Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:48 pm
User Image

Imre wandered away from the Pride lands for a little bit. Atilla was with the girls, doing his thing, so Imre decided this would be the best chance to get to know the land a little more. He walked the borders a bit, before crossing back into the unknown familiar territory. The charcoal lion did not miss the land at all. The Pride lands had so much to offer that there was something they could do every day without getting bored.

So the question was…why had Imre decided to trek into the territory he hadn’t walked in since before coming to his new home lands? Imre sighed, back tracking his steps to cross the borders once more, before the sound of rustling caught his attention.

Curiosity getting the better of him, the charcoal male headed towards the sound. His ears were alert as he crept closer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:40 pm
User Image

Kry'siin had never before yearned for closeness with another being in her life. She never minded brief interactions with them or even a few days in another's company, but never more than that. She wasn't lonely, nor did she ever think her heavily rogue oriented life to be strange.

She wasn't particularly scared of strangers, and caution just wasn't in her vocabulary. So when she spotted the pretty, dark coated male she followed after him for a bit. Just to see how long it would take him to notice; a game of sorts.

But then she felt a little bored with it right away and moved away, moving in a large arc so she could get ahead of him and double back. But her plan had some holes in it, because as she skirted under a bush (much too carefree to go around it instead) her foot tangled in a vine and she landed against the ground with a great oomph.

she struggled to untangle her foot, though after a moment she paused and craned her neck to try and see her 'prey'.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:06 pm
His bright blue eyes found who he had heard, a pretty little lioness of a dusty coat, and similar blonde tufts of hair that he had. He tilted his head a bit from where he was, not sure whether or not to smile or frown at the scene before him. The lioness appeared to be in a tangle, quite literally. Her foot stuck in the vine. How very curious. Imre pondered just what had distracted the graceful lioness to get trapped in the vines.

Then she had craned her neck at him.

Was he the distraction? His eyebrows shot up as his ears perked forward. He thought he was rather quiet in following the rustling sounds, but maybe pride life had rusted his stealth skills. He shrugged inwardly, calling out to the female.

“Do you need any help there, miss?”

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:34 pm

She cleared her throat, the mischievous look in her gaze cooling off. Well. That hadn't been much fun, had it? He'd found her first! She finally stilled herself, not bothering with trying to free her leg from the vine any longer. Instead she shifted her body, rolling to her side slightly and acting mostly like she'd been laying there the whole time.

"Help?" She sounded amused. "Why would I need any help?" Like she was going to admit her foolish mistake to anyone! Hah! Her dark tipped tail gave a flick as her green eyes met his blue. They were very bright against his dark fur, pretty. And his mane was blonde; a good color for a mane.

Too polite, she thought at first. She liked her males rowdy and load, ready for a race... not... looking for damsels in distress or whatever. "Do you think I'm helpless or something?" She raised her eyebrows, a challenge in her voice.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:39 pm
“Uh…well no, I didn’t mean…that.” Imre was at a loss for words. Surely the lioness was tangled in the vines, hence the loudness of the struggles he heard.

Wasn’t she?

Well, either way, she looked as if she needed help, and the dark lion wasn’t going to be one to dismiss help when one needed it.

“I…you just looked like you…” Imre held his tongue. He had to pick his words carefully, especially with the tone the female held in her own voice. “…” He had nothing. Deciding to best make light of what was becoming a more challenging situation by the minute, he decided to switch the subject.

“I’m Imre?” he offered.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:10 pm
    Kry'siin schooled her face to keep her expression cool and slightly intimidating as the dark male stumbled through a response. It was fun to mess with lions like this, especially when they became flustered because of it. She wondered how long she could keep it up and if she could untangle her foot subtly while speaking to him?

She gave it a little tug but decided that wasn't the best plan. "Just because I've gotten myself stuck in some vines doesn't mean I'm helpless or am looking for help." He was becoming tongue-tied anyhow. "Do you take it upon yourself to ask everyone you come by if they need help... just because they've found themselves in a spot of trouble?"

Her tail gave another flick and she shifted herself into a sort of sitting position. Finally the male stumbled onto his name and Kry'siin couldn't help it anymore, she laughed. Her laugh was deep and almost masculine but not quite, it fit well with her raspy voice. Odd, but not an ugly sound. "Well aren't you a charmer, Imre? If you could just bite the end of the vine over there?" She nodded her head toward some of the bush's branches, where the vines had grown from. The vines which trapped her foot... was she asking for help finally? The mischief was back in her eyes again, he wouldn't have her name that easily. "I've a great ability to know what living plants want and this one simply is sick and tired of sharing it's space with the vine. You'd be doing it a great favor, you know."

She wondered if he was going to call her on her shenanigans, play along... or completely believe her.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:25 pm
“Well, yes, I do.” Imre stated matter-of-factly. “It is how I would like to be treated if I were to ever run into trouble. I take it you do not feel the same way?” The lion frowned, wishing he didn’t have the ‘need to help others constantly’ complex all the time. It seemed to be getting him into trouble.

“I…uh…” Imre shifted uncomfortably once more. Atilla was more of the charmer. Imre was the…brains?

“Uhm…sure.” The lion moved to the vines that trapped the foot of the other. He missed the mischievous glint in the others eye. “You know what plants want?” This lioness was a curious creature. First insisting that she wasn’t trapped in the root system, and now saying she knew what plants wanted? Maybe she was one of the god blood, where she just had one of those…special gifts?

Whatever it was, his jaw clamped around the vine, snapping it a part with ease. “Now that’s two favors completed?” He had freed the lioness, one. And now he had rid the plant of the vine, two.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:42 pm
    She snorted at his answer, rolling her eyes. "Typical male. And yes, actually, I don't feel the same way. Me? I'd rather try as many things on my own before having to rely on others. Doesn't it get tiring relying on other lions for your life? You're a male, you should be capable of helping yourself!" Though he only said he'd wish to be treated like that, not that he constantly was. "And I'm a female and I can look after myself." She shrugged lightly, deciding maybe she should let up on the darker male. He had planned along quite handsomely, after all. Most strangers would have been long gone by now.

She stood up and shook herself free of dust when she was freed, struggling hard not to laugh at the poor male. He sounded truly curious of her 'strange gift', not like he was just humoring her and thinking she was crazy. "Oh wow... have you ever met a lion who knew what a plant wanted?" Her words weren't completely unkind, just a little shocked. "Really... you're something else." She shook her head softly.

She scrunched her nose. "Two favors? I count one favor to the bush there. Besides... what are you counting up favors for? Does that bush owe you something for freeing it of the pesky vine?" Her eyes narrowed, wondering if he was a bad guy after all.

"And here I felt just about ready to give you my name." As if her name was something awesome to have.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:59 pm
Imre backed away a bit from the female. He really was at a lost for words with this one. “I…” He was capable of helping himself? Just as most other creatures were for themselves too. Didn’t others want to know there would always be someone there to help them if they ever needed? That was how rogues died out in these lands, by thinking they were all that, and not knowing when to ask help.

“I…no? well…” Oh he didn’t know anymore! So much for giving a lioness the benefit of the doubt! All he wanted to do now was head back into the Pridelands, snuggle up with the girls and Atilla and stay there all day.

“Well…I guess it’s better to be something different then something you expect every day?” he said weakly. “You never know when the favors may need to be returned. Who knows if our paths ever cross again.” By the looks of it, they weren’t going to. But the future was funny sometimes.

He shrugged. “I didn’t ask for your name, so it’s not like I was expecting it to be given.” He stated, glancing back at Pride Rock. He should head back now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm
    Well wasn't he uncomfortable? She felt a tiny bit bad... but just that. It wasn't like she was feeling guilty or ashamed that she'd put him so ill at ease. Though she did like his way of thinking... it was really cool when you ran into the unexpected... but in her experiences, it hadn't happened often at all in her life.

"Need to be returned? So you were trying to help just in case I ever ran into you and you needed help?" She didn't sound impressed at all, more disappointed in fact. "That's the problem with wanting to help others just because you expect you'd like to be helped by others... it's this whole game of owing someone something. How lame is that?" She frowned, deciding she was no longer having fun with this game.

She shrugged her shoulders. "To each their own, I guess. Just to make it clear, I didn't ask for your help. I asked for you to untangle the bush... and while it may have helped me in turn it still wasn't a direct favor to me.... so I don't owe you anything."

And he didn't even want to know her name! What the hell was that? He didn't deserve to know her name! "Hmph..." Though it seemed to upset her just a little bit. She shrugged and rolled her eyes. "Well, whatever Imre. Have fun being the hero. Catch ya' laters then." She snorted at that, obviously thinking on the same line of things as he; she wouldn't really see him ever again.

Lethrossen

Blessed Hunter

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces