Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 03. ✿ - - - Role Playing
The Winter Rose Inn and Tavern [Literate Free Form RP] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nik-the-Inkblot

Versatile Phantom

6,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:57 am
Welcome to...

The Winter Rose Inn and Tavern

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
---
It is another beautiful, calm and serene day in the city of Barton, as Gaia's many citizens flit about on their daily tasks and chores in the township proper.
But on the edges of town, in a field of grass and wild flowers; there is a large, ornate looking Victorian house. But people all around the house walk on by as if they can't see it.
The house is almost pure white, save for the scant traces of black trim and the pink rose bushes out front.
Will curiosity pique your interest?
---
This is a free-form literate role play; meaning you play as your avatar and just enter on the spot! But first, here are some rules:

- Make an entrance: You may either enter the tavern by walking in, or you can approach the back yard through the gardens but make sure that your entrance post is at least two paragraphs long. It can be longer, though.
- PG-13: Let's follow the ToS! smile
- Profiles are not necessary but if you wish to post a profile, then do so either before you enter or after.
- Remember to stay in character; if you wish to chat OOC (out of character) take it else where: This is for serious RP only...in a very non-serious setting.
- Have fun! This is just for a little light hearted, no strings attached role play: No plot, nothing! Just a bunch of fun!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:50 pm
Athena Monroe walked absent-mindedly, not really paying attention to where she was going. She had just been strolling for hours, and she was quite lost. Her heavy boots went from crunching gravel beneath them as she walked to swishing through well-tended grass. She noticed the change, as she had been listening to her footsteps as she daydreamed. She looked up, to see where she was. In front of her was a grand home, almost completely white save for spots of black here and there. It was a modern Victorian looking home, suited to her peculiar tastes. The wind blew, ruffling her skirt and tossing her hair about her shoulders. She continued to walk towards the house curiously, pushing the tendrils of hair back from her face and wondering what could possibly be inside the building. Athena step tentatively onto the first step leading up to the porch, and jumped back quickly at the squeak that it made. It seemed as though few people, if any, had used those steps in the past few months. Her boots made loud thunking noises against the obviously old wood of the steps, and even louder sounds as she finally reached the solid, sturdier wood of the porch.
The door wasn't anything special, and looked as though it could use a good cleaning. She reached out a hand and gently touched the structure, observing the dust on it.
Whoever lives here must be too old or sickly to clean properly, she thought sympathetically. Who knows, maybe I could get a job cleaning here. She turned the knob and pushed the door open, her spine tingling at the loud creak. The lights were on inside and the foyer was furnished albeit slightly dusty, indicating that the building was indeed inhabited. She took a step into the house and, seeing nobody around, called out. "Umm, hello?" she called, looking around. "Is anybody here?" She waited nervously for a response, wondering if the tenants had maybe stepped out for the moment.

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:34 pm
Lily walked around aimlessly, occasionally outstretching her hands to brush against some plant bushes and leaves of trees. Her sneakers crunched gravel beneath them, making her once white sneakers brown and grey with dirt. She kicked up some leaves that were in her path, and they fluttered down after some time. Taking a look at her sneakers, she was more than slightly disgusted. "Uck, now I'll have to wash off back at-" She started to say, when she saw a large, fancy looking house in front of her.

"Woah..." She said to herself at the sight of the house, with its pink rose bushes in front. "I should probably go in and ask where I am. Or if they have an internet connection." Lily tested out a step, and ran up all the steps quickly when it creaked. Her sneakers made the following steps creak even more. "Hm, looks like this place hasn't been dusted in some time. I wonder if anyone still lives here?" Lily took a deep breath and opened the door.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:16 pm
Bloorigard2

Athena, after waiting for quite a while to see if anybody that lived in the house would show up, had began to do a little voluntary cleaning. She had noticed a feather duster sitting on a counter, and gotten right to work on the furniture and wooden surfaces. In the middle of her cleaning she was startled by the sound of somebody else opening the door. She turned and a saw a girl standing there, just looking. Athena blushed, and waved timidly. She pushed a strand of hair behind her ear and smiled. "H-hello. Are you the person that lives here?" she asked She put down the feather duster hurriedly and straightened up, worried that if this girl was the owner then she wouldn't appreciate a stranger touching her things.

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:27 pm
darlindol17

"Huh? Oh! No, no I'm not. Sorry. I just wanted to ask where exactly I was." Lily said, and then asked, "So, uh, mind if I help clean? Maybe we can introduce ourselves to each other too." She took her headphones off, and pushed her hood down off her hair. "I'm Lily." She said, somewhat cheerfully, then sneezed. "So, about cleaning?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:55 pm
Bloorigard2

Athena smiled at this new girl. So she doesn't live here. I wonder where the tenants could be then? she thought. "I'm sorry, I can't tell you where you are; I'm actually only here because I got lost." She blushed at her own ditziness and picked up the feather duster again. "Oh, I'd love help cleaning. I have OCD, so this mess is really getting to me." she reached her free hand out to the girl, smiling shyly. " I'm Athena. Athena O' Reilly. It's very nice to meet you." She nodded at the girl's cheerful introduction. She wished that she could be as comfortable around strangers as Lily. She said bless you when Lily sneezed, and smiled at her. "You have a beautiful name, Lily." Athena cooed. She looked over at the counter from which she had gotten the duster, and pointed in that direction with the tool. I got mine form over there. I think I might have seen a broom on the floor behind that counter." She went back to dusting the furniture, taking particular care to clean off every inch of the surface that she could reach.

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:49 am
darlindol17

Lily smiles back at Athena, and says "Thank you, for the compliment." She shakes Athena's hand, if a bit eagerly. "I'll go get the broom." She then walks over to the counter, putting her headphones on as she looked for the broom, finally finding it in the corner. "Ah! Here it is!" She says to herself, picks up the broom, and begins sweeping. Lily puts the dust and a few pieces of paper that previously lay on the floor by the door.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:30 pm
Bloorigard2

Athena nodded in response to Lily's thanks, and blushed at the vigor with which the other girl shook her hand. Athena watched Lily observantly as the dark-haired girl put her headphones on and went to get the broom. She turned back to her own project: dusting. After she had finished sufficiently dusting the furniture, Athena moved on to dusting off the wooden structures. She got to work on a large, empty bookcase in one corner of the room. She, being only 5 feet tall, had to strain to reach some parts of it. She stood on her tip-toes, straining her arm as far as she could to reach the top shelves, but to no avail. Athena finally gave up with a 'humph' of disappointment, and instead turned to clean off the table. Out of the corner of her eye Athena noticed Lily sweeping all of the floor's debris by the door. She straightened up and cocked her head to the side curiously, then shrugged and went back to work on the wood.

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:51 pm
darlindol17

Lily was about to sweep the dust and papers out of the open doorway, when she looked down onto a piece of paper. "The Winter Rose Inn and Tavern? A flyer?" She asked herself, and no one else in particular. Lily looked over her shoulder at Athena. "Uhm, I think I may have found something!" She called out, in barely a shout.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:56 pm
Bloorigard2

Athena had finally finished dusting off all the wood that she could reach, and had began looking for a cloth with which to polish when Lily called out to her. She looked up at Lily, and noticed a piece of paper in the girl's hand. She put the duster back where she had found it and began to walk over to Lily. On the way the side of her boot caught on the leg of the table and she tripped. She fell down hard, and landed with a loud 'thump' on the wooden floor. "Ow ow ow..." she cried quietly, scrambling to her feet and rubbing her knee. She blushed with embarrassment and hurriedly got up. Her knee throbbed with pain as she limped over to Lily. She stood on her tip-toes, trying to peer at the paper over Lily's shoulder. Being shorter than Lily, she didn't have much success and finally gave up trying to see for herself. "What is it?", Athena asked quietly, her voice filled with curiosity. She ignored the pain in her knee, and the bruise that was starting to form. Oh no...I'm such a clutz... she thought. She fidgeted, worried about what Lily would say about her little falling incident.

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Lady_Whitetree

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:38 pm
darlindol17

Lily turned to Athena, with a mixture of worry and concern on her face. "This place was an inn at one point. I wonder what happened to it..." Lily's sentence trailed off when she saw the bruise on Athena's knee. "Oh! Are you alright?" Lily's face now showed even more worry and concern than before.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:01 pm
Bloorigard2

Athena fidgeted as Lily looked at her with worry. Athena was kind of shy, and not used to having people look at her for any extended amount of time. She looked down, blushing, but looked back up when Lily started speaking again. "Oh, an inn? Really?" Athena marveled. She looked around, taking in the decor and the setup of the room, and nodded. That makes sense...but why is it in this condition though?" she pondered silently. She was still thinking about that when Lily remarked about her bruised knee. Athena jumped and stepped back quickly, trying in vain to hide her knee behind her other leg. Her chin was lowered but she looked up at Lily with shy puppy dog eyes. "Oh...I'm fine." Athena muttered, her face red. She was a bit uncomfortable being fussed over in such a way. Her red hair swished around her hips as she fidgeted nervously. "I-it's nothing. I'm always injuring myself somehow" She tucked a strand of hair behind her ears, still blushing at not looking at Lily directly. Oh, why do I have to be so clumsy! she scolded herself. Now Lily probably thinks I'm a total air-head...

darlindol17

Bashful Cutie-Pie

7,250 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Buusutaa

Demonic Waffles

12,975 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:13 pm
Eᴇᴠʏ

She sigh and opened her eyes. She was completely different now form before. She looked herself over and nodded in agreement liking it. Eevy fixed the hood that was over her head and looked up at the wolf in front of her. "Sorry Sensei..." She turned around then back at him once he turned into a shadows then disappeared. Her wings disappeared. She needed to stay hidden from the others....

Later..

Eevy walked along the sidewalk her eyes glared at the building as she did, the building was quite...different she could say. She was about to go but her curiosity got the best of her like it always does and went in. Grabbing the door knob and opened it. The first thing that hit her was dust and small smell of cleaned wood. She sneezed and her ears went back, tail fluttered. "Eh.." She rubbed her nosed while her eyes were closed. Once finished she looked around looked like she was in the kitchen area.

She walked over and looked around not touching anything of course. Dust fell from where her tail softly bristled by and lightly touch the ends of the furniture. It was quiet until her ears picked up some voices. Did she just broke in to someones house? But it looked like Inn and even if it was a house she wouldn't care. She broke in people's houses before....for business purposes of course. She glanced over at the door shaped open wall, and poked her head out and seen two girls cleaning her silver hair that was now colored in a faint crystal rainbow way covered her eyes just a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:27 pm
((pic is full color now, edited link.))

Kit enters the path to the inn, though she looks nothing like herself. The only way a person who actually knew her would know it was her was by the staff, albeit changed to look like a bamboo rod, her eyebrows, which were still purple, and her attitude. As it was, she looked to be about sixteen.
She hummed to herself as she walked up to the inn and entered. She didn't know the place, but she could sense multiple people, and one no-so-human. An animorph? The disguised elf shook her head. She hasn't sensed any in years, though she knew that if she revealed too much, the humans would get suspicious. She examined the bushed outside, pretending not to notice anyone.

Kitalpha Hart

Feline Phantom

9,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Partygoer 500

water_nymph2009

7,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:49 pm
"rrrgg" Fara cried out in frustration, catlike blue irises glint in the sun as she simultaneously gnashed her teeth in frustration.Pushing yet ANOTHER bush out of her way. Why does this always happen to me!? Take one shortcut and now I'm lost and sporting injuries! Surveying her form once again and wincing at the scratches randomly placed on her arms and legs that clothing had not protected.Mother is going to be worried. She thinks with a slight feeling of guilt. Pausing to nervously bite her lip, mindful of her sharp canines.

She sighs and keeps walking with a more determined brisk walk, the slight chance of coming across some type of structure or road her only source of hope.

Suddenly a yank whips her head back and, so surprised by this, almost loses her balance. Placing one foot behind her to keep her balance and keeping a hold of her hat she turns her head slightly and sees a tree branch with some of her dark curly brown hair wrapped around it. Taking a free hand she clenches her teeth and pulls bracing herself for pain. The hair suddenly releases and she tumbles backwards into a field of flowers. Using her elbows to raise her upper body she surveys the scene. She sees rows and rows of differently colored flowers, ranging from rosy pink and sultry red to demure blue and fiery orange.

Blushing at her embarrassing display though no one had seen her clumsy fall, she quickly stands back up, dusting her soft gray fur coat. She then notices a house in the distance and thinks with some relief A house, maybe I can call mother or at least find out where I am. She then turns to the house and walks the field length of wildflowers to the house and opens the back door. looking around she calls out "Hello!? Is anyone here!?" Mindful of the dust laying across the furniture and picture frames she makes her way deeper into the house. leaving just the tiniest evidence that anyone had entered the building with evenly spaced footsteps.  
03. ✿ - - - Role Playing

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff