jcl007149
Vice Captain

Rainbow Phantom

9,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 pm
Firstly, thank you for reading our latest issue!
We like to hear feedback from you, the readers, whether it is good or back because it lets us know what we are doing right and what we need to fix.

All we ask is that if there is something you didn't like about the magazine, that you give us constructive criticism rather than simple complaints. We can't fix issues if we don't know what to address.

Thank you once again 3nodding
Read it again?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:52 pm
I have to admit, even though it took a really long time to put out, I loved the issue. However I found quite a few typos and outdated information. (such as the MC part) I really enjoyed the art and theme as well as the how-to-make "good ol' pancakes".  

Harmonical Melodies
Vice Captain

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

Twilight Afternoon
Vice Captain

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:56 pm
The_Mistress_Of_Music
I have to admit, even though it took a really long time to put out, I loved the issue. However I found quite a few typos and outdated information. (such as the MC part) I really enjoyed the art and theme as well as the how-to-make "good ol' pancakes".

It happens when you are not sure when you don't know what time the issue would be out. Thank you for feedback.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:59 pm
Twilight Afternoon
The_Mistress_Of_Music

It happens when you are not sure when you don't know what time the issue would be out. Thank you for feedback.

I understand that, of course. 3nodding  

Harmonical Melodies
Vice Captain

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:36 pm
Headzone looks like it's meant to be a 2 page spread, but you have to flip the page instead to see the second part.

Advertising for writers, "detfianty"? Definitely is the word you want.

No shame in using a dictionary(.com) if you not sure how to spell a word. I used to think definitely was spelled differently also.

And then there is the theme... was it seven deadly sins? I saw that quite a lot...

But there wasn't a real flow... all the stories had their own look and feel, and some of them had distracting stuff in the backgrounds... it was just to chaotic. Keep things simple, and straight forward. Try to keep use of a lot of different fonts to only 2 fonts, for every article... 1 for title, and one easily readable one for the article itself. There might be special articles that could be used as a means of having some fancy title and a layout that doesn't follow the overall magazine layout theme...

Good example. Skim through and see how most pages take on a general page layout, but the special articles sway away from that. I know that may seem rude to some, but that is just how real magazines work, not everyone gets a fancy page, you have to select a few out of the many. Every article doesn't have to look fancy.

Do people get to make their own pages, or do the graphic artists work on different pages? I think the Graphics people need to work on a general layout of the whole magazine, can be different each time, to much some kind of theme, by do NOT overdo it. Keep things simple. Also, the Editor in Chief needs to pic which articles get those more "fancy" articles. But try to keep it to 2-3... maybe 4 if you have a lot of stories, but spread them out, do not bunch them together.

Also, main articles don't need to be straight at the front, they should be, from one magazine I know that always keeps it about the same each time, after page 14 area. Just a general idea.

Also that hot or not article is all pixelated...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:42 pm
Random magazine I found, that i like due to it's simplicity... people would read this because it's not complicated, it's straight to the point of what it's about with each article, with a few pictures to spice it up... but they don't go crazy, with unneeded backgrounds.

Also, don't get me wrong, you guys have done well so far.  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

Twilight Afternoon
Vice Captain

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:57 pm

b***h Slap magazine. Lovely use of a sample. Always good to hear from you but some time it isn't especially when you refer to GOM for your points. Other than that, we will keep everything in consideration as this was such a long wait. If you have any more details you can IM me and or PM me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:06 pm
Twilight Afternoon

b***h Slap magazine. Lovely use of a sample. Always good to hear from you but some time it isn't especially when you refer to GOM for your points. Other than that, we will keep everything in consideration as this was such a long wait. If you have any more details you can IM me and or PM me.

I know... It's hard to find magazines on issuu that I need as a good example...

GOM when Meji was in charge just works well. Ignore that it's competition, and just take it in as critiquing.

But that bitchslap one was truly random, and I looked through it, and thought "the simplicity works".  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

Twilight Afternoon
Vice Captain

Fashionable Regular

9,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:09 pm
Qyp
Twilight Afternoon

GOM when Meji was in charge just works well. Ignore that it's competition, and just take it in as critiquing.

But that bitchslap one was truly random, and I looked through it, and thought "the simplicity works".

Understand.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:09 pm
Twilight Afternoon
Qyp
Twilight Afternoon

Understand.

:3  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:14 pm
I guess I should point out some positives!

One is that it' good you guys are working hard at getting a lot of material, lots of good stuff in there. I also like it that you seem to have an issue them. That might help with coming up with an issue lay out, maybe each issue could have a new one with each theme.

The fancy backgrounds are NOT needed, to make it clear, they actually cause major distraction... rarely do I ever see that kind of thing in major magazines... maybe in the introduction.

I would say the best thing to do is ready a few different kinds of magazines, everyone, and then have a discussion on what the default layout should be. A brainstorming session is always good.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:44 pm
I loved the Seven Deadly Sins theme, glad that it was kept throughout the issue instead of concentrated to like 5 pages in the beginning. It's been mentioned already about the outdated info on MCs and stuff, though personally I didn't mind the old bundle info cause tbh I'd forgotten how cute the Island Sherbert hair was and this was a great reminder of some older items that still look great. Maybe you could showcase some older items in future issues intentionally, preferably ones that have been forgotten or are lesser known? I also really liked the real life crafts section =]  

The Nephilim Rosier

Cuddly Knife

42,775 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Survivor 150

Meia15

Codebreaking Genius

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 pm
Objection!

My art was featured in the magazine on pg 84 but my username was spelled wrong...
confused

Take that!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:28 pm
Meia15
Objection!

My art was featured in the magazine on pg 84 but my username was spelled wrong...
confused

Take that!

emotion_donotwant  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 am
Gonna ramble now~

K. Found some grammatical errors and some stuff is hard to read over the patterns underneath.

I really think, though, that it's shaping up to look more and more like a real magazine. And although I still skipped homework to read it, I don't find this as ....what's the word?... impressive? As compared to the previous issues. Either that or I'm slowly getting used to MGM Style (/refrains from dancing Gangnam Style).

On another note, I personally love the back and cover of the magazine. The gold is such eye candy~

Though I do think page numbers should be there with the titles on the cover of the page. So people who want to see particular things can go straight to where the eyes wander. Or put pages on the table of contents. That works too~

The variety of shindig in it is commendable though. I'm sure everyone will find something they like~

And maybe if it was a little more timely, it could be relevant to our shopping decisions. I particularly liked the Deadly Sins about the items and also the Buy/Avoid list.

And more drawing/digital/coloring lessons/how-to's would be nice :3nod  
The Lobby

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff