Heltyr's muzzle had long-since healed, leaving her with a few nasty scars across it but no lingering problems, and she had returned to full fighting capability a long time ago. Unfortunately, the wounds to her pride took longer to heal, and even now she was searching for some more meaning to her life, something to redeem her from having lost so badly before. She couldn't think of anything, however... Maybe if she visited a - an acquaintance, of hers... Maybe Siochana could help her to sort herself out. She had in times, past, after all. Now shouldn't be too different.

Siochana, however, had changed greatly. She'd spent so long idle due to the cubs that had waited to emerge in her belly, and now that they were here, she was coddling the four little lives, cleaning each one, as she watched her students training, "Good! But remember that if you leave your neck open like that, a well trained Tirma'eth or Quateth can get their claws in there. Even the stupidest lion can see an opening." Her voice boomed. Despite giving birth only the night before, she was already back to her full strength, even if she was keeping such a cautious watch over her little ones. A familiar scent reached her nose, and she saw Heltyr's mane glinting in the full light, making her smile. "Ah, well if it isn't Heltyr. Welcome."

Scenting the difference about Siochana, and catching the similar-odor of the otherwise milk-scented cubs, Heltyr stopped her approach at more of a distance than she might have otherwise. Far be it from her to approach a nursing mother, particularly when her cubs were right there. "Greetings, Siochana," she said simply, and looked out over at the training lions and lionesses. "I was hoping to speak with you, but I will wait until you have the time, if you need."

"I have time, Heltyr. Feel free to come and sit with me." She was very good at multitasking at this point. After all, her little ones demanded her attention rather frequently. As most of them curled into their little cub-pile, Siochana's head turned back to her students. and she frowned, "Would you stop putting your weight on your back flank? He's going to knock you flat!" Within the next moment, the student's opponent had done just that, leaving Sio sighing in exhasperation. Her students could be so daft....

Chuckling a little, Heltyr approached again, taking a seat a short distance away from her friend. "How you have the patience to deal with teaching, I will never understand." She supposed it was a Sparda-side thing, but then again it could just as easily be Sio herself, who Heltyr couldn't see being any different even if she was Morifaer-aligned. "Are you and yours doing well, then?"

"My grandmother taught me how to temper myself with patience." She responded, licking the little white cub as she stirred in the pile of her sisters, "And yes. We're well. Even if they're only a day old, they're still very strong. Healthy little children." Her mismatched gaze turned back to Heltyr, and she smiled warmly, "Now. What was it you had to ask me? I'm willing to answer almost anything."

“Patience, hm?" Heltyr asked, watching as Siochana interacted with her cubs. Was - was that one white? How unfortunate for the small creature. "I'm afraid that's something I find myself without," she said, but not all that concerned about missing that particular virtue. "Nothing in particular," the mostly-black lioness admitted. "I have merely been... searching for something, I know not what. And you have been... helpful, in the past."

She watched Hetlyr's gaze, and she saw the momentary cringe when she saw her little Na'artue of a cub. Licking the small one's head agan, reassuringly, she spoke once more, "You feel a hole you do not understand why it is there?" She enquired. A smile lit Siochana's face, as she curled about her little ones once more, feeling the small dark one, that was a mix of herself, and her mother, trying to squirm away, "I think I may know...what you wish....COme here." As she waited for Heltyr to respond, she yelled at one of her students who had a female on her back, "Get your TEETH OFF HER THROAT. You are supposed to hover, not bite. Scars are a sign of pride, but we are TRAINING, not FIGHTING.'

Heltyr paused, wondering what the other lioness could mean - and then jumped a little as she realized that Siochana meant to comenear her, to come near her cubs "Are you - entirely sure that would be wise, Siochana? I would not harm them, not intentionally, but -" But... what? She couldn't say that she was afraid, she could never admit something so shameful. At least she was spared for a moment while the red lioness' attention was diverted to her students.

It wasn't long before Sio's attention was back to Heltyr again, "There's no need for you to be so jumpy, Heltyr. I trust you. It's going to be alright." The small black cub, however, had managed to wriggle her way out from the pile, and was squiggling towards Heltyr on unsteady paws, mewling, her eyes still closed, she was so young. The female gently took her in her mouth, laying her back on the pile, "Now stop that, Narakera. You need to stay put."

"Headstrong, isn't she?" Heltyr chuckled, edging closer as her curiosity brought her to stare at the little black cub. "A bit young tobe out exploring, though. Best to stay with your mother for now, small one. There will be time for journeys later."

Sio laughed softly, "Yes. She is a very active little thing. Intent on causing her mother worry and heartache. I fear that her wanderlust will only grow with age." Licking the dark, little head, she smiled lovingly, watching as the cub wriggled over to the new smell, and the new sound. Those still closed eyes turned up, and tiny paws reached out towards Heltyr, the tiny cub making a warm mewling sound, "I do believe she likes you, Heltyr.'" A warm sound rumbled from her...utnil she noticed another idiot, "Oh, would you get off him? You're finished. Switch partners."

"She is... very beautiful," Heltyr said cautiously, sniffing the cub once before trying to nudge her back in the direction of her waiting mother. "I --- thank you, Siochana. I believe I have some idea of what to do about the feeling that has consumed me as of late," the dark lioness said, getting to her paws. "I shall take my leave now, so you needn't divide your attention any further. Perhaps we could speak again sometime?"

"Of course, Heltyr." Gently gathering her cubs into a small pile again, she moved over, and gently nosed the younger lioness, "You are always welcome with me, Dear friend. Should ever you need something, my ear will be open, and my den as well. Take care of yourself"

"Same to you, Siochana," Heltyr said, and spared a smile for the red female. "The very same to you and yours." Taking a moment to nose Siochana in return, Heltyr then turned and rapidly trotted off before she could even begin to consider changing her mind and sticking around for a longer visit.

Word Count: 1222