Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply Otogakure ((Hidden Village of Sound)) [Rice Country]
Otogakure Tunnels

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 pm
Under the city is a labyrinth of tunnels that leads all over the city. They are old and breaking down currently. Some of the tunnels only lead to dead ends and people can get lost down here to never be found again. These tunnels are never to be gone into without the permission of the Otokage first.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:16 am
Raine hung limp in the hands of the secret police. Their grip was tight and unforgiving and pi curled even tighter around his neck. Everything was going as planned though, he was unscathed by the offenses of the gaurds and they were headed towards the tunnels. He had no idea that no one on his team was behind him yet. All he had was Pi.

The two men carrying him were heading towards an old part of town where the poorest villagers lived. This place was quieter then Raine remembered it. Surely due to the Otobe moving people away from the headquarters of the police. Now he was being dragged through trees and they came to a building that lead into the ground. Raine dared not look up but felt the stone on his feet where the stairs began. When the policemen came to the door, one of them released Raine. There was a faint ruffling of papers and then the man placed his hand against the door. A faint glow of chakra and the door opened. Then the darkness ate everything.

Oh s**t... there is no way for them to follow me...

Yet he had pi, and down in the tunnels the small worm-lizard was king. He could sense the earth with vibrations and navigate the tunnels like no other. Even lead them to an exit if need be.  

cheerios18

hedpefan rolled 2 20-sided dice: 5, 9 Total: 14 (2-40)

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:22 am
Jiro ran the way that he figured Raine and the two officers would have gone he ran and ran. He did however stay in a crouched position so that he could run in the most sneaky way possible. Jiro peered into the darkness that was all around him as he ran and eventually he ran upon Raine and the two men. Jiro followed the men until they got to what seemed to be another entrance to the tunnels. Jiro didn't have his maps with him so he would have to make sure he was tailing them. Jiro watched as one of the men pressed their hand against the gate and put chakra into it. Jiro smiled and watched as the door opened. Once the door was swinging closed Jiro quickly ran over and after the door had completely swung shut Jiro got right up. He pressed his hand against the side just like the officer and put chakra into it. Jiro smiled as he watched the door open. Jiro slowly opened the door and ran in, making sure the door closed quietly.. Jiro smiled and crouched down in the darkness and slowly followed the two men and Raine.

Dice checks for Jiro:
Stealth: 5 + 20 + 24 = 49
Survival (Tracking): 9 + 20 + 10 = 39 (passed)
Dc for survival: 20  
hedpefan rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:16 am
Chakra control check: 15 + 45 + 19 = 79
Dc: 45  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

cheerios18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:44 am
Voices grew in the tunnels and the men wound further and further into the passages. Raine was convinced he was on his own now. Having to face whatever dangers lay down here, alone and without his weapons. This didn't disconcert him though. The three slowed to a stop.

"Your papers." A voice said.

The two men both relieved one of their hands from Raine's weight and russled with papers then picked him back up.

"Very good. Get it checked in."

They moved again and Raine was left wondering if they were referring to him as "it".... The light dimmed behind his eyelids to the warmglow that he had remembered the tunnels to be. They were still lit by fire and they smelled dank, but something was off. All of a sudden he could hear himself surrounded by people. They were in a large room, and though everyone was fairly quiet their footsteps gave them away. It seemed like he was in the company of 20 some people.

Then he was flat on the floor jotled by the sudden movement and impact with the cold stone floor Raine twitched and tried to hide that he was still concious. The secret police members stepped back and another set of footsteps appeared. Raine could feel the prescene above him, and his stomach sunk. This was nothing like what he imagined would happen. And he hungered to open his eyes and look around. The third figure stooped down next to him and grabbed his chin and straining his neck to see his face.

For a moment the boy was afraid he would be noticed as a wanted shinobi. He was on the bingo book now, but he wasn't that infamous.

"Mmm good." The new voice said, it was old and heavy, a man's voice. "You brought a young one... He looks strong. Maybe he'll last longer then the usualls." Raine was pushed onto his back, and the ligth bled through his eyelids. He could feel electric warmth over his stomach. It was chakra. "Hmm... is this a civilian?" The man said.

"Yes."

"This has an unusual amount of chakra for a civilian."
For a second they were all quiet and Raine lay horrified that they would realize his true ability. "No. It's not enough for a normal shinobi. Must be born with it. That should work well with what we've got planned." Raine almost sighed, thank god nin and gen didn't come easy to him!The man snickered and then stood. "Lock him up in the holding cells. They're empty now."

"Your programs are going through supplies quickly."

"Well, you have to bring us more young rebels. Our procedures aren't as successful with the weak and old."

Raine was once again man handled and taken backwards and in another direction to an empty hall. A large metal gate screached, he was throuwn in and the door was locked behind him. Then there was silence.  
hedpefan rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:52 am
Jiro continued to follow the men and was able to sneak past the guard looking for papers. Jiro sighed with a sigh of relief and as he kept on he stared in horror as he looked upon 20 and some people. Even though some of them were scientists it was still a lot of people to sneak past. Jiro took a deep breath and stuck to the wall as he continued to walk through the room. Jiro didn't like anything that he was hearing from any of these people. Aki do not come out at all. We need to be quiet. If I call to you I want you to come out. The only reason I will call you is in case someone finds me. Jiro thought to Aki. Aki didn't reply to Jiro but, Jiro knew that he brother heard him. Jiro slowly sneaked to the cage that Raine was put in. He then whispered to raine, "Don't say anything but, I'm here to get you don't worry.
Jiro then looked around the room for something to help him get Raine out.

Stealth check: 11 + 20 + 24 = 55  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
hedpefan rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:00 am
Awareness check (Guards): 7 + 7 + 7 = 21  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:25 am
Raine perked up immediately seeing jiro. He was amazed that the man had managed to sneak passed everyone in the tunnels.

"What how-" Raine started but then realixed it was a stupid question. He looked at the lock on the cage. "Maybe you could pick it?" He said looking up at the man. "What are we going to do once we get out of here?" He wasn't sure that he was as stealthy as the twins.

"Do you think--" The boy hesitated, "I could stay down here for a while so they don't get suspicious. I can handle most torture."  

cheerios18

hedpefan rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 am
Jiro shook his head and said to Raine. No you can't stay down here. It's too dangerous we have no idea what they have planned for you. Jiro went into his pouched on his thigh and pulled out a kunai.

Jiro then looked back to the room with all of the scientist and guards. If you want I can unlock this and Aki and I can defeat them or.. Jiro smiled and turned towards the door. You and I can fight together and find the scrolls for the rebellion. Jiro smiled a bit and turned back to the way that he came.

Jiro knew that Aki would in no way approve of them just leaving Raine there so, Jiro knew that he would have to stay firm on not leaving him. Jiro had heard about some of the torture techniques from anbu and others but, what he had been hearing from the guards in here didn't sound good to him at all. Jiro you better be careful. Aki said to him in his mind. Jiro nodded but, didn't say anything back to Aki. Jiro sighed a bit and knew that if it came down to it they might have to give a life for these scrolls. These scrolls were not good news at all for anybody.

Awareness check (Guard): D20 + 7
Stealth check (Jiro): D20 + 20 + 24 (Jiro wins based on skill.)  
hedpefan rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 am
forgot jiro's roll sweatdrop )  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

cheerios18

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:11 pm
This hallways is empty so for now we don't have to be stealthy unless we go somewhere else."

Raine nodded, "We need to find out what they planned to do with me." He said looking at the lock. "Yeah, unlock it. But--" he hesitated, the young boy didn't know if he entirely trusted these two. "I think we should only fight if we have to, as a last resort. They aren't supposed to know we're here and once word gets out that there are ninja attacking this place 20 people will turn into hundreds of Otobe. We might not make it out of here alive..." Before his approach would have been the same, go in guns blazing, but ever sense the nigth the Otobe attacked he had to redine his whole strategy.

"I wish you weren't a Tekkenseisai."

His mother's words still rung in his soul. "I thought that's what Shif and Shisui were doing." He was refering to the scrolls. He doubted they could find the actual scrolls down here, maybe notes-- but the real ones would be under heavy protection. "Anyway--bust me out before someone comes! We can explore this place and see what's down some of the other tunnels maybe there won't be as many guards around."  
Otogakure ((Hidden Village of Sound)) [Rice Country]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games