Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Matemoto wasn't a dueler. But...it seemed like he hadn't dueled in a while, so he should get some more practice in. Who better than an outsider? At least they wouldn't be a soldier, honed in battle and pinning him with one hit. No, he didn't really want to be embarrassed like that. His one fight, his one win, had been against Chaka, but that was luck. They both had known that. His paws had flailed in front of him, and it was only a miracle that they had hit.

So when he had heard the call of a challenger....well, Matemoto figured it couldn't hurt to answer!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:22 pm
User Image

Long was not the type to dwell or mope or let something like his loss get to him. But everything seemed more important with Xin around, he was used to being stronger and healthier than her while she recovered, protecting her, and now he couldn't even get on the same level as her on the first try. He was letting this division in acceptance get into his head. Which was why shortly after his first failed attempt, he was back in the middle of the training grounds, looking for a retry.

He was glad when a different lion appeared. Matemoto was less brightly colored than the previous challenger, there was red on him but it was more like Long. And he liked that.

With a sigh, he nodded.. and waited for Matemoto to make the first move.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm
Ah, this was going to be interesting! Matemoto was used to seeing red lions, but this one seemed different, with his markings. His posture and body language was different too, so Matemoto didn't bother waiting before going ahead with the first strike. It seemed foolish and silly, but then, Matemoto wasn't a really good fighter, either.

Still, it seemed like his luck was with him! Strike! Matemoto had aimed for a shoulder, and his paw had landed well.  
Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 pm
While he was definitely overthinking everything, he was ready for Matemoto's first move. He waited a little too long to react and was rewarded with a sharp pain through his leg and a threat to his balance.. but he gritted his teeth and reached up with the opposite leg to strike back at Matemoto's other leg. And despite fighting his mind, the pain in his leg and balancing on the same leg his opponent struck.. he somehow landed his blow and stayed o his feet.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:31 pm
"Ouch."

Oops, Matemoto probably wasn't supposed to betray how he felt, but...he couldn't help it. He was surprised that he was hit, and hit good! It was only fair, but the hunter couldn't help his reactions. He wasn't a stone-faced soldier like some others he came across. No, he was just a hunter that didn't want to fail at battling all the time, either. So far, so good.

He threw his forepaw out again, and was rewarded with the whistling sound of air. Crap.  
Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:33 pm
Huolong didn't get a chance to appreciate the effect his hit had, except to smile when he heard his opponent say 'ouch'. It made him feel much more at ease.. or it would, if his paw didn't thump back on the ground so he could take the weight off the leg he struck first, realizing it was a poor decision to shift his weight around like he had.

He jumped back in surprise when a paw flew by his face, and then he started to circle around, which eased the pain in his leg nicely-- but he was very lucky Matemoto had missed or he might have wound up in a poor situation.

"Nice start," he commented.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:39 pm
Matemoto couldn't help it, and cracked a grin at the comment that the stranger had made. "Maybe, but then it all fell to pieces," he said with a chuckle. "At least I didn't fall on my face. This time." He made no promises. If he managed to miss again, he might faceplant!

His brother, Chaka, and even his sister, Shisa, would be horrified at how horrible he was battling right now. Maybe even insulted, but....hopefully they wouldn't find out about this. He was just a hunter, and he'd remind them of that if they came by to make fun of him.  
Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:44 pm
This was much easier, it seemed lucky that he had managed to find himself someone who was so easy-going about this. He certainly expected to fall on his face next, after all, that would have finished off that last duel perfectly. A good faceplant.

"We'll see," he said, grinning, clearly intent on seeing if he could get Matemoto's face into the sand now-- but not with any malice behind it. He lunged forward, giving a straight-forward shove a shot.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:50 pm
Well, Matemoto was good at being a bit of a failure at things. He found this all amusing, and then Huolong had decided to lunge at him. Get him where it hurt. Make him eat his words. Even if it was all in good fun, no one ever actually wanted their face planted into the sand. It was impossible to get all of the sand out!

Long succeeded, and Matemoto fell flat into the sand, his legs flailing around. He tried to get Huolong off, but he couldn't see what he was doing, and wasn't getting anywhere with his arms swinging every which way.  
Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:59 pm
Long was flabbergasted that he was actually successful in pushing Matemoto to the ground- and he couldn't hold back a laugh. He put some space between him and the other lion, choosing to circle around rather than kick him while he was down.

"I didn't expect that to work," he said, "Did I catch you by surprise?"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:06 pm
Matemoto jumped up once he didn't feel the weight on him anymore, spitting out sand from his mouth and shaking his face clean. He just didn't have it in him to attack anymore, so he took a moment to try and get the worst of it away from his eyes, nose, and mouth. All the annoying bits in his ears and elsewhere could wait until later.

"Guess I shouldn't open my big mouth. Literally and figuratively. Yes, you did," Matemoto laughed.  
Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 1!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:09 pm
Watching Matemoto sputter and try to get the sand out of his head, Long felt guilty.. but they were dueling and it wasn't the worst of possible outcomes. He gave him a moment to work on the sand and then he leaped forward again- but he landed short, almost as if on purpose. It seemed their duel was winding down now.  

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:19 pm
Matemoto shook his head a bit more, getting a bit more sand out of his face. "I think you've clearly won your way in, stranger." He was trying to laugh, but it was hard when you kept finding sand in your mouth.

"Welcome to your home," he said with a grin. "I promise, I'm a better hunter than I am a fighter. Come to me if you need a meal!"  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:22 pm
"Huolong," he interrupted when Matemoto called him stranger, smiling. If he had hands, now is when he would offer one to shake. The way Matemoto talked about it, he wasn't exactly the most appropriate challenger for this but Long wasn't so worried about possibly having dueled a dud to get in. He was in and he would prove he deserved it.

"Thank you!"

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

[IC] Motoujamii-Simo Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out