Welcome to Gaia! ::

KnifeTalk

Back to Guilds

You can discuss knives or other bladed tools,instruments or weapons. 

Tags: Knife, Knives, Swords, Blades, Katanas 

Reply General Knife Talk - Everything related to knives.
Kunai or Throwing Knife? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knife or Kunai
Throwing Knife
59%
 59%  [ 22 ]
Kunai
18%
 18%  [ 7 ]
Other
21%
 21%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 37

zachstar9

Generous Explorer

4,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Trader 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:00 pm
im getting a ton of money in febuary, i already know what im gonna buy, a sword and a hidden blade, but should i also get throwing knives or kunais? You decide!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:04 pm
I would suggest you buy some nice throwers. Such as those designed by Gil Hibben or Boker.. They are a good economical choice and you can't go wrong with the price vs quality of steel. They'll generally come in 3 sizes. sml, mdm, lrg. I'd say medium is best but I like cool little small ones as well. The larger knives can be fun to throw and can cause some serious penetration, though they are larger(at least 12 inches long and generally on the heavier side making them more difficult to carry.I have a few knuais's. They are fun but I find throwing knifes ore practical. In fact some of the throwing knives I havve could be used for other things tthen just thrrowing.

What sort of sword are you looking to get? I have two hand forged Katanas made by Akio Hattori and a massive two handed medieval sword made by a smythy business in Quebenc, Canada. I'm looking to (very hesitantly) sell on one the katanas and the two handed sword gonk so freakin awesome it is. . I just love them but due to circumstances they must go. These are REAL swords made of tempered high carbon steel. No rat tail tangs or anything of the sort. These are the real thing and could chopped down a tree if need be.
If you know some about manufacturing processes, steel,llding, hardening, quality of material, etc, you should be ok,

Let me know if you want some adivce!  

Tramadoll
Vice Captain

Super Shapeshifter

psimiu

Distinct Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:05 pm
zachstar9
im getting a ton of money in febuary, i already know what im gonna buy, a sword and a hidden blade, but should i also get throwing knives or kunais? You decide!
sweet. What kind of sword??  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:55 pm
A few kunais and a throwing knife!  

deep field

Tramadoll
Vice Captain

Super Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:40 am
deep field
A few kunais and a throwing knife!
You can never have too many! whee  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:55 am
Tramadoll
I would suggest you buy some nice throwers. Such as those designed by Gil Hibben or Boker.. They are a good economical choice and you can't go wrong with the price vs quality of steel. They'll generally come in 3 sizes. sml, mdm, lrg. I'd say medium is best but I like cool little small ones as well. The larger knives can be fun to throw and can cause some serious penetration, though they are larger(at least 12 inches long and generally on the heavier side making them more difficult to carry.I have a few knuais's. They are fun but I find throwing knifes ore practical. In fact some of the throwing knives I havve could be used for other things tthen just thrrowing.

What sort of sword are you looking to get? I have two hand forged Katanas made by Akio Hattori and a massive two handed medieval sword made by a smythy business in Quebenc, Canada. I'm looking to (very hesitantly) sell on one the katanas and the two handed sword gonk so freakin awesome it is. . I just love them but due to circumstances they must go. These are REAL swords made of tempered high carbon steel. No rat tail tangs or anything of the sort. These are the real thing and could chopped down a tree if need be.
If you know some about manufacturing processes, steel,llding, hardening, quality of material, etc, you should be ok,

would you mind make me a vice captain??  

lucifer renewal

Golden Duelist

10,750 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PvP 200

Tramadoll
Vice Captain

Super Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:35 am
prince shilvalian
Tramadoll

would you mind make me a vice captain??
Shoot me a PM on the subject.  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:15 am
should you be unable to decide- get both mrgreen  

sleepeons

Shapeshifter

Ultimate Sword000

Dangerous Friend

8,450 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:33 pm
whats better about the throwing knife i dont know which ta choooosseee gonk  
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:47 pm
Sword000
For me, in my experience, throwing knives generally have more uses other then just the intended use, being throwing. Like you can use many styles of throwers just as you would a normal fixed blade knife. yah know like cutting up some apples or something. Sure a Kunai could do that but the blade style doesnt really lend itself to the task. Plus usually throwing knives seem to come with better more functional and comfortable sheaths then Kunais. Not too mention its kinda tough to find good quality Kunais because everyones trying to rip off the Otakus. Cause they think theyr dumb or soemthing. No offense to anyone. I watch a bit of anime. Nuttin wrong with that.  

Tramadoll
Vice Captain

Super Shapeshifter

Ultimate Sword000

Dangerous Friend

8,450 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:50 pm
Tramadoll
Sword000
For me, in my experience, throwing knives generally have more uses other then just the intended use, being throwing. Like you can use many styles of throwers just as you would a normal fixed blade knife. yah know like cutting up some apples or something. Sure a Kunai could do that but the blade style doesnt really lend itself to the task. Plus usually throwing knives seem to come with better more functional and comfortable sheaths then Kunais. Not too mention its kinda tough to find good quality Kunais because everyones trying to rip off the Otakus. Cause they think theyr dumb or soemthing. No offense to anyone. I watch a bit of anime. Nuttin wrong with that.
i believe ya. most companies dont tell you that their fake or their not truly at the best stance in a way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:34 am
zachstar9

A proper Kunai is versatile. it can be used as a knife, a throwing knife, and a climbing implement.  

Noxaus_XIII

Shadowy Phantom

7,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

OneUglyAngel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:34 pm
Noxaus_XIII
zachstar9

A proper Kunai is versatile. it can be used as a knife, a throwing knife, and a climbing implement.

True, they can also be used as a gardening implement! Y'know, their original function...XD I favor the kunai for versatility, but when it comes down to concealment, flat throwing knives are my personal favorite.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:23 pm
OneUglyAngel
Noxaus_XIII
zachstar9

True, they can also be used as a gardening implement! Y'know, their original function...XD I favor the kunai for versatility, but when it comes down to concealment, flat throwing knives are my personal favorite.

But of course! though you can get flat kunai. even so, a flat kunai would be versatile as all get out. can even serve as a prying implement similar to a crowbar.  

Noxaus_XIII

Shadowy Phantom

7,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

sullen8balll

Popular Associate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:28 pm
zachstar9
cleaver
User Image  
General Knife Talk - Everything related to knives.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games