Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
being around anti gay people is paying off

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:03 am
ive posted before about how my boss and his wife dont really agree with gay rights because of their beliefs. well after months of talking about how hot some girls are my boss and his wife finaly know that im bi, and they asked me questions about it. not condicending questions, but curious ones.

i think that because they got to like me as a person first then found out im bi they are realizing that not all gay people are hellbound sinners. the best part is, my boss and his wife havent treated me any dfferently since finding out.

so yes, being friends with people who dont agree with gay rights can be a good thing, because sometimes you can help educate the hate out of someone.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:30 am
Shanna66
ive posted before about how my boss and his wife dont really agree with gay rights because of their beliefs. well after months of talking about how hot some girls are my boss and his wife finaly know that im bi, and they asked me questions about it. not condicending questions, but curious ones.

i think that because they got to like me as a person first then found out im bi they are realizing that not all gay people are hellbound sinners. the best part is, my boss and his wife havent treated me any dfferently since finding out.

so yes, being friends with people who dont agree with gay rights can be a good thing, because sometimes you can help educate the hate out of someone.

This is really true. : )
I'm glad you opened their eyes to the fact that we're not, "all hellbound sinners."  

Farzine

Shameless Lover

9,900 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Nick the Knack

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:45 am
That's absolutely wonderful! I had similar experiences when first coming out of the closet (at 18, I'm 20 now) and it's an incredible feeling!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:12 pm
well that's nice. congratulations.  

Spardel Shinobi

Sublime Creature

vashboosle

Fashionable Genius

6,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Love Machine 150
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:04 pm
I'm very happy to hear that for you. heart