Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]
[PRP South] Fretting Over Something Silly (Yeli x Hsiu Mei)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:15 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sure, it had been once, but Yeli was hoping that maybe she could see him again. That handsome hunter from the West House. She had no guise that they were a true couple, but it was nice to feel that fluttering of the heart, the excitement of something new. She just...wanted to check in on him one more time.

Tentative pawsteps took her towards where the messengers usually gathered, waiting for a job to do. She knew her story was....mimimal at best, and she didn't have much to barter with. Being of the same class as them, they would most likely just be kind enough to take her message with little payment, but it didn't hurt to ask.

Noticing a lioness nearby, she did her best to be polite. "Um, excuse me? Could you help me?" she asked with a bob of her head.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:30 am
User ImageHsiu Mei wasn't busy at the moment, and she turned to the other lioness with a smile. For some reason her messenger colleagues had been very reluctant to race with her lately, and some even seemed to make excuses to avoid talking to her. She was getting restless from the lack of exercise and lack of mental stimulation. A rumor about her had started to circulate, but Hsiu Mei couldn't know that. It had yet to reach her own ears that she supposedly cheated in races.

"How can I be of service," she asked.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:52 am
Yeli's heart jumped when she actually got a reply. Though she was still young enough to learn about the pride's customs as she grew, she wasn't born here, and sometimes worried that others held that against her, especially how small the South House was at the moment.

"Y-yes. Well. I was wondering if you'd be willing to run a message to the West House?" she asked carefully. "Its not too far and not too terribly important, but..." her voice dropped, suddenly doubting how smart this contact might be. He could probably slip from his house to her's, but it was much harder for her to do the same. "I'll pay you however I can!"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:57 pm
Yeli had managed to spark Hsiu Meis interest, and she tilted her ears forward. The other lioness said it wasn't an important message, but the way she acted suggested that something about it was important to her. It was possible that Hsiu Mei was reading too much into this, but she was curious.

"What kind of message?" she asked. Curious or not, she wasn't going to agree before knowing the extent of the work involved. Especially without knowing how payment would work out. She was eager for some work, and she was almost bored enough to do it for free, but she wouldn't do anything.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:29 pm
Instantly Yeli flushed. "Um. Its not a love note but uh...something like it?" She shyly looked at Hsiu Mei before huffing at herself. "I don't think I could find him all that fast, but a messenger is much better suited for it than me."

She shifted her weight on her forepaws, purple eyes looking at them for a moment. "Is there some payment I could offer? Lessons, or conversation, or anything?" She was certain she could find something if the striped lioness wished for some payment of her services.

"Sorry if I'm rushing into this...I've never asked to have a message of mine delivered before," she apologized.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:26 pm
Not a love note, huh? This was getting more and more interesting. She sat down with her tail neatly curled around her, smiling pleasantly at the other lioness. This might even be a fun message to carry. She did take her work seriously and wouldn't even dream about turning messages entrusted to her into gossip, but she liked knowing things.

"I'm sure we can work something out," she said, "It normally depends on the length and complexity of the message, how hard this person is to find and so on."

Hsiu Mei had no services she needed from a teacher this very moment, but it might come in handy to have the favor of one.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:22 pm
"Oh, thank you," she said, feeling much more relieved. "I would be pleased to work something out, just let me know when you need a favor or something."

She inhaled deeply, and exhaled slowly, to help calm her nerves. "His name is Yujin, and he's in the West House. He is only a hunter, so hopefully he won't be too difficult to find. A dark coat, but his colours warm out to his toes. Um." Just remembering the time she had spent with him was a little overwhelming for her. That lapse in judgement might become more than a one night tryst.

"Well, I'm hoping that you can pass on a message that he may need to expect some...um. Little ones in the future, I guess." She flushed very openly now. "I know there's nothing against it, but I feel....silly."

Annchen

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:39 pm
Hsiu Mei listened and nodded as Yeli described the lion she was tasked to find. Yujin the hunter. With the name and the description it shouldn't be too complicated to find him. The other lioness seemed a bit flustered, and it soon became apparent why.

Ohhh... Romance across the house borders! She was very excited to be a part of it, if only as the humble messenger. Forbidden romance was the best kind! Not that it was forbidden, but still... It was no harm in pretending that she was aiding in something a bit more exciting.

"That's lovely," she chirped, "I'm sure he'll be excited too! He might even move here to help, hmm?"

It might be a sore subject, or at least an embarrassing one, but Hsiu Mei was just curious and meant no real harm with her prying.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:55 pm
Yeli laughed. "I'm not sure....hopefully, but I don't want to put too much pressure on him. I certainly don't want to leave here, I love it too much."

Still...well, it mattered on what he would reply with. Probably one of the West's messengers would carry a message back. She couldn't expect Hsiu Mei to wait around for a reply, it would take a lot of thinking from the male.

"Well, regardless...it'll be nice to have little ones running around again." It had been a bit, and littles just made life fun, and stressful, and...everything.

"Thank you again, Hsiu Mei, I appreciate it."

Annchen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:35 pm
"I like it here too," Hsiu Mei said, "But it's perfect being a messenger, I can see other places but I always get to return here."

She had no special someone in her life at the moment, and cubs felt like a foreign concept. They were cute and all, but she couldn't see herself having any at the moment. Still, she nodded and smiled as Yeli spoke fondly about having cubs around. Some day she might too, but for now she planned to work on becoming an even better messenger.

"You're welcome. Time to go find Yujin the hunter," she said and inclined her head, "I'll let you know what he says."

And with that she jogged off.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

[IC] Tianxia Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas