it anyway, and approaching her (whilst keeping an eye on her staff). He extended a hand and wrapped it reassuringly around hers. "Please, let me lead you to my cottage. I just boiled some water if you'd like some tea."

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:16 am
Having followed the sounds of the fourth device and hearing no other nearby, Vanya had paused briefly beside the last noise-maker before hearing the distinctive accent call out from up ahead. A smile blessed her face, and privately she congratulated herself on this small victory. Yes, she'd followed instructions and not gotten horribly lost. Hooray!

A warm hand enveloped hers and she squeezed lightly in greeting. "Oh, please, sir, the honor is mine. Afterall, this is your home." She fell into step alongside the male, allowing him to lead her the rest of the way. Her smile widened at his invitation, and with a soft chuckle, she answered, "Dear sir, I do believe you read my mind. Though, I had thought the surprise would be mine."

She let him lead her to the cottage, her staff tip feeling out the way to ensure her hooves didn't stumble. Once inside, she set her staff aside and began rummaging in her basket. From beneath the cloth, she pulled a small wooden box with a lid and held it out towards her host. "Dandelion tea. One of my favorite blends from Mojo. I also have some lemon grass and mint," she continued, reaching back into the basket. She flipped the cover aside, revealing the additional gifts within. In addition to the salve that she'd promised, there were fresh fruit scones, wrapped in large leaves and tied with fibrous twine. "I had hoped we might have tea," she explained with a smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:58 pm
The cottage that morning smelled of a fresh breeze from the forest edge and less like its usual, smoky, greasy self. It had a lot to do with the lovely weather outside and the fact that Cosworth had pulled open the heavy drapes covering his windows and left them that way for the last day or so.

Cosworth allowed himself a warm smile when the other faun revealed that she had already made plans to bring tea, and watched as she revealed the other delights in her basket. The engineer opened the small box he'd been given just a crack, enough to catch a whiff of the faintly sweet scent of the tea within.

"That Mojo certainly knows his brews. I'm quite glad you have something from him, I hardly ever see the old boy anymore." He considered pouring out the tea he had already made himself, but thought better of it. It would be poor form for him to not offer it to the lady, and while it was a blend he had come up with himself, he did not consider it a bad mix, even if it wasn't terribly good either.

The male faun picked up his cup and set it down on a workbench-turned-tea table, and took the basket from his guest, setting it down on the table next to the cup. "I already have some tea ready if you'd like to try it." He had taken steps to be courteous and to have the place as clean as possible (as much for safety as for being a good host) but was still so socially out of touch that he had quite forgotten to actually move a chair to the blind seer, or help her into it.

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:05 pm
Vanya surrendered the basket, then stayed where she was, though she could hear Cosworth moving about the room. She could track him somewhat by the sounds of hooves on stone, even if she couldn't keep a constant view of his aura with her Sight. Still a bit new with that, it seemed to come and go at its own will, though she noticed it seemed strongest when paired with strong emotion.

Realizing she'd been standing there awkwardly for a moment, she locked on to the fact she'd been asked a question. "I'd never turn down a chance to try a new type of tea. I'd be honored, sir." As she waited, she fiddled with her hands subconsciously. "Oh, you know Mojo as well? I wonder sometimes where he gets off to on his travels to come back with such strange and wondrous things."

"Oh!" she'd just remembered. "I err...brought some more of that salve. If you need it I mean." She felt her cheeks heat up a bit at the memory in shame. "I'm sorry again. How are you? Not still hurting, I hope?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:34 pm
Cosworth was distracted from his routine by Vanya's enquiry into his well-being. "Lady Vanya, I assure you, I'm no longer ailing from your rather effective strike out in the field. I would be happy to accept the salve though." His words were sincere, even if his voice betrayed a little amusement at the female's contrition. Despite this, the truth was that he had a few extra burns and bruises from other sources that he might eventually use the salve on, but for the meantime he did not wish to bother Vanya with such trivialities.

He bent over and slid the cup of tea towards her, close enough for the blind seer to be able to smell it- a robust, rich-scented tea that hinted at being simple, but strong. Cosworth knew it wasn't anything special, no subtle or delicate balance of flavours here, just something to get mind moving whilst still being reasonably palatable.

It was at this time that the male faun realized he hadn't quite offered the Lady a chair. "O-Oh... Bugger. I've forgotten to offer you a seat." He quickly stammered, and moved to grab the nearest one. One pause and a couple of confused blinks later, Cosworth looked back at Vanya. "My Chairs. All my chairs are gone." Attempting to make it better as quickly as he could, he hopped over to his sleeping niche and began to drag over his sleeping mat, hoping that would suffice.

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:31 pm
Flushing with renewed embarrassment, Vanya shuffled her hooves awkwardly. She still felt horrible about what she'd done, even if the other Faun kept insisting that he was fine. She stopped short of asking to see for herself, as that might be interpreted as rude and like to accusing the other of lying. She just didn't want to think he might still be hurting if... She sighed, shaking her head. "Of course, it's a gift, even if not needed at the moment." She reached up, tucking a stray strand of hair behind her ear. She was saved from her awkwardness by the soothing scent of tea.

Moving slowly towards the source of heat and pleasant scent, her hand closed carefully around the cup. "Thank you," she said, relief at being rescued from her ramblings plain in her voice. She lifted the cup, inhaling deeply. Simple, but strong. After making sure it was cooled a bit, she took a sip. It was nothing fancy, but a nice, warm feeling of comfort seemed to spread throughout her body. "Mmm...bracing," she chuckled softly, shaking her head. "No, really, thank you. I hope that what I brought will be okay. It's not quite so strong; but I wasn't even sure at the time if you drank tea, let alone what kind. I could always bring something a little stronger in the future if you'd prefer," she quipped casually, not realizing that she'd inadvertently implied future visits without a thought.

By now, it had become Cosworth's turn to be flustered, and with the attention off of herself, Vanya had started to relax a bit. Bugger? What an odd exclamation. Then, the absurdity of his next statement struck her to the point she actually giggled in response. "Gone? Why...wherever would they have gone?" The passing thought of chairs that could get up and walk off on their own wasn't helping the Seer keep her amusement in check. A home without chairs...how odd. The space didn't seem to echo as if empty, so the room had to be filled with something else...but what? Times like this, her new Sight did little to help her with new environments.

Her ear flicked lightly, however; her hearing was more acute than it had ever been before. She heard the other Faun moving quickly, now dragging something across the floor. "It's alright; I really don't want to be too much trouble," she started to object. She felt like she was intruding in the other's space and putting him out at this point. That hadn't been her intention with her visit today.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 am
Vanya might have heard a dull thud as her host let go his grip on the straw mat as he finished dragging it behind her. "If I may be blunt, Lady Vanya... You've brought scones. I'm going to be courteous with or without your approval." Although he spoke firmly, his voice carried an undertone of amusement. He then picked up the small wooden box, a simple elegant thing but made of Laisidhiel wood like his hammer, he observed, and carried it over to his boiler. "It's been some time since I've sampled one of Mojo's blends, I'm going to go ahead and steep myself a cup of this."

The engineer checked the temperature of the water remaining in his boiler, and once satisfied, poured about a cup's worth into a small holding vessel, sprinkling a small handful of the leaf into the steaming pot. The aroma rose to his nose almost immediately, causing a slight smile to spread across his face. "And I'm quite happy with the selection you've offered. I only have strong tea here because that's the only one I've figured out how to make myself. I'm fond of most kinds, really." Offering his guest a cup of this tea had quite slipped his mind at first, but he figured it might be better he offer one to her after she had finished the cup his own blend.

For his own seating arrangements, Cosworth walked around his low bench and seated himself on top of it, opposite the seer, lazily resting his back against the adjacent wall but leaving more than enough room for them to spread out their tea.

"I have a suspicion..." The engineer mused out loud, "That perhaps I may have thrown them into the furnace during the last rainstorm. And forgotten about replacing them. I usually have enough things to sit on around here, but I dragged the old steam cylinder outside while I was cleaning up this morning."

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:35 pm
Vanya had always been rather skilled at reading the signs that other Pae'il gave when communicating, as well as picking up on subtle changes of intonation beneath one's words. Losing her sight had only amplified this ability. So, in response to the 'blunt' reply she was given, she only smiled and bowed her head as if conceding defeat. "Very well, sir, I know better than to continue to argue when bested." The dull thud near her hooves prompted another twitch of her ear in response. She heard Cosworth move away, and as he did, she shuffled one hoof back to bump against the straw pallet. Vaguely sure of her immediate surroundings at least, she knelt slowly and felt the mat behind her with her hands before taking a seat. She sat to her side, knees curled beside her and straightening her skirt over her legs, making herself comfortable.

Picking up on the conversation once more, she retrieved her cup of tea from the low bench. "Well, that's more than I've ever managed," she admitted with a chuckle. "For all my potions and poltices, I still differ to the expert for my teas." Though...perhaps one day, she could give it a try as well. Not that she ever hoped to rival Mojo's expertise, but how amazing might it be to be able to enjoy a tea blend of her own creation one day? Still, she was pleased to hear that her gift was more than acceptable, and settled in, finally seeming to relax a bit despite an awkward start.

"The last rainstorm?" she echoed curiously. That hadn't been the answer she'd been expecting. Though...what had she expected? Chairs that ran away on their own? She frowned, "Wait...you mean, the massive storm that hung around for weeks?" she asked in disbelief. For the first time, it occurred to her that the other would have weathered the storm out here, away from the safety of the Tree. "I suppose...it's a little late to inquire about the fact that you did so, but...how did you fare out here away from the Tree? Did you see much damage?" Flashing back to her own experience within Laisidhiel, she thought about the long weeks, listening to the torrents of rain and crashing lightning outside, huddled safely inside, and the amount of time that she'd spent with Takis. She'd also had the time to adapt to her loss of sight, and some of the new abilities that she'd gained in the process. She noticed that he'd never mentioned anyone else, nor had she heard or sensed anyone. "How did you cope out here alone for all that time? I mean...it is just you here, isn't it?"

Should she have brought more scones?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:10 am
"That tea was more of a happy accident than anything else. Actually, some of the key leaf ingredients I use have become a lot more common on the hills since Laisidhiel's lands settled on the ocean." He scratched his chin in thought. "Come to think of it, that's also around the time its flavour got a little stronger." He suspected the thicker air, warmer climate or higher humidity might have had something to do with it, but he was no herbalist, just a herbivore. Most of the time.

Cosworth had bitten into one of the scones when Vanya spoke, since he was waiting for his own tea to steep. It was sweet and fruity, with a few dried berries adding a touch of tartness to it. He hurriedly swallowed his mouthful to answer her questions. "Yes, that is the storm I was referring to. I was stranded inside here for most of it, although occasionally I ventured outside briefly to grab stores from my supply stocks. When that emptied, I really didn't have much reason to brave the elements. The brown faun then patted the stone wall behind him. "Thankfully I built this home solidly so there was little damage to the walls, although after the storm passed I needed to replace some of the timbers in the roof. The surrounding woods got a fair lashing from whirlwinds, though." He recalled a wide gash through the forest less than a mile south that still hadn't grown over. A remarkable scene the blind seer would likely not be able to experience so he left it out of the conversation. "And yes, I live here alone. Most of the time. Actually for some of that storm, I had a guest take refuge here, another Faun and his wolf friend. They left soon after it started to clear, but the damage was already done." Cosworth's tone turned gloomy for the last sentence, and he did not elaborate on what damage he was referring to, or whether it was the storm or the faun that had caused it.

"I suppose everything is fine at the tree, also?" He asked. "I only briefly visited in the last few weeks but things did not seem too amiss. Aside from certain unsettlingly militaristic activity going on."

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:34 pm
With some visible relief, the Seer nodded and sipped her tea. "I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been then. Even the Great Tree suffered some damage, but luckily, nothing that couldn't be healed afterwards. And all those inside were kept safe, if some did start feeling a bit cramped and antsy after being trapped inside for so long," she chuckled a bit, selecting a scone for herself to nibble as they talked. "I suppose it gave some of the new arrivals some time to settle in and get to know their brethren; not that they had a choice at that point," she laughed. Luckily, the wild Faun brethren that had arrived with the Lady Artemis had settled in well, selecting homes for themselves and adapting to traditional Faun life.

She cocked her head curiously at the description of the visitor. A Faun...and a wolf? Not a traditional pair to be sure. She hadn't known many Faun before taking her role as Seer, but... "Grey dappled fellow with dark hair?" she asked. "Wolf looked much the same?" She briefly remembered the pair's arrival at the Tree for the Calling. There had been a bit of a panic among some of the more skittish Fauns in the Tree before it had been made clear that the wolf was under the care of the similarly-colored Faun. In fact, it had seemed with some observation that the canine may have been the one keeping the Faun under control. Vanya remembered them because their arrival had, for a moment, served as a distraction from her distress at finding herself back at the Tree. She smiled a bit at the memory. "I think I may have seen him before," she chuckled softly. He'd seemed on somewhat familiar terms with the Chief, but in an overly-casual manner. Perhaps a bit reckless, but...in a well-meaning way.

She shook her head slightly, dispelling the memories. "I am sorry for the damage, but glad to hear that you didn't have to spend all of that time alone." She had been alone before. She'd thought she'd preferred it...until she had something to compare it to. An afternoon to oneself was nice, but weeks at a time with no one to talk to, well...one started making friends with beetles and frogs.

It had been a relief to have a casual conversation, a cup of tea, and sweets, but the conversation shift caused the Seer to frown and set her cup down. "Mostly fine," she nodded. "As I said, most of the new arrivals have found their home, as well as the new Council settling into their roles," she half-smiled, inclining her head with a shrug to include herself in that group. "Some adjustments taking more time than others," she admitted honestly, in a quiet voice.

"But, I don't know about militaristic," she said hesitantly, then considered for a moment. Though this was only the second time they'd spoken, Cosworth was obviously an intelligent, learned Faun. As well as detail-oriented and observant. If he only visited the Tree infrequently, even subtle changes in behavior could seem as obvious as day and night. Vanya had experience with that, comparing her recent return to the Tree to the Tree that she remembered from her childhood. "Perhaps," she conceded after a moment. "There have been some defensive measures taken..."

She fidgeted with her hands in her lap. "There have been a couple of...incidents recently," she admitted. "At first, it was only a general bad feeling and a warning. An omen. Signs on the horizon of possible trouble. Something to prepare and defend against, but..." She shook her head. "There have been strangers around Laisidhiel. Blood Pae'il. Angels and Demons with mysterious purpose. Also, dark creatures from the forest to the south." She stifled a shiver. "Whether or not they are connected, I cannot say for sure, but...the Chieftain's wife was harmed by one such creature. And...well...there's a reason I was a bit on edge when we met," she said with an apologetic smile towards the other Faun. "I'm afraid I had a bit of an encounter with one of these strange young Blood Pae'il a few nights previous. Though I know not why, I felt she meant me true harm." She didn't go into detail about the vision she'd had that had apparently startled the teenager into fleeing, nor that she herself had felt threatened enough to begin loosing her own chaotic abilities as a defensive measure. Not a choice she made lightly. Ever. "I hope you have had no such troubles here in your remote home," she said honestly. "May they lose their way, should they come looking."

She thought back to the attack on the Chieftain's wife; though she hadn't had a chance to speak to Belvah herself about the incident, she had heard a few details. Rais was keeping her under close watch and care; Vanya had made some poultices for her wounds, as well as some sleeping draughts to help her rest and recover. But, she recalled something else about the story. Something about another Faun...and a wolf. "Cosworth? What was your friend's name? The one with the wolf?" she asked, a curious expression on her face. Perhaps it might jog her memory a bit. Could it be the same Faun? What was the likelihood of two different Faun running around accompanied by wolves?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:00 pm
Cosworth stood abruptly and walked away to the table where his boiler sat. Understanding that this sudden departure might alarm his guest, he cleared his throat and muttered briefly, "Sorry, almost forgot about the dandelion tea. It's about done steeping." He drew a cup from behind the boiler and paused a moment, frowning at it and tilting so the light from outside fell into it. Still wearing an uncertain expression on his face, he then sniffed the cup and paused, before finally appearing satisfied it was clean and blowing a puff of air into it to clear the dust out.

"The fellow's name was Faroth. I do wonder if he's got his head screwed o the right way but his heart seems to be in the right place. I haven't seen him since, so I can't say I know him very well. You described him perfectly, though, so I suppose you'd recognize him if you saw him." Cosworth carefully decanted tea from his holding vessel into his cup until it was full, and brought back to the table both the cup and what tea remained steeping. He set both items down on the bench and resumed his seated position, shuffling until he was comfortable.

He looked into Vanya's sightless eyes as he took a sip of the fragrant dandelion tea, a pleased smile crossing his lips. "S'good." He murmured, before turning his attention back to the conversation. "I see though, I'm sorry to hear about your unfortunate experience, that might explain the... Militaristic impression I got." Cosworth considered using a different word but none came to mind. All those extra guards, weapons and most of all, the tension and suspicious looks he got from some of them, did not remind him of the Tree he left long ago. "The last time I visited I got stopped outside Mojo's by a young guard because he didn't recognize me." The male faun emphasized the last phrase, his voice dripping with distaste. "And then he wanted to search me, until a couple of older guards told him to lay off." He took another sip of his tea before continuing. "I understand if the threat is genuine, but it's a shame nonetheless."

Doof

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:06 pm
"Faroth..." Vanya repeated the same slowly, seeming to mull it over. Yes, it did sound familiar now that she heard it. More familiar in name than his appearance had been. "I see. Yes, I do believe I know the Faun in question," she acknowledged. She hid a slight frown, privately reminding herself that she should take it as a compliment if others forgot, even momentarily, about her loss in sight. It meant that she didn't behave like a helpless, lost little blind girl...right? She shook her head slightly before continuing, "Yes, well...it's been some time since I saw him. I think a name would aid in recognition better at this point than fur coloring."

She pushed on, not allowing herself to dwell on the thought. "But, yes, that must be him. How many Faun travel with a wolf, afterall? You see, I was curious, because I remembered hearing after the attack that the Chieftain's wife was saved with the help of a Faun and his wolf. It seems that Faroth has been busy," she mused, lost in thought for a moment. It created an interesting new view of this seemingly goofy young Faun. She could have sworn she'd heard his name in other context before as well. "I've not had the pleasure to speak to him myself," she admitted, cupping her hands around her tea. "But, I would agree that despite the initial impression, his heart seems to be in the right place. He risked his own life to fight off these cursed creatures and save Belvah. Brave, if possibly also foolish. Not that it makes it any less the right thing to do," she smiled quietly. Thank the Earth that Belvah had returned to them safely that day.

"Oh my," Vanya dismayed, shaking her head. "Those young ones," she muttered with a sigh, "They're so enthusiastic, but...I suppose they mean well, if they take things too far." She frowned at Cosworth. "I apologize on behalf of the Tree for that. Chieftain Rais was...understandably upset following his wife's return from the attack. He practically put the Tree in a state of lockdown for a few days...if you visited then, it's no wonder you had such a bad experience. Things calmed down again afterwards, but I suppose there's still some tension there. There will be, until the source of these twisted creatures can be discovered," she mused.

"Not that I disagree with you," she added, taking a sip of her tea. "It's a terrible shame. To even suggest that we must be suspicious of our own brethren? There is something wrong with the world." The union between Faun was as strong as the Earth itself. For that to falter...it was an unnerving thought. Cosworth should have been greeted at the Tree with comradery and open arms. Even if he didn't visit the Tree often, simply for being a fellow Faun. "I might need to find this young guard," she murmured with a shake of her head.

Trying to turn the conversation back to something more pleasant, or at least more neutral, she resumed picking at the scone she'd selected. "So...this is what you do, Cosworth? A quiet little place, away from the hustle and bustle of the Tree, making Seer-guiding, steam-producing clicking devices?" she asked with a slight smile.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff