Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Nintendo 3DS Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where all the Nintendo 3DS owners can come together. 

Tags: Nintendo 3DS, Friend Codes, N3DS, Nintendo, Mario 

Reply Game Hints and Easter Eggs, (Discussion and Game help)
Fire Emblem Awakening (*Spoiler Alert Warning*)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 pm
Fire Emblem Awakening, Game Help and Discussion Thread,

Warning, this thread may contain spoilers, if you dont want to see this information, leave this thread immediately.

Oh and one more thing...
Any Tips, Tricks, and DLC information will be greatly appreciated.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:33 pm
It's good to see someone already made this thread, I was about to.

Now that I have the game all of my previous questions/concerns have been answered.

"Marth's" Voice makes sense now.... but now I have other questions.... I'll figure them out while playing I guess.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:09 pm
XrosHeartless

Now that I have the game all of my previous questions/concerns have been answered.

"Marth's" Voice makes sense now.... but now I have other questions.... I'll figure them out while playing I guess.

sweatdrop Good thing I didn't spoil that one! It threw me for a complete loop.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm
Maxmel
XrosHeartless

sweatdrop Good thing I didn't spoil that one! It threw me for a complete loop.

I kind of guessed it a few chapters before that. But Nintendo themselves kind of spoiled it. In the reveal trailer for Shin Megami Tensai X Fire Emblem they show regular Marth and this new 'Marth' meaning they're separate characters.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:35 am
Before I forget, what is with people's feet in this game!? They're so small, it's like everyone has hooves.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:32 pm
XrosHeartless
Before I forget, what is with people's feet in this game!? They're so small, it's like everyone has hooves.

Only one other game comes to mind when I read that statement, Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light...

I wonder if the same character designer helped with this game... i could be wrong.  

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:59 pm
Maxmel
XrosHeartless

Only one other game comes to mind when I read that statement, Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light...

I wonder if the same character designer helped with this game... i could be wrong.

I never played that one. But I forget about it while I'm in battles, but every time. EVERY TIME there's dialouge I look down at the character models and go OPDignip3ihanvpeofdsnbf;o! THE FEET! It's so weird!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:22 am
I must really suck because I had to start all over from the beginning, I got to chapter 17 before the game started royally kicking my a** but I noticed a huge difficulty spike a few chapters before so I must be doing it wrong or something.

I'm on normal Casual mode if that tells you anything stare

I've also never actually finished a Fire Emblem game.....  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:40 am
and THEN a ******** CHALLENGE level, what I assume is for grinding and leveling does nothing but kick the s**t out of me! Need I remind you I started over and I'm in the first five minuets of the game. I didn't change difficulty settings or anything, what the ******** starting to think I'm no good at this stare

I'm just so frustrated, I find something really satisfying about these games when I'm "doing it right" but I just don't know how to "do it right because the game is constantly kicking my a** on the easiest difficulty setting. The one that's supposed to be for newcomers.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:39 pm
XrosHeartless
and THEN a ******** CHALLENGE level, what I assume is for grinding and leveling does nothing but kick the s**t out of me! Need I remind you I started over and I'm in the first five minuets of the game. I didn't change difficulty settings or anything, what the ********!?

I'm starting to think I'm no good at this stare

I'm just so frustrated, I find something really satisfying about these games when I'm "doing it right" but I just don't know how to "do it right because the game is constantly kicking my a** on the easiest difficulty setting. The one that's supposed to be for newcomers.

Hmm, one of the things I have been doing is working on increasing the levels of each character Induvidually while at the same time , So I stopped myself between chapters to do that, also heres a tip for getting gold quick;y

1 Find the shop on the map that sells Reeking Boxes, buy 1 every 500 gold you get or 2 every 1000 gold you get, its best to sell some weaker items or rare items first to have some thing to start off with

2 Use the reeking boxes on ch 1 - 4 points on the map to make the risen appear

3, look for Risen that have Bullion (S) on them and kill them, if they are carrying any other item, get that too and sell it only if it's common and you really don't need it

4 Defeat all enemies and if you have a second Reeking Box DO the same step as 2-3, Collect as many of those Bullion (S) as you can while selling Lower class weapons and such you get from those battles the higher the chapter point on the map you use the boxes on the tougher and rarer the items, (I got some powerful spell books this way)

5* When you've got enough of those Bullion (S) sell them at any market, to make a huge profit, then repeat that whole process as needed though it takes some time*

*Its best to do this when you've got over 5000 gold by selling weaker items (if you choose to do that) you can increase more gold, and buy more Reeking Boxes, do the Outworld quests if you are looking for more items to SELL you get in battles, but keep the ones you find useful,  

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Maxmel
Vice Captain

Wealthy Millionaire

6,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:45 pm
Oh I forgot to mention, When using Reeking Boxes to Train Characters, whatever Risen appear on the map after the use of one Determines the ones you will see mostly on the battlefield, so make sure you use the appropriate characters to fight them, each time you defeat risen that randomly appear or the ones from the Reeking boxes you gain 10 Renown Points! doing this constantly adds more and more points, allowing you to get more powerful stuff, I stopped in the game after Chapter 7 just to level the characters I have gotten so far, and work on getting them to thier final classes, My Avatar is so strong I can do SOLO Battles with him.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:14 pm
Maxmel
Oh I forgot to mention, When using Reeking Boxes to Train Characters, whatever Risen appear on the map after the use of one Determines the ones you will see mostly on the battlefield, so make sure you use the appropriate characters to fight them, each time you defeat risen that randomly appear or the ones from the Reeking boxes you gain 10 Renown Points! doing this constantly adds more and more points, allowing you to get more powerful stuff, I stopped in the game after Chapter 7 just to level the characters I have gotten so far, and work on getting them to thier final classes, My Avatar is so strong I can do SOLO Battles with him.
What it sounds like is that I have to abuse the game's mechanics and grind and I hate doing that stare

My avatar was pretty high level, and he kept getting killed, almost constantly. Even on my restart I'm suddenly struggling to keep characters alive if only to get some experience but I haven't changed difficulty settings yet battles I breezed through before are suddenly kicking my a**.  

XrosHeartless

Wrathful Shade

Game Hints and Easter Eggs, (Discussion and Game help)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games