Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Being who I am (Shaila x Amaryllis)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:05 pm
User Image
Shaila had made her way in the middle of no where. Things had happened fast lately, and she could hardly remember most of what had happened. Crazy, it had become. At least, in her eyes she thought it had. She had started alone, and now she was back to being alone. She padded a crossed the land, her leg furs keeping her arm as she went. They matched her eyes, along with the blue gem tiara-like head thingy, and feathers on her face.

She had worn them so she didn't look so monochromatic, and other's wouldn't look at her funny. Though, they did anyways once she started talking. She had a bit of a speech problem when it came to speaking to new faces. She couldn't help it, and it was just how things went. She sighed.

Just when she thought things were going good, they had turned the other way. It made her sad, yet determined to find something in the world to live fore. Something to keep her going. So far, she was coming up almost short. Things would change, she demanded it to... Nicely. She kept her head up as she moved, yet her eyes were looking at nothing in particular. She was too busy with her thoughts.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:01 am
[ Lady Kiya ]

How was it that individuals had a knack for completely missing something in front of them while distracted? He was a fairly large dog, he had seen her, but she hadn't seen him. Eyes glazed over she had kept walking, and walking, and walking, until at last she walked right into him. Truthfully he could have moved if he had really wanted to, but he had been so comfortable lying in this particular spot and he had hoped that she would have walked round him... alas, this wasn't to be.

"Oof," he murmured, rubbing his side with his hind paw as he cast his gaze towards Shaila. She was dressed in a rather unique way, at least to him, as he wasn't accustomed to creatures dressing up. His mother and father had been decidedly 'plain' in that respect and had always preferred a simple and modest life. That being said, his father was a lion and he'd challenge anyone to work that one out.

"Easy now, I'm not indestructible," he continued gently, an indication that he hadn't taken offence, nor did he have any hostile intentions towards the female. "Least not that last time I checked, if I've developed super powers since then... that'd be useful." he concluded.

Epine de Rose

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm
Shaila shrieked as she tripped over the other, she hadn't been picking her paws up enough to step on him, or over him. She was taken a bit by surprise, but not only from tripping. The moment she had touched him something flashed before her eyes, but it was gone again before she could even tell what it was. It scared her more than falling to the ground. She only had that happen a few times, and every time it was just as frightening. It was almost like a dream crossing before one's eyes but in fast motion so that you couldn't catch anything at all.

She landed with a thump upon the ground and her eyes were shut and ears tightly against her skull. She hadn't realized that she tripped over someone, at first it was the flash that she thought that made her trip. She shook lightly at first, and then a voice entered her ears.

She let an eye open up as she looked beside her. Sure enough, someone was there...This wasn't good. "I.... I-I...I'm S-sorry." She said in almost a whisper. All the thoughts she had before were now completely lost, and she was slightly panicking. She could feel her heart start racing in her chest. She wasn't sure if it was because the instant flash or because there was someone she had accidentally tripped over.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:16 am
[ Lady Kiya ]

Aha, so she was one of those types. Amaryllis was quiet as he watched the dog apologise, his lips pursing into a line as she stuttered. Was it really necessary to get this worked up over something so ridiculous? Sure he was almost stepped on, but there was no lasting damage and he was conscious. Suffice to say that he was very much alive and he would live to see another day... so why on earth would she be so worried? He simply couldn't understand certain individuals sometimes, he was sure there was logic behind the madness but...

Yeah, he still wasn't buying it.

"It's fine," he said at last, a small hint of laughter in his voice. It was obvious he couldn't understand her concern and lifted a paw to motion at his side - his fur was a little scuffed but he wasn't bleeding. "It's not as if I haven't been stepped on before - I was a kid once, you know," he remarked, making reference to the fact that as a puppy, he'd had his face stepped on more than enough times while suckling.

If he had noticed her stammering, he made no reference to it.

"Aside from the mortified embarrassment, I'm assuming you're all right as well?"

Epine de Rose

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 pm
Shaila gave slow nods at him when he asked if she was okay. Not that she really knew, she hadn't tried to really move yet. She still didn't want to move either. Maybe if she stayed still it'd all just go away. Perhaps this was just a bad dream. No, the flash wasn't something that she saw in dreams. She shook a little more before finally fully looking at him.

Her almost white eyes looked him over for a second. "I...I s-suppose so." The last creature she had tripped over was quite upset with the fact that she had tripped over them, and had almost tried to carve something into her hide, though she supposed it was because this was a wild dog, and the other had been some type of feline.

She still felt bad, she really should pay more attention. Her thoughts took her sometimes and she couldn't help it. "I'm s-still s-sorry." She said as she sat up now. There was light pain here and there, but she knew it'd go away in a little bit. It seemed she hadn't hurt anything too bad. Nothing to worry about.

"I'm S-shaila." She whispered.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:32 am
[ Lady Kiya ]

"Well, if you're sure," Amaryllis replied amiably and gave a nod. Not one to pry, he wouldn't dispute her assurances that she was unharmed. Admittedly if she suddenly collapsed, stumbled or cried out in pain then he would re-evaluate the situation but for now he saw no reason to. As such, he remained in place, reclining comfortably in the position he had been before she had unexpectedly stepped on him.

He had a sibling who did that, completed zoned out and would walk into something or someone at some point. It was inevitable, and while facepalm worthy, not something that others should be angry about... especially when the individual in question was so apologetic!

"And don't be, I'd be more annoyed if you stole my dinner," he reassured her with a wave of his paw. "Name's Amaryllis, though most call me Li," he pursed his lips and rolled his shoulders in a loose shrug, he'd no idea why they chose than nickname for him.

"What's with the feathers if you don't mind me asking?"

Epine de Rose

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:41 pm
"Amaryllis-s" She said to herself mostly. She didn't want to forget his name, and one way she remembered names was when she spoke them herself. Of course, that always made her seem rather silly. She gave him a shy smile and looked to her paws. She really hadn't an answer for him when he asked about her feathers.

"I-I jusst l-like them." She had once gone up where it was cold with a wild dog she had once trusted, he was gone now, but it wasn't something she was going to share with a complete stranger. "My m-mother told me t-they bring out m-y eyes"

She glanced back up at the wild dog. He didn't seem harmful, but she didn't know if she could trust him. She hadn't been able to trust many she had ran into. Everyone she thought she could get to know had disappeared or betrayed her. It was hard thing to trust others for her.

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:00 am
[ Lady Kiya ]

"Your mother was right," Amaryllis smiled, his observations and agreement somewhat lazy. It wasn't that he didn't support her mother's opinion as she had been right, but he had always been somewhat 'slow'. He was a relaxed fellow and saw no real reason to rush about or panic unless, gods forbid, he was chased by another predator. Besides, he had very quickly come to the conclusion that Shaila would rather keep her distance from him, or alternatively, if he moved, there was a very good chance she'd bolt.

"Then again, mothers are rather good at that sort of thing," he conceded and shook his head. His mother had always been incredibly observant, but then again she had also been an unusual sort. After all, there weren't many wild dogs in this world who had a lion for a father! "Admittedly mine was more inclined towards games than feathers but the principle is the same," he concluded, pursing his lips gently.

"Although she seems to have mellowed a bit, last I heard she'd settled with the Shrinekeepers," he mused, recalling that most of his family had also followed.

Epine de Rose

I Lady Kiya I

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:19 am
She nodded, but didn't know what else to say at first. Thoughts running through her head, and she still felt bad for tripping over him, though he seemed to have let it passed. She shuffled her paws for a moment. It was nice being in the company of another, yet she never allowed herself to get too comfortable. She gave a soft smile. "M-mine did s-some games," she started, "I-I was n-never good at th-hem."

She had always been clumsy and just got in the way, but her mother was loving and knew that perhaps she needed a different tactic with her. She realized how much she missed her parents, but she needed to go out on her own. She couldn't bug them for the rest of her life. She smiled at the male wild dog. "Th-hank you." She said. She wasn't sure why she said it, but it was something that felt right, and she needed to voice it. He was kind, and seemed to be more patient with her than anyone had ever tried, at least for the moment.

"I-I'm not sure w-where my parents a-are." She said now thinking about that. The last time she had seen them, they were in the den they had made when she was a pup. She was sure they weren't there anymore, though the thought didn't quite sadden her as she thought, it just meant that it wouldn't allow her to give up on trying to find her own way. She seemed to ease up a little. It was hard to do, but things didn't seem as if she needed to be on total guard.

Epine de Rose

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff