Submit

Evar fallen asleep gaming?
  YA I WAS LIEK WTF D00D
  No, are you f***ing stupid?
  Dammit Oak, just give me 10 gold. ><
View Results

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:54 pm
Heh, you don't think it's possible until it happens to you.

A while back, I saw a topic similar to this in the Gaming Forum, and I was like "WTF, how do people fall asleep while gaming!? Nubs."

Here's my story:

So back in the days that I had dial-up, I was playing this really fun MMORPG, MapleStory online. I could only play it at about 2 in the morning onwards, because that's when there were the least amount of people. And with my dial-up and crappy computer, I'd lose connection, lag, or the game would just close out altogether on me.

So one night, I stayed up ALL night playing that damn game. My face was lightened by the rising sun, and I just kept playing. The surge of morning players arrived, and with them, my connection vanished.

This was about at NINE in the morning. I stayed up for a bit longer, staying online, surfing the net and such, but then I decided to go to bed at around 10am.

I pulled the sheets back to my bed and started to slip into it, as my cell phone rang. It was my good buddy Tom, wanting to know if I wanted to come over and play games for a bit. I didn't think I was that tired, so I accepted his invitation and went over.

I took my GamingCube over and Tom insisted that we play Mario Kart Double Dash. He thought that he could finally beat me at the game, where he had failed so many times before. I hesitantly agreed on playing the game; as I don't much prefer Double Dash as opposed to other Mario Karting games.

So we were playing, and I got about, oh, I'd say 5 races under my belt before Mr. Sandman came with an AK-47 with the name "Fish" on it. Up to this point, I'd been fighting my eyelids more than I'd been fighting Tom. As usual, he wasn't putting up much of a race.

We were on the Daisy Cruiser when it happened. My eyes closed and didn't open for several seconds. It was Tom that woke me up. "Fish, what are you doing? You're driving into that wall...."

And so I was. Even though I was sleeping, my thumb remained pressing down upon the A button. I finished the race, and shortly after, Tom took me home and I slept for soooooo long.

P.S. I won the race. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:04 pm
nope, never happened to me.  

felix45

KontonSu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:13 pm
i almost fell asleep while my friend's played silent hill because i was hiding behind one of them cuz it scared me >.> does that count? it's a lot easier to fall asleep if you're not holding the controller.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:19 pm
KontonSu
i almost fell asleep while my friend's played silent hill because i was hiding behind one of them cuz it scared me >.> does that count? it's a lot easier to fall asleep if you're not holding the controller.
No s**t.

But it only counts if you are playing the game.  

G a m e O v e r

Denko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:40 pm
Oh, that's happened to me all the time. I tend to get tired easy when there's a screen on at night, whether it be computer, TV, or game and 'troller. The only one I have a good memory of was the time I kept drifting off while playing ES III: Morrowind (I think) on my computer. I tend to play it really late and there's a lot of boring walking, which, when I'm not tired, I enjoy. Except it wasn't much stimulation, so I fell asleep. But with my insomnia, I luckily woke up about five minutes after and got in bed. It would be easier for me to come up with stories of me falling asleep in movie theaters or during TV shows.
I guess I just fall asleep a lot.

Great story by the way.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:45 pm
I once fell asleep playing Super Smash Brothers Melee^^. I was at my friend's house and we had been playing Melee through the night. It was around 5 a.m. and we were playing a Fox vs Marth match (I was Fox). Now, I was FREAKING TIRED. Mind you that I wake up at 4:30 EVERY morning, so I hadn't slept for over 24 hours. Apparently, my friend tells me I just started walking towards him, pressing weak "A" over and over again until I went of the edge. In the end, I came back and still took the match though^^.  

dothackERROR404

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:33 am
I think I fell asleep at my friend's party while playing Resident Evil 4...it was say, five o'clock in the morning, and it was my 3rd run through. Just killing zombies with your ultra weapons don't really make it all that fun, ya know? Anyway, I fell asleep at the controller, and leon was forced to talk with the merchant for a loooong time.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:47 pm
I have come very close to it while playing PSO. When I notice it happening, I get off as soon as possible. Like after I finish the mission or find a save point or something.

Sometimes I play a game with the intention of it making me fall asleep though. sweatdrop I lurv FFTA, and one battle before going to bed, works like a charm.  

Artistic G4m3r

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:05 pm
This was back when Majora's mask was new. I had gone to sleep late the last night and woke up at about 7 am. I went into our living room and turned on my N644 and grabbed a controller. I played for an hour, and just got through buying the all night mask. i walked out side the curiosity shop and the sandman b***h slapped me. i woke up a few hours later with the controller in my hands and the game off. (my friends didn't even bother to wake me up crying )  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:52 pm
Tis taboo, that be!  

Sakana_Izumi

TurMacar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:51 am
I've never done it....but I have a friend who has.

Him and two other friends were playing Timesplitters 2, I don't remember the level or anything else. But he got the chaingun....and fell asleep after awhile, thing is he was holding down the fire button and the right analog stick at the time...

...short story is he was spinning in circles killing everyone and they had to wait till he ran out of ammo to kill him. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:05 pm
no, but I've come pretty close to it. I've had to force myself to turn it off and go to bed before I did  

Koosei

Rurik_Flanagahn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:02 pm
I can't really recall anything like that ever happening to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:06 pm
I usually save sleeping at innopportune moments for school. xd  

Jupiter-X

JesseMario

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:55 pm
That has happened to me whenever i cant figure out what to do next and i spent 30 mins tring to find out. Also the music sometimes makes me sleepy.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff