View Results

Zwitter-Ironic

Devoted Member

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 am
But would any of you ladies care to take a look at this Disney RP I'm a part of? It's a disney/slice of life and I just found it really interesting. Surprisingly we need girls XD: Dreams Really Do Come True

It's advanced literate-to-literate by the creators standards, 6 sentances per paragraph 2 paragraphs per post. Lets see it was the story which really got me so here it is:

F o r e v e r Brok3n
When people think of Disney, they think of princesses, princes, magic and happy endings, right? Well, with the exception of Bambi, I think we can truly say that Disney has inspired some great happily-ever-after stories even though we know that there are almost no perfect endings to most stories, and most definitely in life. Well, this group of people know exactly what it means to wonder about their happily-ever-after, and they've been on the watch for it ever since they were a child, but gradually their dream of riding off into the sunset faded – as do they all. The children grew up from watching Disney films and became responsible adults with respectable jobs (mostly) and a supposedly-happy life. Now and then, their minds will flicker back to those unreachable happily-ever-afters, and they'll carry on with a sigh. Love is never so perfect as princess meets prince, they fall in love and overcome any obstacle in their path – oh no – just as these people are about to figure out.

Who are these people? Well, how many wonders can one cavern hold? Amongst them, we have a songstress, a hotel maid and an exotic dancer working inside one building – their lives intertwined with that of an actor, a bartender and a small-time gangster. Outside this building there is a park where an artist spends her days looking over the top of her sketch pad at the martial artist who trains in the fresh air. Not to mention the constant protests from a nature activist nearby and her often-exasperated, hired-by-her-father lawyer getting her out of court constantly. Since this woman is worshipped by 'hippies' everywhere, the local newspaper has to run a paper on something, right? Well, the journalist writing the story meets up with his colleague – a pretty photographer – and they act as if they haven't had a crush on each other their entire lives. Not far from this beautiful park is a library where a young bookworm spends her days as the librarian, yet lately she seems to be on the look-out for an older novelist who seems oh-so mysterious and brooding. A woman who also frequents this library has a young child who seems to be constantly at trouble in school, yet the mother doesn't mind because she is sure that her child's schoolteacher is flirting with her. Well, of course it's not as simple as that. These people aren't just cardboard cut-outs, life can be difficult having a soulmate, more so than they probably imagine. Yet, we can see a happily-ever-after on the horizon, no?

That is what everyone is aiming for, you see. Who doesn't want to find their soulmate, fall madly in love and have their own Disney-esque happy ending? They come from all walks of life, as does pretty much everyone in the city of London - different races, different social classes, different careers and very different ideals. Some of them were made for each other and just won't admit it, whereas some are still looking for that one person and just have to look harder to find their prince or princess. Though will they achieve it? That is all up to you, my friend; their lives are now in your hopefully very capable hands. Let's cross our fingers and hope for that one dream come true.

It hasn't started yet and we're waiting for more characters, we need
Aurora: Photographer
Mulan: Artist
Pocahontas: Protester
Ariel: Singer

Those are the female roles but I presume that advanced-to-literate RPers are used to male roles as well?

For the princes still available we have:

Philip: Journalist
Charming: Actor
Aladdin: Small-time gangster

I might make another character. Hmm. Oh well, I hope that someone will come on down and at least look, I'm just really excited for this RP and we don't have a lot of the slots filled which makes me feel like a kid who can't open their presents you know? sweatdrop well... erm. I suppose I should stop typing now *awkward laughing*. I'm just going to back away now and leave this where it is. Just right there.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:33 pm
you should add tiana
i would like to play either her or jasmine

this sounds really interesting!!!!  

twerkkit

Dangerous Noob

7,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Zwitter-Ironic

Devoted Member

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:46 pm
Sorry we just got a Jasmine, sweatdrop and the thread is actually a remake of one from a few years ago so I think it was before princess and the frog. Feel free to look, we haven't started yet because we're waiting for more spots to fill up.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:05 pm
Bump  

Zwitter-Ironic

Devoted Member

8,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Voter 100

noweis

Friend

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:20 pm
ooh okay