How are your photoshop skills ?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:52 pm
Hi Girls !
I want to improve my photoshop skills...
I like to take pictures and change the background...
I want to make my pictures look more professional when they aren't taken with a
DSL camera. Is that possible?
Like this : the background is softly blurred commonly called the bokeh effect.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Do you have any tips and tricks?

XD I can pass hours on google to search about photoshop tutorials...
I haven't found a favorite website yet... However, sometimes, I don't know how to put in words what I want to create on photoshop making my ''research online'' difficult sweatdrop .

Thank you in advance !  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:15 pm
bump  

Miss_XxAriaxX

XxCeltic_KnotxX

Romantic Lunatic

13,125 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:06 am
I am sure there is classes you can take somewhere that could help you, other than that I just go on the internet sometimes written instructions help more than watching someone else do it. I learned how to use photoshop in highschool and haven't used it since so I am no use to you.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:57 pm
I did photoshop as part of my college course, I had to do extra methods (look into ones on the internet and change bits in the ones we were taught.)
http://www.photoshopstar.com/ <- that's the one that I used and found to be my favorite.

One thing that I created with photoshop

Here is another  

JulietRawR666

Invisible Loiterer

12,100 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:12 pm
girl, if you know how to take photographs, then you don't need a DSL
the person makes the photographer, not the camera
i've made some excellent shots (per my dad, a professional photographer) from my phone, and it's not a smartphone of any kind. it's a standard fliptop
the main thing for taking better shots is practice. carry a point-and-shoot at all time, even if it's a cheap disposable one (though i suggest one that you can scan the pics right onto your cpu/laptop)
when you examine the pictures, see what you like and don't like, and try to remember what you did. keep some you don't like and play around with them
you might get some strange results
take good shots and mess with them
sometimes, just messing around with the program lets you find some unexpected things.
now, my dad and i use Corel PaintShop Pro, not Photoshop at home. at school, they only have Photoshop
on PS, Crtl+f lets you mess with the colors. you can get some crazy results
i found that out by trying to find the shortcut to flatten the image XD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:33 pm
Kitalpha Hart
i've made some excellent shots (per my dad, a professional photographer) from my phone, and it's not a smartphone of any kind. it's a standard fliptop
the main thing for taking better shots is practice. carry a point-and-shoot at all time, even if it's a cheap disposable one (though i suggest one that you can scan the pics right onto your cpu/laptop)
when you examine the pictures, see what you like and don't like, and try to remember what you did. keep some you don't like and play around with them
sometimes, just messing around with the program lets you find some unexpected things.
now, my dad and i use Corel PaintShop Pro, not Photoshop at home. at school, they only have Photoshop
DLS camera shows better details (more pixel), you can take bokeh pictures. I love that effect.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:09 pm
Edited my first post ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 am
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
DLS camera shows better details (more pixel), you can take bokeh pictures. I love that effect.

i lied, it's ctrl-m emotion_facepalm
and i like that pic. i might get my dad to critique it later if you want owo

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:20 pm
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart

I didn't take that picture lol ! It was an example of what DSL camera can do hahaha  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:55 pm
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart
XxAriaxX
Kitalpha Hart

I didn't take that picture lol ! It was an example of what DSL camera can do hahaha

oh, lol XD  

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

Immoral Oblivion

Distinct Noob

9,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:00 pm
Honestly, not to be rude, but you can't turn a bad photograph into a good one with photoshop. When editing, the higher the resolution(to some extent) the better. Also, a DSLR camera is not always the best option for photography. They can be hard to deal with(all of the lens, constantly adjusting in manual mode because you would NOT pay that much to always shoot in automatic). I suggest a long zoom camera, FujiFilm has some GREAT cameras that do some similar things to an SLR. It is no substitute, however. Anyways, about Photoshop, always check the image size. Making it smaller(anything under 8x10) will usually make it a bit better quality rather than working with something 20x30 if you intend on printing. Less is also more, when adding something that you would want your camera t be able to do, use a lower opacity. It makes it look more natural. Don't oversharpen or over blurr. Hope that helps!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:15 pm
Immoral Oblivion
Honestly, not to be rude, but you can't turn a bad photograph into a good one with photoshop. When editing, the higher the resolution(to some extent) the better. Also, a DSLR camera is not always the best option for photography. They can be hard to deal with(all of the lens, constantly adjusting in manual mode because you would NOT pay that much to always shoot in automatic). I suggest a long zoom camera, FujiFilm has some GREAT cameras that do some similar things to an SLR. It is no substitute, however. Anyways, about Photoshop, always check the image size. Making it smaller(anything under 8x10) will usually make it a bit better quality rather than working with something 20x30 if you intend on printing. Less is also more, when adding something that you would want your camera t be able to do, use a lower opacity. It makes it look more natural. Don't oversharpen or over blurr. Hope that helps!
Yup smile !  

Miss_XxAriaxX

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 pm
there's a good tutorial here!
also, i think in media arts we used a dsl camera? and if you hold the button down a certain way, it can blur the background a bit. i know that's pretty vague, but that's all i remember. :l  
30. ✿ - - - Pictures And Photography

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games