Submit

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Knots was in the kitchen, having helped her father cook vegetables many times before she was starting to become a little set on her ways. She rarely followed a set recipe and eyeballed it more often than not, having learned to taste as she went. This was all due to her father's home cooking and having to feed to much family.

It appeared that dessert was on the menu... maybe. She was pulling out ingredients willy-nilly at the moment to see what she had without any real idea of what to cook just yet. Her apron was tied on more like a cape, over her back and across her bottom. The words "Kiss the Cook" in cheery purple letters across her cheeks.

Luafien

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
TART didn't make a habit of snooping in on people, except when she did, but that was okay 'cause her dad said there was nothing wrong with looking at people when they didn't know you were there.

Or something like that.

Point is, TART was glancing through the kitchen window and happened to notice that the little unicorn filly was getting out baking ingredients. As much as her heart lay in makeup and fashion, good old-fashioned baking had a way of pulling at her heartstrings. Or rather, stomachstrings. Really, just all of her stomach. Her mom's baking was the best. The purple filly tapped on the glass, hoping to get her attention.

Syrcaid

Luafien

Super Wife

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 pm
"Huh?" said Knots amidst some nondescript sea chanty singing.

Admittedly, she never could remember all the words to some of the longer songs. This time around she was trying to get all the words to The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald with little success. She saw the tapping at the window a good excuse to not attempt it anymore without a song sheet.

"Who the-" Knots lifted up the window and pushed her head out "-devil are you? Wow, you're purple!"

She never meant to be rude, but spending most of her days watching large men doing work on a pier was starting to affect her attitude.

Luafien

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:41 pm
"Yeah, and you're green!" TART replied, tone equally without any malice, as the way of children often was.

"Are you baking in there? Can I help? My mom bakes a lot and sometimes I help, but mostly I just watch. But I know how to! And it's fun, even if I keep falling asleep while it's in the oven." TART happily babbled on, smiling through the window, little cream tail wagging.

Syrcaid

Luafien

Super Wife

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:48 pm
"I'm also Knots," she replied, pushing the window up further. "Oh, I'm used to phonies falling asleep. My mom does that all the time," she nodded sagely. "I was gonna whip up something, but I don't know what yet. C'mon in! I'll go open the door."

With a clatter of tripped over pots and pans, since she'd pulled them all out for inspection, she went over to the side door and opened it.

"Where'd you come from, anyway? I keep seeing more and more phonies around here and I have no idea where they come from. All I know is one day I realized I liked boats."

Luafien

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:08 pm
TART smiled at the other filly as she trotted into the kitchen, perfectly comfortable in the disarray of the kitchen.

"I'm TART. N'I was just walking by and smelled cooking, so I wanted to take just a little itsy bitsy peeksie. So you don't know what you're gonna make at all? Cake? Cookies? Scones?"

Syrcaid

Luafien

Super Wife

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:53 pm
"Not a clue!" Knots said, placing a massive bowl onto a countertop. Without another word, she threw in a pile of flour. "I wonder if mint leaves go good into dry flour..."

Knots pulled out an apron and offered it to TART. "You're going to want to use this, I think. This could get messy."

Luafien

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Bohemian Raspberry was not snooping. Spying, maybe. Enacting extensive espionage, perhaps. Performing clandestine reconnaissance on her sister's activities, definitely. But snooping? Perish the thought! OTHER phonies snooped. Not her. So when she'd spotted TART disappearing into this building, she had to check it out. She leaned into the door and smashed an ear up against it, trying to hear what was inside. There was a window nearby, but she couldn't really see into it; it was set too high into the wall. She could go around to the other side, where there might be another window- but what if her sister left and then denied ever being in there? She leaped up to see in the window, but couldn't quite reach. She looked around for something to stand on, and then got a much better idea. "Hey, you!" she hissed at a passing pegasus colt. "Help me out here I need to see into this window and see what my sister is up to for the good of the republic... but I'm too short. Gimme a boost?"

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Warp Nine was heading back from the comic shop, three variant covers of his favorite sci-fi rag tucked into his saddlebags, when out of nowhere a very, very pink thing started hissing at him. "Spying, eh? Sure, I guess I can help. But you didn't see me here if you get caught!" He liked a good spy game almost as much as a good science-fiction comic.

Boho rolled her eyes. "Yellow kid, it wounds me to think that you think that I don't know spy code." He shrugged his bags onto the ground to allow her to clamber up onto his back, but even with their combined teetering height, the window eluded her. "Still too short!" she groaned. "Hey, yellow kid. You've got wings? Wanna fly up there and tell me what you see?" She hopped off his back and smiled widely at him, so much so that it was almost disconcerting.

The colt frowned a little. "My name's War-", but before he could get another word out, the pink filly jammed a hoof in his mouth.

"Are you crazy? Spies don't tell other spies their real names! Come on, please fly up there! My mission depends on it!"

Warp Nine couldn't sabotage somebody else's mission. "Ok, but only for a second." He kicked off the ground and flapped his wings to peek through the tall window. "There's two girls in there... one's green, one's purple... they're... baking something, looks like..." However, he wasn't particularly good at flying and a gust of wind sent his little fluttering efforts crashing into the ground- right on top of the pink earth filly. She let out a squawk as the two clattered together. If this had been a secret mission, consider the mission failed. There was no way that the phonies inside hadn't heard them.  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:01 pm
"Holy tea and biscuits!!" Knots threw a pot over her head. "Hit the deck, we're under siege! Man the cannons, TART! I've got the harpoon!"

Knots held out a large salad fork and stood up swiftly, pointing the fork at the two fell phonies.

"We've got you n-! Oh!" Knots pulled the fork back. "You know, you two could have just come 'round to the door. I didn't close it."

Scaramouche Fandango

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:25 pm
Well TART didn't know where any cannons are, but there was a bunch of grapes, and those looked a bit like little cannon balls, so she grabbed those and ran outside after Knots- only to be confronted by her most pink of sisters.

TART stamped her little hoof and spit the grapes out, eyes narrowed and chest puffed out.

"Boho! Were you following me?" Spying on siblings, after all, was a cardinal sin. She swung her head to the colt next, stalking forward as green eyes looked the yellow colt over.

"And you! Who are you? Did my sister hire you? Professional spy Manes Bond, perhaps?" Her posture shifted, lashes fluttering, "And if you are, I've always wanted to be a Bond mare."

Syrcaid

Scaramouche Fandango

Luafien

Super Wife

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:34 pm
Bohemian Raspberry stamped an indignant hoof as she rose to her feet and trotted into the room. "I wasn't snooping!" she said. "There was a very good chance you were in danger and I needed to see what was happening so that if you WERE in danger I could either do something or write a concept album about it." She sniffed and followed the green unicorn who was pointing a fork at her. "What's going on in here? It smells neat! Can I help? Are we making cookies? They need sprinkles!"

There was a girl. There was a girl and she was batting her eyelashes at him. This, according to his comic books and everything he knew from watching Captain Kirk in action, was flirting. Was the proper response to flirt back? Warp Nine grinned, as rogueishly as he could. "Well well now- if I was, I couldn't very well tell you, could I? And spoil my secret identity? For now, miss, you can call me-" he struck a pose, as only a young boy can- "Agent Double-O Ni...Seven." Double-O Nine might give it away, after all. But now he was in a room with three girls and an oven, and he didn't know the first thing about what do with an oven.

Syrcaid

Luafien

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:41 pm
TART's head snapped between her sister and the yellow colt, eyes narrowing at her sister as she barged right into the kitchen that TART had been invited to first. However, there were more important things right now than correcting her sister about her most grievous of errors in assuming she could just dictate whether cookies should or should not have sprinkles.

Important things like boys, for whom she had managed to settle her features into a sweet look by the time she looked back to him.

"Oooh, I see. Well, Double-O Seven, we're making cookies. Without sprinkles." She declared, perhaps a little louder than was necessary.

Syrcaid

Scaramouche Fandango

Luafien

Super Wife

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:09 pm
Boho stopped dead in her tracks when she heard her sister's ultimatum. "The heck you say!" she bellowed. To leave sprinkles OFF of cookies was a grievous error, one which she couldn't let a beloved family member make. "Come on, Sweet Madame Green. Don't let her weirding way fool you. The only true cookies are those made with sprinkles!"

Niner followed the blue filly, but took a few steps back as she looked at the pink girl he came in with. He didn't even know anybody's name, but it seemed that they had some kinda history. Perhaps not a pleasant one. "I-uh, I like any cookies. With or without sprinkles. I can mix things!" he said, trying to be helpful. No way was he getting in the middle of a girl fight.

Syrcaid

Luafien

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:59 am
"Cookies? I don't remember being allowed a vote on that," Knots lifted up her captain's cap and scratched the top of her head. "Hey, wait!!"

She paused and looked at Warp Nine. "You've been shanghai'd into this, haven't you? My name's Knots and I thought we were going to bake a CAKE!!!"

Knots put up both forehooves to her mouth and shouted into the kitchen towards the sisters.

Scaramouche Fandango

Luafien

[quote="Scaramouche Fandango"][/quote]
[quote="Luafien"][/quote]

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:44 am
The pink earth filly grinned sheepishly. She hadn't thought about whose kitchen this actually was, and since she KNEW it wasn't hers or TART's, and it probably was safe to assume it wasn't Yellow Kid's, that made it pretty likely that it belonged to the unicorn. "A cake is fine, too, just so long as it has sprinkles!" she shouted back. She couldn't let her sister's reign of terror begin with an all-out sprinkles ban. The sprinkle lobby would never let her hear the end of it!

Warp Nine could hug her. Knots seemed to be the sanest girl in the room. "Hi, Knots! I'm confused, and I like cake just as much as I like cookies!" He'd ask about getting to hold the mixing bowl later, once things were settled.

Syrcaid

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces