Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The United Kingdom
Blackpool Pier ~ England

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vampire Toy

Fashionable Pumpkin

9,375 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:57 pm
Blackpool Pier

User Image

Blackpool Pier was one of the piers in Blackpool, Lancashire, on the northwestern coast of England on the Irish Sea. North Pier is the most northerly of the three coastal piers in Blackpool, England. Built in the 1860s, it is also the oldest and longest of the three.

There are in fact three piers in Blackpool: North Pier, Central Pier, and South Pier. The novel does not specify which of them Neville was pushed off.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:47 am
User Image
User Image

Striding up the walkway, Sy cut a striking and slightly awkward figure against the busy background of the pier, hands buried in the thick brown locks atop his head, adjusting his beanie. It took a few tries and more than a few lines of muttered swears as he attempted to fix it into place-- and a few thoughts, because why did he have to decide on a beanie as his trademarked accessory? He could have picked a bracelet or something, but no-- finally feeling satisfied with the tuft of hair sticking out enough to slightly shadow his brows.

He was vain, he would admit that.

Shoving pale blue-veined hands into his coat pockets, Sy continued his walk, weaving through the bustle of the crowd as he made his way to his destination. He had promised Dani he would accompany her to wherever today-- though he didn't normally do appointments he felt guilty at just the thought of skipping out on this since she rarely really ever asked favours from him-- so here he was, waiting for her at the pier. Leaning back against the railing, he enjoyed the slight breeze blowing in from the sea, rustling and smelling faintly of brine, said hands fumbled around in the pockets for a cancer stick, lighting the end and bringing it up to his mouth, taking a drag and watching the smoke stream away.

Enjoying the tranquility and the nicotine, Sy disregarded the stares and glares thrown his way; admiration, curiousity, disapproval and and spite-- didn't really matter. Okay, so there was maybe more than one reason he had agreed to walk his friend home today. A small smirk made its way onto his lips, curling up slightly on one corner, lacking its usual malice and breaching into an almost fond expression in its small movement. Shaking his head, Sy let out another few wisps of smoke and turned around, enjoying the view until a better one came along.

XxXDevil-chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:23 am
User Image

User Image

∞ Halfblood ∞ 17 Years Old ∞ Tech Whiz ∞

Don't נυ∂ģε a thing until you know what's ιиṡι∂ε it.
                                                        иενεя gonna give in. Never gonna ģινε it up, no.
                                                        If you can't ςคҭςђ a wave then you're never gonna яι∂εit.

Dani walked out of her cooking class and ruffled her hair casually. As she looked around the pier for her best friend, she pondered what all had been going on in her mind. She was positive she liked, like actually liked Sy. Which she wasn't very okay with honestly. Last guy she liked ended up using her and then cheating on her like a positive a*****e. She had been thinking this over for weeks upon weeks. No matter how hard she thought and changed herself around, it didn't change. She liked Sy and she wanted to be with him. Like actually be with him.

She spotted the intense stare and beautiful nose bridge of her best friend quite quickly. He was always easy to spot, messing with his beanie and fidgeting like the awkward schmuck he was. They always go along so well because of that. They were both giant balls of awkward. She smiled gently, watching him pull out a cigarette and light it. That part of him reminded her of her brother, which also comforted her. If he was anything like August then he would be nothing like Kellan and that meant he'd never hurt her.

Without really thinking about it, she hiked her bag onto one shoulder and weaved her way through the crowd until she'd reached Sy. She tugged his hand and therefore cancer stick away from his lips and slid up to her tip toes and pressed her lips to his before she could let her mind catch up to her actions.

I ﻮ๏ҭҭค fight another ғเﻮђҭ.
                                                        I gotta гยภ another ภเﻮђҭ.
                                                        You ain't gonna ҭคкє me down no ฬคұ.
                                                        You ςคภ'ҭ, take me. I'm ƒяεε

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:53 am
User Image
User Image

It was shocking, it was unexpected, it had caught him so off-guard it almost hurt and it was ridiculously amazing.

He had only had time to register the slight tug on his hands, drawing his cig away, just that small action he had known so well before a flash of ginger and a light apple scent that usually accompanied it and lips not his own descending on his.

It had felt like hours-- though it was probably only a few seconds-- that he had stood there unmoving, trying to believe it was Dani-- Dani, who he had loved so well and loved even more and would love for as long as he could ever see, kissing him, right now. It didn't take long for him to get his s**t going, though, sliding his hands down to her waist and holding her gently as he kissed back, a small smirk-smile-- because he was incapable of just smiles, apparently-- curving his own lips as he did so. He didn't know how long they had stood there, just them as they-- at least, he did, and he could only hope he hadn't crossed a line with his reciprocal actions-- enjoyed the small sweetness they had together.

"Hey, there." Hands coming up to cup her face, Sy drew back, thumbs stroking the tops of her cheekbones as he laughed, wiping away a smear of flour that was still there. "Did you really just beat me to the kiss? he laughed, a soft look coming over his expression as he did so. "And here I am, all my plans up in ashes," he sighed exaggeratedly, affecting a disgruntled expression before looking back at his best friend and crush and smiling. Leaning forward as he pressed their foreheads together, he asked, tone wry and hopeful and playful and slightly vulnerable as he looked into her eyes. "So, does this mean you like me as much as I like you too?"

XxXDevil-chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:29 pm
User Image

User Image

Dani couldn't believe she'd just done that. She was about to pull away and run and hide, because he was just standing there and she was kissing him and he wasn't doing anything. Just before she moved away though, his hands slid to her waist and her mind relaxed for now, because he was kissing her and that was all she cared about. Her hands wrapped around his neck and she clung to him with everything she had in her.

As their lips finally broke apart the smile that automatically formed on her breathless lips was real and beautiful. Her hands dropped down to rest against his chest. The laugh that bubbled from her lips was awkward and happy and bubbly and girly all at once.
                                                        "Hi..." She whispered, loving the feeling of his thumb stroking his cheek. She shrugged at his question, a blush coming up to cloud her cheeks. She was so embarrassed and felt so awkward now that he wasn't kissing her. "Sorry for ruining your plans...." She whispered, a small laugh falling from her lips as she said it.

"I couldn't help myself" Her voice grew stronger as she said that, and then she was full on laughing as he started smiling. She calmed her laughter as he pressed his forehead to hers and nodded her head quietly. The words found their ways to her lips without permission. "Depends how much you like me."

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:00 pm
User Image
User Image

Sy let out a small laugh, smirk wide and sweet as he watched her face, watching the expressions play across her beautiful features and maybe losing his breath once or twice at the smiles she had given him in between them. At her words, he fought back down a few laughs, though some escaped before he could get them back. Wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug, he did, face alight with. . . . something nice-- a happy feeling as he did so. "You're such a dork, it hurts," he teased, loving the feel of Dani's frame in his arms. "'S'okay, though," he replied, shrugging as he did so. "I wouldn't mind if you couldn't help yourself more often," he smirked, looking down at the redhead.

At that last sentence, he loosened his hold on her slightly so he could see her face easier even as the wry expression on his grew. Raising a brow and a corner of his lips quirking upward, he spoke. "If the kiss didn't say it all, I don't know what will. But. . ." he trailed off, looking slightly to the side as he did, a very, very faint blush-- yes, he could blush, he wasn't completely incapable of normal-people functions, thank you very much. "Would it be too forward of me to say I love you?"

There. He'd said it.

"Not that I'm rushing or anything-- that's just me," he rushed to add. He knew it was as sudden as things could possibly get on his side. "I don't want to force you or obligate you, I just wanted you to know," he finished, letting out a relieved, though slightly tense exhale as he did so. It felt good to get that off his chest, to be honest.Sometimes he wished he could channel things other than nonchalance a bit better, since it would probably help things get across better. Waiting for her answer now was all he could do.

XxXDevil-chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:25 pm
User Image

User Image

The shock that entered her system completely froze her. Not only was Sylvester Romellier blushing but he'd just said he loved her. She stared at him, brown eyes wide. She wanted to make her mouth work, she wanted to say something, anything, or honestly just kiss him again so she didn't have to come up with a response to that. She gulped, the blush getting darker on her cheeks. Finally she forced herself to think.

He'd said he loved her, and she could tell he meant it with every piece of his heart. And it wasn't that she didn't love him, because she did, that she knew, she'd known for awhile, but she couldn't say it. She just, she didn't have the guts or courage or anything to say it out loud. Every person she loved seemed to leave her and she was scared if she said it out loud, he'd leave her too.

The smile that had woven its way onto her face couldn't be mistaken though, even if her silence could. She was happy to hear what he had to say. She wiggled her way up to press a delicate chaste kiss to his lips and just smiled at him, because she didn't know what to say.
                                                        'I love you too...' She said silently. And maybe her thoughts would register on her face and through her actions, maybe he would know without her having to say it, or maybe he'd wait until she could say it. She didn't know what to expect.

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:59 am
User Image
User Image

But damn, was it terrifying to wait, watching his girl stand there as he stayed silent, waiting for an answer to his impromptu declaration-- not so much impromptu as inconceivably shocking? Let's go with that-- and her not say a word. Sy would admit, his heart was beating out of his chest though his countenance still stayed cool. He could almost see the thoughts floating around her head, to be honest. Dani was almost painfully quiet, but her person spoke volumes and Sy had always been able to read them. The teeth worrying at her lip as she thought it over, mulling out his words and sorting through her thoughts-- it was maddening and frightening, but he would wait until it was all over and she was ready, because that was what Dani needed and that was what something he had always tried to give.

When that small smile had peeked through the curtain of her musings, he could have laughed. She was smiling. That-- that was good and it was even better, the soft pressure on his lips that followed, the curve of a smile under his as she answered him in her own Dani-way, eyes bright, cheeks flushed. Letting out a relieved sigh, mouth curling up in his own glad smile, the brunette pulled her into a hug, arms wrapping around the redhead tight, not wanting to let go. "S'okay," he laughed, the sound bright. "I understood. I'll say it enough for the both of us," he grinned, linking their hands as he did so. Pulling back, the dorky grin still on his face, it was all Sy could do to be so glad.

XxXDevil-chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:37 pm
User Image

User Image

Danielle waited silently as he contemplated her own silence in his silence. When he suddenly pulled her into a deep hug, she knew he'd understood her. The sound of his laugh was just another piece of evidence that he knew her completely inside and out. As much as that idea scared her, it also comforted her.

She smiled softly and nuzzled her face into his chest. As he pulled away, she squeezed his hand smiling up at him.
                                                        "So.... um....." She gulped, reaching up her free hand to toy with a piece of her hair. "What does this mean.... I mean um.... What are we? You know.... uhhh.... likkkkke?" She shrugged, looking up at him. She didn't know how to finish her sentence without literally asking 'am I your girlfriend'. She chewed on her lip, looking up at him with a small awkward smile. Again, she hoped he'd understand, because her words had failed her yet again.

Lady Pomegranates

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:27 pm
User Image
User Image

Holding back a small laugh at the nuzzling he could feel from Dani down on his chest, he smiled, pulling them along as he began his walking her home. The silence didn't last long, however, and the small voice he was familiar with sounded from beside him. Looking at the speaker, Sy's expression turned wry, tone teasing. "Dani," he begun, letting out a small laugh as he did, moss-green eyes bright with amusement. Still the same dork, but that was okay, that was what he liked about her. "I did just tell you I was in love with you," he said, shrugging lightly as he spoke. "I'd be disappointed if we weren't," he teased, hoping to draw out a reaction from her.

XxXDevil-chan

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:54 pm
User Image

You're my light, you're my darkness
                                                  You're the right kind of madness

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                  Amanda Morris

Slytherin Alumna - Forty Four Years Old - Pureblood - Single Mother - International Magical Office of Law
                                                  Department of International Magical Cooperation

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Water dripped from the end of Amanda’s braid as she made her way across the sandy beach. That last wave had hit her hard, so she decided she’d take a break from swimming and soak up some sunshine instead. The blonde lied down on the towel next to her boyfriend, enjoying the peace and quiet from the lack of their children. Amanda loved them dearly, but she always found herself going a tad bizarre during the summer when her two kids were home every day, and on top of that, so were Jacob’s. In fact, she was pretty surprised (and relieved) that all of the kids were up to something today, so she could just enjoy the day away from them with Jacob. Amanda had enrolled Jade into camp, so she was actually away for the whole week. Luke, on the other hand, had spent a lot of time playing sports with kids from around the neighbourhood. Although he couldn’t play Quidditch due to the population of muggles in the neighbourhood, he seemed to enjoy playing football with them.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

And you're my hope, you're my despair
                                                  You're my scope, everything, everywhere

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:15 am
User Image
                                                  I do this with conviction
                                                  I write truths and never fiction
                                                  My disease is what you fed
                                                  I can't stop with my ambition
                                                  Like a missile on a mission
                                                  I'm a force that you will dread

User Image

════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ || Aᴜʀᴏʀ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Jacob closed his eyes, enjoying the time that he could just relax and enjoy being out and about. Marcie and Caden were out with Rick, since his brother had insisted on Jacob getting some time away from the kids. Jacob appreciated it, since even though Jaslyn had left, he'd still had to worry about his kids and what they were up to. Not just that, but the whole issue with his job hadn't exactly gone away, but it had gotten easier. At least, it had when he had someone to depend on. Which, glancing over to Amanda, he had to admit that she had completely understood what that was like. Not necessarily the whole auror thing and potentially dying on the job, but the fact that working and raising kids by yourself wasn't easy. He sometimes wondered how his own dad did it, and then remembered that he was still on the most wanted list in the auror's office.

Rolling over to his side, he watched Amanda take a seat next to him with his head propped up on one hand. Honestly, he couldn't remember a time he had been so content with his life. Sure, his dad was still on the run, and he still had his worries about what would happen with his kids if something happened to him, but he felt... Well, almost like he had back when he was a kid. That was so long ago that he couldn't even fathom how exactly he'd managed to go that long without it. But here he was, and honestly the only thing he could think of was that Amanda was responsible for it. There were days he doubted it, but still, he hadn't been this happy since... Well, since the time he'd gone globe trotting with Jaslyn.

He glanced over to the bag next to them in the sand, a smirk playing across his features before he rose an eyebrow at his girlfriend. "So, I was thinking. We came all this way to enjoy the beach, and well, we haven't really touched lunch yet. Hungry?" So maybe he had hidden something in the bottom of one of the drink bottles they'd brought with them. He just hoped that Amanda didn't mind the idea.

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: This is definitely a nice break...
                                                  OOC:

-♡-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Stronger
                                                  (Bet you thought that I was dead)
                                                  (But I'm not dead, I'm not dead)
                                                  Stronger, stronger, stronger, stronger
                                                  Bet you didn't think that I'd come back to life

kiska166

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:28 pm
User Image

You're my light, you're my darkness
                                                  You're the right kind of madness

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
                                                  Amanda Morris

Slytherin Alumna - Forty Four Years Old - Pureblood - Single Mother - International Magical Office of Law
                                                  Department of International Magical Cooperation

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

Lying down on her back, Amanda had turned her head to look over at Jacob, who had been looking at her as well. She smiled at him with squinted eyes. Sunglasses would have been a good idea on a sunny day like today. It was unlike her to forget something at home, and it was especially odd that she hadn’t had a backup pair in her beach bag, but she supposed always having to be the responsible one in the household meant she was bound to be unorganized at some point. Although she would have liked to be the person who was always on top of it, she had to admit that being a single parent was challenging. However, things have definitely gotten easier and less hectic over time, no thanks to August.

Amanda wasn’t sure how she had put up with her ex’s alcoholism and deadbeat dad bullshit, or why she ever thought she could give him a second chance. Their relationship definitely had its ups and really low downs, and after experiencing love with Jacob, she could never go back. Hindsight's 20/20, she supposed. Although two great things came out of being with August – their kids. Nothing could ever replace the love she had for them, even if they – mainly Lucas – were difficult at time or didn’t understand that everything she did, she did with them in mind.

Amanda glanced over at the beach bag when Jacob asked if she was hungry. “Yeah, let’s eat,” she responded, sitting up and placing her hat on her head to block the sun. “But before we do that, we should reapply the sunscreen.” The blonde took the bottle and rubbed the lotion on her skin in all of the places she could reach before handing it to her boyfriend and asking, “Mind rubbing my back?” She had always been really pale and therefore, prone to sunburns. Once he finished helping her, she massaged the sunscreen into his back. “How does that feel, sexy?” she asked half jokingly.

Finally, they could eat. Amanda pulled out the sandwiches, salad, and drinks they had packed, leaving the fruit in the bag to stay a bit cooler for afterwards. “For you,” she said after inspecting each sandwich to make sure she handed Jacob the correct one. Along with the sandwich, she also handed him his pineapple flavoured drink, keeping the watermelon one that she had chosen to bring for herself. Opening up the bottle, she hadn’t noticed anything odd to begin with, mostly because she wasn’t looking for anything. However, at one point, she felt an object touch her tongue, causing her to pull back her bottle and look inside. “Oh, my God,” she murmured, dumping just enough liquid out onto the sand to get the ring that was inside of it out as well.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

And you're my hope, you're my despair
                                                  You're my scope, everything, everywhere

Diamond Wales

The United Kingdom

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff