Pokemon RP?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:49 am
Well with RP week going on, I've considered bringing one of my games over here. But my games tend to be what people here call literate level, with lots of background data. I feel like stuff should be explained before throwing players into one of my worlds.

Anyhow... how many people would be interested in a Pokemon RP? Most of the ones I have saved cause I liked them are Pokemon related. I have one that's PMD in nature which focuses on Eevees and one that was inspired by Pokemon Colosseum (one of my personal favorites). Plus, I've been developing a Pokemon mage system, where the human Trainers are capable of using magic with the help of their Pokemon. But I'm still hammering out details on that last one (maybe not in time for this week...) and it would be really in-depth.

I'm most likely to bring over the Colosseum one, unless you girls would like to try one of the other two.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 am
I'd be down with Pokemon RPs! 4laugh

I don't know much about Colosseum (sadly never got around to playing it ; u ; ) but the others sound intriguing to the maximum! Quote me if you decide to make them, I'd totally join asap! ^ w ^  

Lorem Corpus

Manly Shoujo

11,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:32 am
Lorem Corpus

I don't know much about Colosseum (sadly never got around to playing it ; u ; ) but the others sound intriguing to the maximum! Quote me if you decide to make them, I'd totally join asap! ^ w ^

Yay!

Colosseum has the Shadow Pokemon, which are abused until they end up cursed with madness and hyper-aggression so that they get more powerful due to how viciously they attack. The point of the game is to purify them, making them normal again. That RP is fun because I encourage developing the bonds between Trainers and Pokemon.

Hmm, the Eevee one is fun too, but it'll definitely need several players even if I par it down. I added Eevees for other types to that one!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:28 am
User Image User Image

I too wouldn't mind joining one. But, I haven't played Colosseum yet, so I might not be able to make it up to your expectations sweatdrop

User ImageUser Image

jiniistrawberii
Crew

Feral Fatcat

TheCourteJester

Adored Sex Symbol

19,140 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:39 pm
if you have a system for pokemon battles and such then yes i would love to join!!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm
Lorem Corpus

Since you ask, the Pokemon Mage game is up! biggrin  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Senente

Married Wife

10,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 am
I love pokemon RPs. I am doing one in one of my other guilds and I love it. I am also writing my own pokemon fanfiction of when Giovanni returns and takes over the Shawnee Island region and makes it illegal for women to have pokemon as pets and as partners. I love how it's starting to develop.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:27 am
Senente
I love pokemon RPs. I am doing one in one of my other guilds and I love it. I am also writing my own pokemon fanfiction of when Giovanni returns and takes over the Shawnee Island region and makes it illegal for women to have pokemon as pets and as partners. I love how it's starting to develop.

I like them too (although I do most of my rp-ing on a Pokemon fansite, so that influences things0. That sounds like an unusual fanfic. I mean, the Pokemon world is rather good about gender equality, even if stereotypes are all over the place. But they exist on the male side too, so I never saw it as misogynistic.  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

sea elephants

Clean Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:05 pm
totes into this colosseum pokerp. = u= i haven't played it in a long time, but i'm still up for it ~!!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:45 pm
sea elephants
totes into this colosseum pokerp. = u= i haven't played it in a long time, but i'm still up for it ~!!

Nice to see another Colosseum fan around. biggrin It was a fun game. Due to earlier comments, I put the Pokemon mage game up instead. Haven't seen any posts for that one, though. I hope it's not due to how much info is there, because both of the other games have just as much background data to get started. I like world-building xd  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

Senente

Married Wife

10,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:06 pm
Ysavvryl
Senente

I like them too (although I do most of my rp-ing on a Pokemon fansite, so that influences things0. That sounds like an unusual fanfic. I mean, the Pokemon world is rather good about gender equality, even if stereotypes are all over the place. But they exist on the male side too, so I never saw it as misogynistic.

If you really think hard on it, it almost goes back to generation one with Red and Blue when they made it for the GameBoy and the trainer was a male. Yellow was put out to have the player have the same story line as Ash and the main cause is for the GameBoy Color.

Silver and Gold were the next to go with Jhoto and Crystal was made to introduce the first female playable character and where pokemon (Except the Nidoran) were given male or female

Ruby and Sapphire was for Hoenn, where they also remade Red and Blue to FireRed and LeafGreen to not just make them for GBA, but also make sure the female population would be more in demand after the fact that the pilot games were a smash.

Diamond and Pearl came for the lines of Sinnoh, also gen 2 remakes.

Black and White for Unova, than they remade Black and White with a 2 year time jump, where you start once more as a trainer

Now, gen 6 is on the way! I can't wait!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:17 pm
Senente

If you really think hard on it, it almost goes back to generation one with Red and Blue when they made it for the GameBoy and the trainer was a male. Yellow was put out to have the player have the same story line as Ash and the main cause is for the GameBoy Color.

Silver and Gold were the next to go with Jhoto and Crystal was made to introduce the first female playable character and where pokemon (Except the Nidoran) were given male or female

Ruby and Sapphire was for Hoenn, where they also remade Red and Blue to FireRed and LeafGreen to not just make them for GBA, but also make sure the female population would be more in demand after the fact that the pilot games were a smash.

Diamond and Pearl came for the lines of Sinnoh, also gen 2 remakes.

Black and White for Unova, than they remade Black and White with a 2 year time jump, where you start once more as a trainer

Now, gen 6 is on the way! I can't wait!

I was thinking more about how there are women in powerful positions in the Pokemon games even from the start. There was Misty, Erika, and Sabrina as Gym Leaders, and Lorelei and Agatha in the Elite 4. True, not as many as there are men, but it's a fairly good ratio. Then there was Clair. From dialogue, it seems that she could be the leader of the Dragon Clan, but it's her pride and stubbornness that keeps her below Lance, not that she's a woman. And I don't recall any instance of 'you can't do this because you're a girl' going on in any of the games.

There are some very stereotypical don't-do-much girls (Rui from Colosseum comes to mind) and other girls who don't seem as interested in battling (like May from R/S/E if she's the rival), but it seems more of something they chose to be rather than cultural. Or maybe it's some residual influence of Japanese culture. But then, even very classically Japanese women of Pokemon, such as Erika, aren't held back much by gender.

I do like the later games when you get truly powerful females in the games, like Cynthia. I suppose it's all up to interpretation, since gender issues aren't really given attention. At least they didn't keep the gender-related stat differences from gen 2.

lol, maybe this conversation should go in another thread since it's getting a bit off-topic of doing a roleplay here. I hope I can get my game running.  

Ysavvryl

Peaceful Lunatic

03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces