Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bhanu'Ecchumati Lands [IC]
[PRP] Brothers...Could Have Fooled Me (Jua Bwana x Tete)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:43 am
User Image

Jua Bwana was the smallest of his litter. Now that they had grown up a bit it wasn't as easy to tell, but whenever he stood by his siblings he knew he was just a few hairs shorter than the rest of them. Size was a pretty big deal to him, since the bigger you are, the stronger you are. At least, that was how he saw it in his mind. Thankfully, that same mind had sharped with his age. What he lacked in physical strength he made up for in cunning and cruelty, taking a page from his father's book.

Those who knew his family would have never guessed he was a part of it. He was the sole cub to be born with his father's colors more prominent than his mothers. Bwana didn't mind being different, not at all. In fact, he relished it. He blended in well with his surroundings and he knew his bright blue eyes could seem cold and distant when he wanted to appear intimidating.

Of course, he also knew his little tricks didn't work that well with his siblings. Bwana huffed quietly as he walked, those blue eyes staring at the ground in front of him. Here he was, an adolescent, and he still hadn't really made a 'name' for himself. He should be going off into the rouge lands or hunting through the leopards at home to find someone to bear his own litter but...it just didn't interest him.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:56 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

His fur itched. Tete was by no means any kind of seer, but he liked to think that when his fur itched just this certain way, that ment something was going to happen. Just what, he wasn't sure, but hey, better something than nothing. Having grown up being bay sat was boring. He wanted to do things. Mostly go out hunting. Make himself useful. Get attention once he took down something that might have teen a group.

A water buffalo would be pretty neat really. To bad he hadn't any chance to try it. He'd be dead before he even got close, (by buffalo or one of the adults. Probably the adults).

His siblings were kind of the same. But not really. They were related, that was about it. Wiggling on his back in the dust green eyes spotted something. Or rather someone. That someone being his brother. His brother looking like someone had bad thoughts on the brain. "Hey." a paw lazily waved in the air at Jua. "You know if you stare at the ground you're going to en up walking into a ditch or something right?"
SilverLutz

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:31 am
Bwana heard a familiar voice and glanced up from his little trance, blue eyes narrowing. Tete was rolling in the dirt not terribly far from where he had been walking. As far as siblings went, Tete could be rather annoying, at least in Bwana's eyes. Having such a large ego was not only unflattering, but also incredibly dangerous. To think too highly of oneself out here was certain death. But Bwana kept those kinds of comments to himself, not wanting to cause too much of a stir.

"How could I walk into a ditch if I'm looking at the ground? That's where ditches are," Bwana said, a mocking tone to his voice. "I'd see it in time to step around it." He paused for a moment before moving closer to the blue and green leopard, wrinkling his nose slightly.

"What on earth are you doing? Birds and elephants take dust baths. Unless you're having an identity crisis, you're acting very strangely."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:21 am
Tete rolled onto his belly, looking at his brother, somewhat insulted. "I'm getting rid of an itch. The bark on the tree wasn't cutting it, plus I got a bath a while back." A shake of his fur and a tiny dusty cloud rose up and drifted off. "Its not like I have some open wound or anything." Tail flicking up to flick one last little dust cloud away, the cub got closer to his brother.

"You'd walk into a ditch. Doesn't matter if you're looking down, you don't look ahead you'll only notice it when you hit it." A paw lifted up Tete gave Bwana a small shove. "What's so interesting about dirt anyway?"

SilverLutz

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:38 am
Bwana snorted quietly and rolled his eyes. An itch...all that for an itch? He didn't like the thought of rolling around in the dirt just to scratch an itch. Then he'd have to go through the process of getting it all out, and dirt didn't taste as nearly as fantastic as zebra did.

"I'd see it before I walked into it," he repeated, blue eyes narrowing at the push. "You seem to like it well enough to roll around it in. Maybe you should be asking yourself the same question." He lifted his paw to shove back, pushing his brother as he said 'yourself'. He was already in a gloomy mood thanks to his brooding, but now that he had someone around to take it out on...well. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea that he had walked near his brother.

"Don't you have some pond to be looking in to admire yourself?" he asked, digging his claws into the ground.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:39 pm
Bwana's eye roll was followed by one of Tete's own, exaggerating his brother's expression before he felt himself get pushed, eyes narrowing at his brother's words. "I'm not dumb enough to fall into a ditch!" The fact was he had not all that long ago but Bwana didn't need to know that. Nobody did. Besides, he'd gotten out on his own in the end. And that was what mattered right? He was good. Better than ditches, (even if it hadn't been that big to start with).

"I don't need to look in a pond to know I'm amazing. I've got looks, smarts, and one day I'll be one of the best hunters, if not the absolute best. " A two paw shove he snorted. "What are you going to be? Nursemaid maybe?

SilverLutz

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:43 am
Bwana had to dig his paws into the ground to keep from moving as Tete pushed him. That alone got him riled up and the fur along his spine lifted, his tail fluffing out in irritation. "Ha, some hunter you'll be. You're too busy rolling in the dirt to catch anything."

He didn't comment on what he'd like to be. In truth, he wanted to leave. He wanted to go out and be a rouge and find his own way. There were too many leopards here that he was related to and, even though he could never come back, he felt as though that would be a good thing. Thona didn't need a pride full of his sons...he needed to spread his bloodline elsewhere.

"Something better than you, that's for sure," he finally muttered, reaching out to swat at Tete this time. He smacked his shoulder, claws extended enough just to sting, not to cut. "Your stupid blue fur won't let you be a hunter. The prey'll see you a mile away."

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:49 pm
"Oh yeah? What you going to do? Bet you'll just suck at that because you suck!" His own fur puffed out as he was insulted. Irritation rose to anger as his brother swat him, the claws getting him just enough to have him jumping. "You rock brained butt face!" A pounch and Tete was growling, trying to swat his brother on the nose.

"I'm going to be a great hunter you sand fur! And I'll get a tone of mates! And- and-" he kept trying to hit Bwana, just wanting to vent.
SilverLutz

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:31 pm
Bwana snorted quietly at the insults. God, his brother was a dolt. He didn't care, though. All he really cared about was himself. He dodged the swats, but Tete was quicker than he anticipated and one hard smack caught him right on the nose. He saw stars for a moment and, once he could see straight, he lost it.

"You big oaf!" he said with a snarl as he pounced on his brother, chewing on his neck. His fighting strategies had gotten much better, but this was still more of a play fight than anything. There were rules about fighting in this pride beyond just a tussle, after all, and he didn't want to get thrown out. That and he was sure his larger brother could eventually best him in a physical contest.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:30 pm
Crying out as he felt his bother gain the upper hand on his back, Tete did was he could, trying to shake him off before rolling on the ground in an attempt to dislodge his sibling. "'M bigger and better than you!" As he managed to break fee, Tete went for a pin.

If he was a big oaf? He'd use that to his advantage. "Ten times better!"
SilverLutz
Sorry for the delay

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:16 pm
Bwana didn't stand much of a chance, really. He hung on as best as he could, but Tete was stronger and bigger, and in just a few moments he was on his back on the ground. He tried to use his back legs to kick, but it was a lost cause. "Ten times more a loser!" he snapped, trying to get his brother's ear in his teeth.

iStoleYurVamps

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:04 am
Growling as his sibling kicked at him and went for his ear, Tete gave a small hop, reenforcing his weight into the pin. "The only loser I see is you! Ha!" A final push off his brother, the leopard was smug.

"You just can't admit when someone is better than you." He teased, the feeling of superiority radiating off of the cub.

SilverLutz
Im sorry ;; /always slow

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 am
Bwana snarled softly as Tete pushed away from him and quickly rolled to his feet. His fur was fluffed and dirty now, but his pride was hurt more than his body. He hated being so much smaller than the other leopards. In physical contests like that, he was no match for them.

"Just because you can pin me first doesn't mean you're better than me!" he snapped. "Don't ever think that! You'll see, one day I'll be on top and you'll be kissing my paws, begging to give you some of my power!"

iStoleYurVamps
That's all right! Wanna wrap it up?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:34 pm
Tete got up, shaking dust off, but, all too smug to even car just how dirty he was. A snort followed by tail in the air, he waved off his brother. "Yeah yeah, tell it to your 'peons' the bugs. Meanwhile, I'll be working and becoming top hunter. Then we'll see who's kissing who's paws."

SilverLutz
otl sorry for late wrap

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

[IC] Bhanu'Ecchumati Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out