Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] The Next Big Adventure (Tirla and Vatsa) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 pm
User Image

Tirla had been flying for as much of the day as she could. But the freezing rain was too much for her to remain aloft. She had finally landed on a muddy and slushy trail and was trudging, looking for someplace to shelter from the storm.

Fetlock clumped with wet and ice and refusing to stay out of her eyes, Tirla knew she looked a muddy mess. She knew it would take forever to get her leg feathering clean and detangled. And her goggles were fogged up to the point of uselessness. Right now she didn't care, so long as she found somewhere warm soon.

Head down, she barely paid attention to her surroundings. She needed some deep overhanging trees or a cave. Tirla had never regretted her adventurous nature, the desire to explore new things. But just this moment, she wished she knew where she was and where she could find someplace safe and dry.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:04 pm
User Image

Vatsa was pretty hardy, but even he had to admit the weather was pretty crummy that day. Rain or snow wasn't too bad, but sleet was a horrible, slushy medium that could leave one feeling chilled to the bone if you stayed out too long, so he was looking for one of the caves he knew he was nearby.

'Where's that tree?' he mused out loud, looking for the old, twisted and burnt remant of a tree that had been struck by lightning during summer storms and now served as a handy landmark. Not far from it was a cave that hidden by thick bushes, and so was not easy to stumble on (unless of course one knew where it was).

He shook his sopping wet mane from out of his eyes and looking around thought he caught sight of something thin, black and pointing skywards, and headed towards it, hooves sloshing on the wet ground.

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:45 pm
Tirla stopped. The sounds around her a bit muffled by the rain, but she still thought she heard a voice. Blinking water and ice crystals from her eyes, she looks around.

She almost missed the dark stallion in the gloomy light and shadows of the trees. Not cautious by nature, though she should be with her wings to wet to fly, Tirla calls out. "Hello?" voice a bit weak with cold. Clearing it with a slight cough, she tries again. "Your pardon, I'm Tirla. Know you of shelter nearby?"

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:04 am
Vatsa was a little startled, well more than a little as he'd only been paying attention on getting to the cave but he recovered quickly and tried to act as if he hadn't jumped at all. He peered into the gloom, trying to see where and who the voice had come from.

'Hello?' he said, before locating the mare, and shaking his wet mane from his face again he added;
'I was just heading to a cave I know of, it should be near..' he looked about again, and saw the ruined tree.

'This tree. Follow me.' he said, turning and walking off as he did so.

He would be polite and offer his name in return when they were out of the foul weather, for now he headed past the dead tree, pushing his way through thick bushes and getting wetter in the process, but a few minutes later he stood at the cave entrance, turning towards the mare and stepping aside so she could go in first.

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:27 am
Tirla sighs with relief and follows the stallion. She doesn't even pause as he reveals the cave opening. Sliding past him, she can feel her skin tremble with the wet and cold. Hopefully it would warm up in the cave soon with them both producing body heat.

After moving far enough in that he has plenty of room to slide in out of the cold and wet, she turns back with a smile. It is a bit strained and wan, but genuine. "Thank you. I was beginning to despair finding somewhere to wait out the storm and the night. I . . . I'm not sure if you heard, I'm Tirla. I appreciate the rescue."

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:26 am
Vatsa shook himself in the entrance of the cave like a great, purple dog and then walked in properly, looking at the dripping mare.

'I'd have a bit of a shake if I were you, get the excess off.' he suggested, with a little nod.

'Oh yes, I did catch your name, it's very lovely, as are you.' Vatsa smiled, a fine compliment at the moment, for he wagered she was feeling anything but lovely.
'I hope you forgive me for not answering straight away with my own, but I thought it best to get out of the weather first. I am Vatsa, and I am pleased to meet you, pity it's not under better circumstances.'

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 am
Tirla nods at the suggestion and heads past him back to the cave entrance. "Yes, thank you. I didn't want to delay you're entrance with such things." Having a good shake helps. Even her wings open and snap against the air a few times to clear them of water and lingering ice.

Her head dips in polite greeting and acceptance, "It is good to meet you Vatsa. I am very grateful to be out of the weather. And your name is worth the wait. Thank you."

Tirla looks around the cave, which was rather larger than she had expected. Stepping back into the cave and away from the chill air of the opening, she gives Vatsa a stronger smile. "I'm not from this area. Is weather like this common? Do you often have to rescue waterlogged mares? Not that I imagine any of them mind being rescued by such a charming stallion."

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:31 am
'Oh no, it's just my name. Silly thing, had it since I was a colt.' Vatsa grinned, walking right up to the mare and giving the strange thing on her head a poke.

'Never seen that before, what's it for?' he asked, before taking a short step back so he wasn't crowding the mare before he thought of answering her questions.

'The weather? Well it's winter, cold, squally wet weather is to be expected, and I'm afraid I've not seen to many lovely ladies like yourself recently needing to be assisted. But, I'm always happy to oblige a pretty face.'

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:13 pm
Tirla blinks, trying to follow the stallion's words. She takes half a step back when he pokes at her goggles. "They're goggles. They protect my eyes when I'm flying fast or in the rain. Ice, though . . . they just fog up and aren't very helpful."

She decides to ignore the flattery for a moment. That's all it was, after all. Right now she knew she looked a bedraggled mess.

Looking around the cave, "This place is fairly nice. Enough room not to feel too crowded if you have to shelter in it long. I suppose I should find something like this for the winter. I've been traveling since spring, exploring new lands as I go. I love finding new things. But winter . . . it isn't good for traveling. I'm lucky I didn't end up caught out in something worse."

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:59 am
'Goggles.' Vatsa repeated the unfamiliar word, trying it out. It was kind of a funny sounding word, but he supposed the object itself was fairly useful, well, weather permitting.

'Where did you get them from? If you don't mind my asking, I've never seen anyone with gog-gles before.'

Vatsa was always free with compliments, but he always meant them as well, they were never throw away, or said just for lack of something better to say. Tirla was beautiful, despite how she might feel or how the weather had made her look. He admired her warm hued pelt and her striking pale eyes.
He nodded at her words;
'I have a few little bolt holes like this, dotted here and there on my well travelled routes. Very handy for when the weather turns foul. I don't stay in them beyond that though, I am okay travelling all year round.'

He didn't have anyone to go home to either; he was single and his family was mostly scattered.

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:23 pm
Tirla shrugs, "My father gave them to me. I think they were from a two-legger. He liked to explore too. But he didn't stay around long. He came and visited once and gave me the googles, then was gone adventuring again. I sometimes wonder if I'll find him in my travels." She shrugs again, as if it's just a passing wonder, not something she seeks or is worried about.

"I don't usually travel in the places I know. That just . . . isn't as fun. I want to see the new thing, the things I've never seen before! It makes it hard to have bolt holes. But . . . I can see where such would be really useful."

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:15 am
'It's not possible to never travel through a place you already know, world is only so big.'

Vatsa pointed out politely, giving a faint shiver as water from his mane ran down his neck. He was going to take a while to dry out, and it looked like he and probably she were to be there the whole night.

'Do you not have somewhere you call home? My family might not be what could be termed 'close' but I try to visit every now and then in case anyone has felt like doing the same. I might add as well, you have a distinct advantage in ways of travelling over me.' he smiled.

'I just have my hooves. Your lovely wings can take you new places alot faster than my hooves ever could.'

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:57 am
Tirla nods, "I suppose I might run into that problem eventually. But I've been traveling since spring and have not yet retraced, except of purpose."

She sighs at his next question, blinking a few times before answering. "As I said, I have only met my father once. My mother was killed by a skinwalker. I have no siblings. And I have never found a herd that I wished to stay with more than I wished to explore."

"Perhaps, when I have seen all I can, or when I meet those who's company I value more than exploration and adventure . . . I don't know. You're right, I have wings. To stay on the ground . . . "
Tirla shakes her head.

"I have seen so much. And each sunrise and sunset is a different and beautiful sight. Each small stream in a dark wood a secret treasure. Each mountain valley a hidden gem."

"It is lonely, sometimes. I find myself longing for someone to share the joys of life with. But . . . it is also endless wonder. And amazing freedom."

CitrusCupcake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:49 am
'I am very sorry for your loss.'

Vatsa looked most contrite; firstly for bringing up (albeit quite without meaning to) a painful subject, and secondly for speaking about his family in what might be seemed as an ungrateful manner when this mare had lost one parent, and barely knew the other.

'I apologise, I did not want to offend or cause upset.' he said, his usual carefree manner making way for solemn contriteness.

'Do not think that I bemoan not having wings, I haveseen much on my old hooves.' he said, grasping onto the change of subject.

'I can see that it would be wondrous, and freeing. I get the lonely as well, I think my wandering ways would definately be curtailed by a lovely face, and the promise of little hooves and a place to call my own home.' he smiled at that thought, though he felt a little surprise at her admission that she had no one of that sort.

'No one has swept you off your hooves then?'

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:15 am
Tirla shakes her head. "No offense. It is what is, and it won't be changed for a few words. Remembering might bring a twinge of of pain, but also a memory of joy. And you did nothing offensive."

She smiles politely as she continues to listen to him. Her smile turning into a grin at his last question. "I am so very often off my hooves . . ." her laugh is soft. It isn't musical, but it isn't braying.

"But no, I have no mate. Not even a dalliance. I . . . I haven't honestly given much opportunity for such. If it weren't for the weather . . . I likely would have passed you by with little more than a smile and wing waggle on my way."

"I . . . I don't know. I think I'm afraid of being tied to one place. Of losing the thrill of adventure."
Tirla shakes her head. "Is that not why you wander? Surely there are two or three mares waiting for your return to your herd to pick one of them and settle down. You are rather hansom not to have left at least a few broken hearts."

CitrusCupcake

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces