AIM RP log

Nguvu - Zohwhee
Ainra & Su - Kimaria

---

Nguvu was resting. Inbetween patrolling the borders, and speaking with his sisters, nothing else happened. Not really. He had to admit that whilst keeping the pride safe was his priority, he had assumed perhaps, they'd be a little more... adventure.

When he had happened upon his old pride again, he was covered from head to toe in mud, and had just killed a crocodile that had decided to take him on. He was a big lion, but not ferocious. Nguvu had a more gentle side that he was sure others seemed to think. He made sure to show it, but he knew that some of the other lionesses, despite reassurance, were still intimidated by him.

He was lounging near the mouth of his den, rolled onto his back with his soft muscular legs flailing slightly in the air. With all that bulk and fur he looked like an giant cub.

---

An amused ambassador looked on as the Inselelo reclined; the faintest of smiles decorating her face. What a strange male! So fierce and yet so...so placid. It was a strange combination and not one she was very familiar with. In her homeland lions had been fierce and proud. And yet he exuded an air of calm that she found quite extraudinary.

"Look at him there." She declared in a loud voice, so that he would here. "See, Ainra? The great crocodile slayer is as gentle as a cub."

Her shy companion gave a squeak and waved a shushing paw in Su's direction.

Su gave a dainty laugh in response and moved over the the pale, sandy lion. "We meet again, Nguvu." She declared.

---

Nguvu was in such a state of trance, that Su's voice made him jump. He rolled over quickly and jumped to his feet with a large smile. He was glad to see that not everyone other than his sisters were afraid to approach him. The large pale lion bowed his head gently. "So we do! Su, Ainra, it is nice to see you again." He looked from one to the other.

These two lionesses were so different, yet they seemed to spend alot of their time together. Sometimes, Nguvu wondered if Su was acting as a kind of bodyguard, as sorts, to Ainra. He didn't know, so he simply began to look around idly. "What are you doing today then?" He asked simply.

---

In truth, Ainra had offered to give Su another hunting lesson and it was this that their friendship was built upon. Being a privileged youth, Su had never learnt more than the basics, preferring to let others do the hard work on her behalf. Here, however, every lioness was involving in the hunting and she did not want to shame herself or her pride by failing consistently to pull her weight.

And, for all that she was timid, Ainra was an exceptional huntress, though she had had to learn quickly out in the rogue lands.

"We're going to investigate the herd situation." Su explained easily. "It's vital to keep on top of them, to track their movements." Or so she had been told.

Ainra simply nodded in agreement.

"And you? What has tired out our Inselelo, so?"

---

He shook both of his great long legs and sighed. He was one of those lions that once in a certain position, his muscles tended to seize up. It always took him awhile to get comfortable, but when he did he was usually able to fall asleep with ease. He didn't spend much time resting though, he was usually on guard, and ever so slightly overprotective. He nodded "Very wise, Su. I have heard you are quite the huntress, Ainra." Nguvu tended to have quite a work oriented mindset when he was talking to others, especially as he was still relatively new.

"Well, I have been taking a lot of time to roam the borders, and so far no-one has tried to cross me." He did act somewhat as a guard more than anything, but he didn't mind that at all. "I'm not an entirely complicated individual." He chuckled.

---

Ainra would have blushed if such a thing would possible, her head sinking down a little further. The nervousness seemed to be giving way a little though. Perhaps he wasn't as scary as she had first thought?

"I'm glad there has been no trouble. I believe there has been quite enough of that already. Some have still not quite recovered from our enthralling migration." She blinked her fiery eyes. "But it's good to hear you are settling well. I have no doubt that you are earning your keep." And if he had a sister, that meant he had been born hear initially? Yes, she thought so.

"What is it like being home again after so long?"

---

Nguvu nodded again, his large mane framing his face. It seemed to grow a little longer and thicker than the other lions he had encountered. Then again he seemed thicker in general.

"Trouble is something that should be avoided at all costs, and I suppose that's my job now, you should feel better now you have a protector." He winked. Being back with his sisters was unusual, but it still felt right.

"It is unusual. I was alone for quite a while in the Roguelands. I am grateful because it made me tougher, but I have missed Nyesui and Hadharani very much. It felt like I'd taken a long holiday, or a pilgrimage. As much as I understand the tradition of my home, I still feel like I belong here."

---

Su nodded. "It is difficult to be away from what you know. I have struggled with that myself, I must admit, though I feel I am finally beginning to settle here. My sisters have accepted me as one of their own." Or most of them had. "And it is refreshing to live life in a different manner. Not a day goes past when my eyes are not opened to new things when I am here."

She smiled. "I'm glad you found your way back here. I like to think that these things have a way of working out."

Ainra's brow had furrowed during talk of family but she said nothing, her mind elsewhere.

"I wonder if, when I finally return home, the desert will feel strange to me." Su continued.

---

"There is no way to know for sure." Nguvu mused. "I think sometimes in life, we believe we are happy somewhere, sometimes we settle for less than the best. But when we find that one true place that we really belong, even if we have left it before, it is the best feeling." Within him was the dull ache of knowing he would have to leave the Bonelands again someday. It would be equally as hard then.

He turned his olive eyes towards the Firekin female. "If you ever wish to talk about such things, you know where I am."

It was the first time he had extended anything other than something professional to one of the lionesses. He figured sooner or later it would be time to befriend those in the pride, and he had wanted to since his return. He smiled to Ainra gently, too. "And you miss, should you ever need anything."

---

"I do indeed." She replied with a smile. She liked this lion with his strange combination of fierceness and gentleness. Maybe someday, Ainra would like him, too. "Don't be a stranger now, hm? The more you show your face the sooner the others will become comfortable in your presence." It had worked for her, at least.

Ainra, looking even more bashful, simply gave a short nod of her head and mumbled a soft: "Yes, Inselelo."

Su laughed. "Come on, Ainra. Let's get going before the herds disappear completely." She gave her friend a gentle shove and dipped her head in farewell, before striding off across the open landscape. Ainra was a little slower in moving off, her eyes studying Nguvu for a moment.

Had she gotten him wrong?

And then, sheepishly, she took off after her red-pelted companion.

/fin