Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The World As We Know It | real world
[1x1] Cel/Johnny - My Evolution Is To Shoot For The Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobaTJ
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:52 pm
"Jesus!" Johnny laughed, throwing his head back in delight and rolling his eyes, "See, back in the army we just called those 'Sweet Jesus', and I'm not sure but I think your concoction might, uh... pffft. Kill a man?"

He laughed again and shook his head, taking a sip of his beer and leaning back as their food arrived. He began to eat before he spoke again. It struck him that he hadn't eaten since breakfast and had worked nearly a double. His stomach screamed to continue, but he was trying his damndest to not scarf his noodles in front of a pretty lady.

These being the circumstances, however, made this question perhaps the most difficult yet.

"That's a loaded gun... hm." The man got a thoughtful expression, tilting his head and briefly peering up at the ceiling. "Hm." There was another lapse of silence filled with the soft sounds of conversation and chewing.

"Well, that's hard. There's things that bring back a lot of nostalgia for me, but it can kind of be whittled down to components? and then Japanese food is a whole animal about half of the time, so if it was what is my current food currently, it's pretty hard to find fresh fruit out here. I mean... there's a lot of Japanese-inspired cuisine I grew up with. I ate a lot of katsu in my youth. I'm actually not a big fan of pork... let's see. Right now, very basic favorites... tempura? Tempura almost anything. Lighter fare preferred. Long-term? Saimin, for sure. It's been years, and there's so much nostalgia." Something seemed to have struck him, and he smiled warmly, peering down through the table a moment. He took another bite, having completely forgotten that they were playing a game.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:33 pm
Cel had to laugh some. "I wish that weren't most people's reaction, but it is. It's pretty potent. You know with a well made Walk Me Down, you can only have a certain amount. You can have like two of mine. Maybe three if you're a season drinker before you kinda collapse." She grinned and shrugged her shoulders. "I only pull it out for myself or if someone really needs to get drunk very quickly."

She watched him remember things seemingly very fondly. She smiled and put her chin on her palm watching him. He was pretty handsome when he smiled like that. She tilted her head to the side and murmured. "I hate to interrupt the nice memory, but what the hell is Saimin?"

Ruyail
Captain

Malevolent Shapeshifter

bobaTJ
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:41 pm
"Hm...? Oh!" Johnny rejoined Cel in the land of the living and smiled to her, "Right, sorry. It's a noodle disk in dashi, pork, green onions, other stuff like kamaboko and Spam, but I'm really not fond of either. It's a handover cure, among other things." He laughed slightly.

"Mom made it all the time, because it was easy. When Dad was deployed, it was a staple. Dad was the chef in the family, Ma not so much. It was different every time. Hell, they even have it at McDonalds in Hawaii. It's better home-made, though." He sipped his beer and nodded, finished with his story. It may not do him well to share too much with a near-stranger; some people didn't like it. Cel seemed like less of a stranger than a new buddy, though.

"... I lost count. Um-- how about you? Favorite Japanese dish?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:23 pm
"Spam? I'm terrified of potted meat. It's like my worst nightmare wrapped in an unknown meaty meat." She laughed some and shrugged her shoulders. I was with you until the Spam. Even if I don't know what dachi or kama-whatever is." She nodded and smiled. "I'm that way with Romanian food. Most of it is inedible to everyone else, but it tastes and smells like home."

"Favorite Japanese dish? I don't really have one? Anything vegetarian I suppose." She shrugged her shoulders and tried to think. "I don't know what number we're on either." She laughed some and leaned her head to the side. "What do you want to do most right at this very moment?"  

Ruyail
Captain

Malevolent Shapeshifter

bobaTJ
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:37 pm
Johnny just laughed.

"Spam is a huge deal in Hawaii, horribly enough. I can't stand the stuff, and neither could Ma. Dad would eat it with a fork, though." It was then that he realized that he hadn't spoken of his family so openly in years. it felt... very nice. Cathartic, almost. "Dashi is miso-soup-base, and kamaboko are those scary pink and white blended fish logs in the supermarket. Scary stuff."

As Cel posed her next question, however, he went silent. He tilted his head minimally in response to hers and straightened to just arch a brow at her. What did he want to do most right now? Hopefully his hesitation would be taken for cheekiness rather than his actual worries. There were a lot of things he'd like to be doing right now, and a fair few involved people who'd rather spectacularly leaped off the mortal coil and a couple more who just weren't a part of his life at the moment.

"Go home to my girlfriend," he offered, eyes widening in an 'as if' gesture as he sipped his beer, "No girlfriend, though, so I don't think that counts. I wish my buddies were here. Squadmates, maybe. I miss them some days." he sighed and took another swig. Alright, this was getting too deep too quickly.

"Any pets? If not, what's one you'd love to have?"

The World As We Know It | real world

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces