Submit

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 pm
          Kyli sat at the tables eating silently. Although she had spoken to many of the candidates and become friends with some of the riders, she still didn't have anyone she considered close and so she sometimes ate alone. It wasn't fun, it was in fact very lonely, but then again it gave her time to think to herself and wonder about what was to come. Kyli sand to herself quietly as she ate, half of her mind on her song and the other half on what she would be teaching the brats later on.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:58 am
Diedre was MOST DEFINITELY not tired.
She couldn't afford to be.
She was behind most of the starcraft apprentices here, and if she wanted to catch up, she had to work hard on studying her constellations.

Eventually though.
She had to eat. Her stomach complained and complained and finally, with a great deal of annoyance and a headache, she made her way to the tables.

She got her food and sat down, a bit preoccupied.
And not by work at all.

A turn.
Had it been only a turn since Shenja had saved her life?

She stared at her Klah in silence, not noticing the other person nearby.
She put the Klah back on the table, untouched, and closed her eyes for a moment, rubbing them.

She had noticed the day while training, but it had only sunk in at this moment.
Today was the anniversary of the day Shenja had died.
She fought back the surge of memories. No. That was inefficient. She could not let those memories destroy her.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:18 pm
          When Diedre sat next to Kyli she went to say hello, but the other girl seemed so preoccupied that she didn't even notice her or acknowledge her. She was pretty good at picking up on peoples emotions, and there just seemed to be something off about her. Part of Kyli thought maybe it was best if she left the other girl alone. Not everyone liked to be mothered, then again maybe this girl needed it. Ah the decision was killing her, but she decided to speak up.

"Your a candidate, right? I think I've seen you around. I'm Kyli. Have you been here long?" she said holding her hand out for the other girl. It seemed like a pretty good introduction. It would get the girl talking and maybe into a better mood. Then again there was always the chance that the girl would tell her off and leave, but hey she hoped for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:30 am
Someone was talking to her. She opened her eyes.
She couldn't let others see her like this. Her authority (which wasn't much, she had to admit) would be undermined.
She had to be strong.
She had to stay strong.
She honestly didn't want to talk, but it would be rude not to. Didi wanted to ensure a good impression of herself- it would make things easier in the long run.

"Yes I am a candidate." she said politely, arranging herself in a dignified manner, "My name is Diedre. I am a starsmith apprentice."
Like hell was she going to let her cute little pet name out.
"No. I have not been here long." a moments hesitation.
"And what of you?"

Actually, talking wasn't so bad. It put the sadness out of her head, which was good.
So long as she kept it formal...  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 pm
          She nodded, very relieved that the girl answered her and didn't didn't just ignore her. That would have been both displeasing and embarrassing at the same time.

Starsmith. That was interesting, she didn't have much experience with them. "I am a Harper Journeyman, and neither have I. Maybe two sevensday at the very most. Do you like it here at the Weyr?" she asked hoping to keep up the conversation with the other girl. For some reason she felt the girl would benefit from talking and no being in her own head at that very moment. Kyli knew what that was like and wished she had someone to talk to her when she was like that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am
"... its fine."
Diedre hesitated, then elaborated. "The weyr is vibrant and there is much to do. It's comfortable here."
She couldn't say whether she liked it or not. She felt... Restless. Often. Restless and adrift.
She was determined to give Starcraft a damn good try but... She just didn't feel anchored yet.
No place was close to home for her. Home was the people she had left.
"Do you like being a harper?" It was an odd question for Didi to ask, but today of all days found her at her most lost.
Maybe she would be a harper?
No. She had promised herself that she would stick with starcraft as long as possible. The people here put up with her lack of experience (at seventeen!) and she would not repay their tolerance with flippancy.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:29 am
          Kyli nodded. She didn't really answer the question outright, which was an answer in itself. "Yes, there is never a dull momement here. That is one of my favorite things about the Weyr." she agreed. When the girl asked if she liked being a Harper she smiled. This was something she could talk about for days at a time. "I love it. I specialize in singing and playing instarments, but I also love the teaching aspect of it. To me as a Harper you can do so many things, it's not limited. If I don't impress, and even if I do really, I hope to go as far as get my masters." she said proudly. She was proud of her craft. "And you? I don't have much experience with starcraft I must admit. What is it like?" she questioned.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:25 pm
"It does sound... freeing..."
She commented thoughtfully. She finally regained enough resolve to drink her Klah.
"That is a very good goal to have. You have quite the ambitions, and a job that you are happy with." More than she could say for herself.

"Starcraft is... Many late nights. Star charts. Calculations." It was a lot more things than that, actually, but either way it was at times facinating and at times tedious.
She wasn't sure if she would stay an apprentice in this craft.
She changed the subject.
"Tell me more about yourself."
She had a feeling she was about to open a pandoras box. Oh dear.
But now that someone was talking to her, she really just wanted them to keep talking. It was better than Klah.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:57 pm
          "It is." she said happily when Diedre said that it sounded freeing. She had never thought of it as freeing, but when Diedre said that she realized that it was. When she was called ambitions she nodded. Yes she had big goals for her life, she wasn't happy just sitting around and staying with her Journeyman's rank like most. No, she would be talked about for years to come.

When she talked about Starcraft Kyli nodded. She would spend the night with the Master of the craft to find out more. It seemed interesting. The girl surprised her when she asked her to talk about herself. That wasn't where she thought the conversation was going. "Well I was born here at the Weyr, my parents are riders. I have many siblings from my father that I don't know, and one by my mother whom I adore. I left for the Harperhall for a young age and I was there until the day that I was searched. Now I am back here. What about yourself?" her life wasn't all the exciting and there wasn't much to tell about.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:14 pm
Diedre listened intently and politely.
Born at the weyr... that must have been interesting and... stable.
She had had a few half siblings by her father, whom she and Shenja had met on the road, but none were really remarkable. They weren't Shenja's... they weren't on his level of dynamic quality.

"Me?" she took the oppurtunity to drink her Klah and buy herself some time to respond. She didnt want to talk about herself. Because then, Shenja would likely come up. She wanted to put him out of her head until she went to bed, when thoughts of him would return anyway...
How he would curl up so easily next to her in their tent (there weren't so many tents that the would have their own individual tents), how sweet his sleeping face had been, how mischievously his eyes glimmered when he was on watch... how someone would be missing socks the next day...
No.

"... I'm not that interesting." she said, putting down her empty Klah cup. "Tell me more about the Harper Hall." she said, giving the harper a small smile and resting her head on her hand.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:15 pm
          Kyli awaited the other girls answer and when none come she was a little taken aback. Not that interesting? Now that sounded like someone who was hiding something. "Oh come on, I'm sure that isn't true. What about how you came to be, as a candidate. Were you searched here or far away?" she asked hoping to get the girl to open up. It wasn't any fun having a one sided conversation.

When the girl asked about the HarperHall she smiled. "Much like the Weyr there is never a dull moment. Everyone has their own talents, after all Harper are many different things, and there are a lot of lessons to make you as well rounded as possible." it was a harper's job to know things, at least a little something about everything.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:08 am
Harpercraft was sounding better and better to Didi.
It sounded like something she could do, maybe.

"I was Searched here, as I was a starcraft apprentice by that time." she said.
She felt she owed the girl a longer answer, though. It wasn't fair to have such a one-sided conversation.

"I felt that, as someone of the right age, it was my duty to enter Candidatehood. I had never had the oppurtunity before, so I wanted to at least have this chance to carry out that duty."

Even though thread was no longer, it was still an obligation, a gesture of respect. She didn't know that dragons went between if not impressed, but she had had it instilled that Standing was the duty of all Pernese citizens able to do so and chosen to do so.

"I found the Touching facinating. There are minds inside those shells. Minds, not nothing."
She steepled her hands thoughtfully, "You don't think of eggs as being anything more than round, breakable things until they hatch, but these were more than that."
A small, brief flash of a smile graced her face before fading away.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:50 pm
          Kyli listened, happy that the other girl was speaking about herself more then before. Maybe she felt more comfortable around Kyli, which was she hoped was the case. When she felt it was her duty to become a candidate Kyli nodded. Yes, she did not agree with people being searched and not coming unless they had a amazing reason. That could be the reason why certain baby dragons betweened, because the ones that were meant for them never came when they were searched... She had never thought of it that way before...

When Diedre started talking about the touching she nodded. "Yes it is one thing to have always been told that they show themselves, but it was something entirely new to experience it myself. If I was the story writing type of Harper it would have defiantly inspired a story. So many personalities!" she said with a smile.

(I thought this was before the touching? I put in the touching that she had talked to Didi before.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 am
"So what sort of Harper are you, then?"
Asked Diedre, legitimately curious. What if she was a harper? Would they accept apprentices at her age?
She almost doubted it. She would be craftless, she bet. She sincerely hoped not. Being such a... low person as that would be beneath her, she thought.
If she had to go home to be a productive member of society, she would, even if home was never any particular place and it all felt bloodstained. Surely by the time she was so discouraged as to return that grief would have faded.
"Are you to be a teacher, or a musician...?

(I thought it happened after... Nice save though!)  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

a pet dino

Brainy Bookworm

22,990 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:12 pm
          Well that was a hard question. Harper's were trained to be many things all at once. Informants, musicians, teachers, peace keepers. If it didn't have its own craft it was likely that it was something that Harper's did. "Actually good guesses, a little of both. I am primarily a musician, both singing and playing the harp. However I am teaching at the creche right now and I've taught at a few minor holds." she said nodding. She had been an informant before, she was pretty good at getting information from people, but that wasn't what she did mostly and it wasn't something she told most people.

(IC) Calderra Weyr

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff