Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Help and Advice
What Am I?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Athena Spring

Friendly Genius

4,550 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:35 pm
I go by the title of straight as it's just the simplest thing, but, I'm not currently positive if I really am straight..it's complicated in that I like the opposite gender(men) and don't mind/love their genitalia, but, I'm also attracted to females, and could see myself in love with/in a relationship with one (and have been in a relationship with one if only but for a week..my parents forced me to break up with her and be straight but I continued to love her as her best friend whilst she was unknowing [we were best-friends before we went out [[rivals from 4th through 6th grade and then best friends starting in 6th grade ]] and now..well, we grew up and life has taken us down different paths what with college, growing apart, and all that])
[That was in 8th grade when we were in a relationship and my parents made me break up with her]
The only problem is that thinking about doing anything with the same gendered genetalia really makes my stomach churn. I may, but only if I really loved her, and maybe strap on so I don't have to touch anything..the thing is, if I'm in love with someone, I want to please them in all ways possible, and I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do that with a female.
I don't know what this would be considered: pansexual, bisexual, heterocurious, just really weird, or should I stick with "straight" as my title?
I just don't want to miss out on the opportunity of meeting my twin flame/one true love/person who completes me and what if that happens to be a female? I want to be open-minded, but at the same time, I'm trying not to puke from the thought of future sexual acts.
Please don't be offended about my feelings on same gendered genetalia, these are just my own feelings about myself.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:26 am
Tidal is all for everyone else to understand how you express you but in reality you are you and no words will make or change that.

I am more than happy to talk and listen if you ever need. PM ME.  

Luna Breeeze
Crew

Chatty Fairy

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

littletempest

Dapper Lunatic

4,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:12 pm
Not sure if this one is dead or not quite yet, but I'm a pansexual trans male.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:17 am
It sounds like you may be biromantic heterosexual. You are romantically interested in either gender but are only interested in being sexual with someone of the opposite sex. You could also be a bit heteroflexible which has many means, hence being flexible  

xChibi Cannibalx

Spoopy Kitten

Bits Of Silver
Crew

Sparkling Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:15 pm
Love is powerful and wonderful.

It does not require sex.

I have been fortunate that life has allowed me to become friends with a few people whom I love deeply and truly. Sex will not happen for different reasons per each.

What are you?
Human of course. So many labels, mostly unnecessary.

The important question is more of a life long quest really- and that is Who are you now, and who are you choosing to be. Are they who you WANT to be?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:49 pm
What Chibi said.
But labels are really just words. They don't mean anything, they're just descriptions to tell other people so they know what you're talking about. Everyone is different in exactly how that label relates to them and what it means to them. And then you can identify with a bunch of different labels if you want. Just say whatever is comfortable.
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you about what to call yourself- just focus on figuring out who you are and I'm sure you'll find a name for it.

Oh, and this is a lovely video about labels if you care to watch:
Linking, because the youtube thing is being stupid  

Ittarius

Noble Traveler

vann-haal13

Fashionable Explorer

3,650 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:55 am
Here's me as a 20 year old (adult?) telling you IT'S OK to not know. Holy s**t I was so confused for the longest time about myself and I had no idea what I was doing or what anything meant. I grew up in a MEGA conservative household so I thought you were either gay or straight. Then I thought you were gay, straight or bi.

For the longest time, I identified as straight even though I was super confused about my attractions to females and other genders. Reluctantly, I identified as bi. But you know what? I was wrong but that's because I was still discovering myself! And that's totally fine! Don't feel like you need a label or like you have to conform to anything. You're still figuring things out. Hell, I had no idea there was a label underneath aromantics that meant you confuse sexual, romantic and platonic feelings until last week. It describes me but hey I'm not worried about it.

It's because I know that one day, I'll come across an idea and go OH YEAH like I did with pansexuality or genderfluid. It takes time and you never ever stop discovering yourself. Sometimes it helps to have SOMETHING to cling onto. Trust me, all I knew was I was the queer kid in high school and it was super hard.

But don't feel afraid to explore yourself and others. The greatest adventures you can have exist between legs in my opinion. (Unless you're ace in which case, the greatest adventures you can have most likely lie elsewhere.) If you get squicked out by genetalia FINE. If you love genetalia then that's cool too.

Just don't feel like you have to pressure yourself into something or stick a label on things. You're totally fine the way you are doing your own thing.  
Help and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games