Submit

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 am
moineau bavarde
Nuru knew she wasn’t supposed to wander away from her family den, but she didn’t hesitate before doing so. It wasn’t that she was a bad cub; she just wasn’t an obedient one either. The hilly expanse of the Ulili-mlindaji proved to be more temptation than she could resist and she set off to see the shrines. She had yet to see a shrine and had no way to know where they might be or what they might look like, but felt confident that she’d find them anyway. She was Nuru, the brave and unstoppable explorer. Nuru the Great!

Painted Moose
Kozachok didn’t bother with telling his mother when Nuru decided to break away from home. Instead of worrying her, he decided to trail off after his younger sister himself. He yawned and swiped at his eyes, giving in to the last pulls of sleep as he tried to wake himself up after his nap. Nuru really had bad timing!

When he was close enough not to yell, he called out, “Wait up!”

moineau bavarde
Ugh, was that her brother? How was she supposed to be brave and unstoppable with her brother following her? "Kozachooook," she whined. "I'm exploring. Girl stuff. What are you doing here?"

She scowled at him for a good five seconds before smiling once more. "You can be my second mate! Come on Kozachok, let's go find some shrines." Not waiting for a reply, she bounded up the hill. What fun!

User ImageMothôpô rarely left his shrine, but he was in a strange frame of mind. The Ulili-mlindaji was a safe haven and he paid no attention to where we wandered. He paused a moment at the top of a hill when something small and fast barged into his legs. What on earth? He grunted in shock and looked down at a very angry (and very small) purple leopard.

"What'd you go and do that for mister?" Nuru demanded.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:53 pm
Kozachok puffed out his chest with a pout as he skidded up behind his sister. "Why's it gotta be giiiirrrrl stuff." He crinkled up his nose. As much as he failed to understand the concept of "personal space", he tended to leave her alone enough as it was. At least, he thought so.

He beamed and pranced along at her side. "Aye, aye, Captain!" He tossed his head into the air, like a fresh spring colt on his first run. Little tan paws ran their hardest, chasing after his sister....until the monster attacked! "Hey, hey, hey! You can't do that. She's a girl." He snorted.

User Image
"I wonder, did your mother teach you to talk like that?" Rakasta purred, slipping in from around the trees. Her steps were as sultry as ever; a mere ripple in the flurry of natural sounds. She passed an amused grin between the three of them. She knew Kozachok well enough already as a playmate to her daughter, Iesha, but his sister was another story.

"You should apologize to Mothôpô, and don't try to weasel out of it. I saw the whole thing."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:26 pm
Painted Moose

Nuru believed in girl power, but she didn't dispute what her brother said. It was true, boys shouldn't hit girls; the girls might hit back too hard. As to the situation at hand...

"You're just picking on me because I'm little," she said. "You think you're so big and tough!" She gave Mothôpô her fiercest scowl.

Mothôpô didn't know how to take any of this. He wasn't used to cubs or their antics. They were wee little things and he was scared half to death of stepping on them. He gave Rakasta a relieved smile. She had cubs of her own, didn't she? She'd know what to do.

Nuru was less pleased to see Rakasta. "Sorry Mothothothopo," she muttered under her breath.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:43 pm
moineau bavarde

Mothôpô would find no ally in Rakasta, no sir. If anything she had a penchant for making males lives living hells. She stepped up closer, using her walk to brush up against him as she did so. "Louder, Nuru, so not only the bugs will hear you. Now, you too, Kozachok."

The little leopard wanted nothing to do with Rakasta. She was a mom, Iesha's mom, and moms were tough. What if she told HIS mom? As much as he tried to hide behind Nuru, he knew that it wasn't going to be enough. "N-n-no!" There, he said it! "He should have to apologize first; it was his fault. If he'd been somewhere else, she wouldn't have gotten hurt.

Rakasta's smile turned into a scowl. Still, she turned to the male in question. Mothôpô needed to stand up for himself; after all, they were only cubs!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:54 pm
Painted Moose

Nuru folded her ears back. Rakasta was a big scary mother, sure, but she was damned if she would be intimidated when Kozachok wasn't. "It's not my fault," she said. "He was in the way of where I was going! And he's older and bigger. He should know better."

Mothôpô ignored the way Rakasta brushed past him. Some felines valued personal space more than others and that was fine. Any seductive undertones or attempts to make him feel uncomfortable were lost on him. He listened to the two cubs' complaints before giving Rakasta a pleading glance. Somehow he doubted she would help him. What should he do? Apologize? Ask the cub to apologize? The little thing had run into him, but no harm had come of it. He was content to let the matter drop, particularly if it meant there were no little ones under his feet. Very gently he used one paw to nudge Nuru away.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:17 pm
moineau bavarde

Oh for the love of the Gods. Rakasta had met some pretty "interesting" males in this pride, but this one really took the cake. He acted like he was afraid of the little things; maybe he actually was! Regardless, they were smaller than him, and he needed to stand up for himself. "Mothôpô, did she run into you, or did you knock her down?" She asked it calmly, but in a stern tone. Rakasta knew the answer, of course, but if he didn't say anything Nuru would walk all over him! "And as for you two, just because someone is in your way, doesn't give you the right to blame them when you fall."

"He messed up her adventure! Why shouldn't he- OH NO, NO NO." Was he touching his sister? He was TOTALLY touching his sister. "See, see! There he goes again. Why can't you pick on someone your own size, huh? Like..like..." Like me? Ya, uh, how about no. "Like her." He pointed a paw at Rakasta.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:36 am
Painted Moose

Gods above, what was he doing? Nuru was so surprised by the male pushing her that she didn't even resist as she skidded along the ground.

That was better. Mothôpô felt much better with the cub safely away from underfoot. Still a bit too close for his liking, but at no immediate risk of getting stepped on. He'd have to keep an eye on her though. Cubs were tricky!

Rakatsa seemed to be annoyed for some reason. Everyone was making such a big deal out of such a small thing. He considered his words carefully before answering, "Ran into me." His voice was low and slightly hoarse from disuse.

"Because you were standing in my way!" Nuru was quick to add, her confidence bolstered by her brother's presence. Didn't these stupid adults know anything? They were the bravest boldest adventurers that had ever walked the earth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:45 am
Rakasta tapped her paw on the ground, her patience running thin. This whole situation was becoming ridiculous! Her cubs didn't even act this rudely. Maybe it was because they were leopards...? Ugh, that was so wrong! Bad thought, bad thought!

"Nuru, dear, please," She clucked. "You ran into him, and that's a bad thing. How about this; we'll all agree that you should have watched where you were going, but Mothôpô should have also watched for incoming cubs. How does that sound?"

It wasn't what she thought was fair, but no doubt anything less would only rile her up more.

Kozachok didn't know what to say at this point, but he wanted to look important. He stood tall, with his tail puffed up behind him. "That...sounds okay....I guess. What do you think, Nuru?"

It was all on her head, anyway. Not that he was going to smoozing up to the lion any time soon. This was only the beginning!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:07 pm
"Is good," Mothôpô said before Nuru had a chance to answer. The sooner the situation was resolved, the sooner he could get away from these cubs.

Nuru hesitated a moment, but was smart enough to know that this was the best compromise she could hope for. "I accept," she said, looking Rakasta straight in the eye. "Come on Kozachok, let's go home." They'd just have to sneak out later when no nosy adults were around.

Mothôpô let out the breath he'd been holding. All was resolved, all was well. He nodded respectfully to Rakasta and turned to go. It was long past time he returned to his shrine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 pm
Kozachok turned his nose up at the adults, raised his rump in the air and pranced off behind his sister, ever the faithful toady. He couldn't imagine being like THAT when he grew up. There was just no way he could be THAT awful.

Still, he did look over his shoulder on more time. Maybe she wouldn't let him play with Iesha anymore? Oh jeez, in that case maybe he should turn back....No. He had too much pride for that. So, turning once more, he padded off.

Rakasta just shook her head. "Finally!" She sighed dramatically, and flung her paw up above her head. "I'm soooo glad my cubs aren't like that. Their little angels compared to those two." As awful as it was to say, she was REALLY glad those weren't her brats. Maybe they would temper with age...?

"Goodbye, dear!" She waved him off with a smile and a flirtatious nod. "If you ever get lonely, you know where to find me." With that, she turned and sashayed back to her lovely shrine, that would no doubt in tatters due to her own little ones.

Oh well. Such is life.

[fin]  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out