Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Settling in had been a good adjustment. Her strength had returned better than Xin could have dreamed, and she felt as good as she had before she had nearly drowned. The female felt determined to do the best she could for her new homelands, and keep herself as joyful as possible when around her love.

Freshly finished from training, Huoxin trotted home to the small den she shared with her mate. She couldn't quite remember if he'd be there or in training himself, but she was too tired to worry too much about it right now. She was hoping that the stone ground would feel cooler than the air, a quick way to cool her body down. She was too sore to even think much, but her happiness was very apparent on her face.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:18 pm
User Image

For Long, settling into a pride had been a huge change. He lost a great deal of independence in joining a pride and while he adjusted, he had to remind himself what he was gaining by being here. The most important thing he had, though, was Xin- and she was finally comfortable and they were both happy.

Though it was later in the day, he had yet to attend a training session, opting to start himself out with some general patrol work around the pride. He'd been particularly interested keeping an eye on the area where rogues looked for challenges. It would probably be the most interesting area for a while- unless there were more developments in the war, which he still didn't quite know the full story on.

Still, he finished early and was home before Xin.. and he had fallen asleep waiting for her to arrive.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:31 pm
Xin froze at the entrance of the den. It was hard to see, with the bright sun outside it developed a strong contrast with the shade inside. Was Long in there? She carefully took a few steps in to the cave, her golden eyes carefully analyzing the small cave. She heard his soft breathing, and knew for certain that he was here. Just....asleep. How cute.

Carefully, she decided to see if she could drape herself onto his strong body, knowing that it would probably wake him up. What a better way to wake up than with your love, right? She hid a chuckle, wondering just how deeply he was sleeping, and how long it'd take him to realize what was going on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:39 pm
Long had gone to sleep knowing he ought to stay awake and that Xin would be arriving anytime.. but that didn't keep him awake. A side effect of adjusting to the hot climate of his new home, perhaps, but even when Xin approached he stayed asleep- even snoring quietly.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:42 pm
Xin creased her brows as she was amazed that Long was still asleep. She knew she wasn't fat, but muscle was heavy, so....how was he still asleep? What a butthead.

"Must be tired," she said under her breath, lifting up a paw to rub the top of his head in an amusing tone. Something like having a little rodent on top of his head, maybe? She choked another chuckle back as she starting poking him everywhere, seeing what might wake him up. Did he have a weak spot somewhere? Now was the perfect time to find out!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:50 pm
It didn't take much else to wake him up-- her chuckle got him and if you were paying close enough attention, you would notice to slight jump and change in his breathing. But he did his best pretending to still be asleep as she began an investigation on what would wake him up. Once that began, he didn't know how far he ought to take it-- until a poke in the ribs caught him by surprise, making him jump and open his eyes.

"Alright, alright," he said, "I'm awake!"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:07 pm
Xin laughed. "Took you long enough to wake up!" She was content to just lay on him, though he might not like that. Still, it was a good excuse to be able to snuggle with him, and with them being in their personal den it meant all the more to her. She didn't quite feel like she had to change herself when outside of the den, but with the absence of open affection with many of the pride's members, she determined that it might be best to save some of the more sugar-inducing parts for their den.

"Fell asleep, hm? I guess an afternoon nap isn't so bad, to help escape the heat," she mused aloud.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:49 pm
He laughed, shaking his head but deciding he was perfectly comfortable how they were laying now. Maybe if they weren't in the shade of the den it would be too hot, but for not he had no complaints.

"I guess I was more tired than I thought," he said, "You took long enough getting back, did you have a good morning?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:41 pm
"Training too hard?" Xin said with a smile. She still couldn't believe that she had won her first duel, her ticket to gaining entry into the pride. She wasn't sure she'd ever quite understand it, but it drove her to train to get even better at fighting. She was hoping to maybe rise up in the ranks, but she was content enough to stay where she was with Long next to her.

"I was asking some of the older soldiers for tips on training," she said as she rubbed her shoulder into him for no real reason. Closeness made her relax. "I might have been going at it too hard, they said I should take a short break." Hmph.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:57 pm
Long managed not to roll his eyes- not really at her, at himself. He hadn't been training yet today, he really had no excuse for being in such a state.. but that was very likely the exact reason he was so tired.

"I haven't actually done any training today, you're way ahead of me," he said with a laugh at the way she said she'd been told to take a break, "I was looking around, trying to watch some of the other rogue challenges, trying to figure out what all the political nonsense that's going on is about.. I never made it to a training session."

There was a lot to learn when you joined a pride, one actively engaged in a war gave you even more to learn. It would be easier to focus on training but it was easier to write off the political nonsense if you gave it a try first.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:06 pm
Xin rolled on her back, still laying on him. She groaned a bit, listening to his logical talk. "I'm glad you're trying to sort that out. I know I should care more, keep on my toes, make sure I don't offend anyone...but its so much easier to ignore it and train instead."

This was why she needed him. He reminded her that she shouldn't be so narrow-minded and trusting.

"Well, maybe we should just lay around, and you can tell me what you think is going on? I guess I should start listening in to the conversations some of the older lions get into, make sure I don't step on the wrong toes or anything..."  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:11 pm
He laughed at her brushing off his choice of activity for the morning, giving her a shove so she would keep rolling off of him. With a bit of careful fidgeting, he got himself comfortable again.. leaning against Xin, no matter what awkward position she had gotten herself into at that point.

"There's not really much I could tell you, there's a lot of concern about the north," he said with a shrug, "I've seen some refugees around, it seems to be a war they brought with them.. but not really? I don't know."

This was why Long had to put so much effort into figuring it out.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm
With a grunt, Xin landed on the floor. It didn't hurt, but....well, she couldn't help but mentally pout for a moment. Still, he kept close to her, so she decided to be good and keep her limbs to herself for the moment. The ground was good enough, she supposed.

She wasn't terribly surprised by what Long had said, but it was weird that he wasn't exactly certain what was happening. "That's a bit worrying," she said. "As much as I don't want to be near a large body of water again, it would be bad to suffer through an extended conflict with such little water. Hopefully....something will happen soon," she said quietly.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:23 pm
"The water's another thing, the water that is here has been declining for a long time throughout this whole thing," he said, "That's why they're so careful, not just because we're in a desert. Hopefully it doesn't dry up completely."

It was would bad to just earn yourself a place in the Firekin and have to leave if you didn't want to die of dehydration. They couldn't be worried about that yet if they were still openly accepting challengers.

"Some rain might be nice," he mused.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:33 pm
Xin sighed, resting her head on her forepaws. "A little bit of rain would be nice," she said, her body lightly shuddering as she thought about rain. Only a little bit, please. The last thing she wanted to see was another flash flood.

"We will be ok....right?" she said, suddenly feeling extremely vulnerable.  
[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff