• Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:00 pm
Your players for this RP are:

User Image & User Image

Coldfeet & Pumbaa'Mlinzi XXXXXXXXX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:36 pm

Each step felt like agony, yet still she pushed on. Her feet were puffy, blistered, and probably damaged beyond repair but she couldn't stop. She had no where else to go, no one out here to help her. When she had left Dief, her feet had been fine. A little chapped, but nothing she hadn't experienced before, but soon after the two split ways the simple problem grew into something much worse. At times it felt like she couldn't go any further, but she knew if she could just find her parents everything would be fine. They would know exactly what to do, just like they always had. The only problem was, she had no idea where to find them. She had tried the area where she had left them, but just as her Father had warned, they were gone. A groan built in the wild dog's chest, but she ignored it, instead pushing herself ot focus every bit of her attention else where. Anywhere but in the pain in her legs.

Days went by, and her feet began to show little sign on improvement. In fact, if it was even possible, things were beginning to look worse for her. Her paw had turned a sickly color and it hurt to the touch. She couldn't go on anymore, she would just have to lie down, and hope beyond all hope that someone would stop and help her. Worried, Coldfeet glanced around the area in question. It looked like an abandoned wasteland, nothing but dead and dying bushes, no strong scents ... she was doomed.

Finally the wild dog allowed her emotions to run free, letting loose the horrible pain trapped within her heart. She lifted her head weakly to the sky and howled as best she could manage. The howls just kept coming, each one becoming more desperate and pained than the last. This couldn't be how things would end for her, all alone, without her family to wish her goodbye.

This ... was not .. how it was going ... to be.

Silence quickly enveloped the area once more as the female fell unconscious on the ground.

----

He hadn't been out long, only long enough to sniff the flowers along the pride's edge. It was something he enjoyed doing while his sight was intact, and with his recent concoction he had his sight back for a bit. Mlinzi leaned forward, careful not to trip himself over the various obstacles splayed out across the ground near him. Mostly tree roots and vines, but there were quite a few bones littering the area too. It seemed someone had taken to hunting in this area, he would have to keep an eye out for any danger.

As the male bent forward, allowing the intoxicating scent of one aprticular flower to waft into his nose something else caught his attention. It was far off and very faint. Weak and exhauasted too it sounded like. He knew those cries all too well, they were the cries of the injured, the cries of the sickly. It took only a moment for his instincts to kick in, and in that blink of an eye he was gone. Leaving nothing but a small dust cloud in his wake. For a split second he was grateful for his sight, but soon pushed it off as he eyed every direction he could. His ears were much stronger, thanks to his loss of sight, and it took him only half the time it would take a scout to find the problem.

There in the dead center of the field was a large brown lump, a few small howls slipped from its lips before it went completely limp. Shocked, Mlinzi took a glance around the area before proceeding forward. Everything seemed safe enough. Without much more thought into it, he walked forward, as he got closer being able to tell just what he was dealing with. It was a female wild dog, with some sort of abrasions to her paws. What had she been doing to cause this? Glancing over each paw, he noted the same pattern on each one. It was something he'd never seen before ... but he would try his best to fix it. Gently he nudged the body of the female, hoping to snap her out of her sleep but nothing. Sighing heavily, the male bent down and gently took the scruff of her neck in his teeth, and tugged her behind the nearest group of bushes. Looking around him, he tried to figure out a way to wake her. If her could just get some information from her, then perhaps he could better treat her injuries ...

What luck!

A small pond just to the west!

He felt guilty to leave her so unprotected and vulnerable, but also knew she wasn't going to get any better unless he woke her up. Quickly he trotted off to the lake, soon returning with a leaf of water.

The male cringed away, mumbling a small 'sorry' before allowing the contents of the leaf to spill all over the female's face.

----

It was like a shock to her system, and immediately she snapped awake, every joint on her body alive with adrenaline. WHAT WAS HAPPENING? She hardly had time to focus before she began to panic. The trembles began first, followed by the eerie sensation that she was being watched. A small glance to her right told her she was corrent, there standing over her was a large lion.

"HOLY - GEEZ MAN!

WHO ARE YOU? BACK UP - YOU'RE TOO CLOSE!"

Obviously these were words one typically wouldn't say to someone of such an obvious size advantage, but she was in shock and wasn't thinking clearly. She took deep breaths, trying to regain her calm, but nothing seemed to work. THERE WAS A LION STANDING OVER HER.

"I'm not dead yet, no dinner for you." She growled the words as she scooted away from him, the pain in her paws instantly sending her into a mess right in front of him. "But I don't think you'll have to wait much longer anyway." She frowned the words, all the while trying to get a feel for this lion. So far he'd said nothing. Merely stood over her, not moving, somewhat fixated on her paws.

"You OK in there? Helloooo?" Regretfully she raised a paw and waved it in front of the lion's face.

---

He was lost in thought, completely foxued on her paws. He'd never seen such a thing before, well he had, but this seemed to be a little different than 'too much walking.' As he continued to stare he began to form ideas in his head for how to help this poor girl. She was obviously in pain, he was an expert at this, she wasn't going to get away with anything around him.

As her paw waved loosely before his eyes, the male swiftly grabbed hold of it. He held tight, forecful enough to let her know not to move, but gentle enough to not hurt her. Leaning in for a closer look he nearly stuck the paw in his own eye.

"Mmmmhmmm"

"I think I can help you. But for me to help you, I need you to help me."

Mlinzi unlocked his focus from her paw and into her eyes.

"I need your eyes, and you need my paws. Or would you rather become vulture chow?"

Usually he wasn't so forceful, but right about now her condition called for a bit more sincerity than he typically showed.

----

Coldfeet inhaled a deep breath as the male grabbed her paw. What was he going to do to her? She cringed away from him, just waiting for the final blow to come. But instead he talked to her.

"H-Help me? You can't help this, I don't even know what it is!" She whined pathetically as she snatched her paw back from his grip. But as she looked into his eyes she could see concentration, he was really serious wasn't he? She really didn't want to become vulture chow ... but on the other hand could she really trust him?

Really she didn't have a choice here.

"Alright ... BUT NO FUNNY BUSINESS!"

WORDCOUNT: 1409 [ give or take 20 for coding ]

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Kitwana'antara Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff