Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Old faces, new faces (Dongo/Huong/Murasame/Tearh)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:22 pm
User Image One step forward, two steps back, swish, swish, TURN... Dongo wasn't sure why, but today he felt like dancing. Maybe it had to do with the festival - His children, all adults, now had a chance to meet others from other clans, if they hadn't already. Perhaps his sons would go off to new clans! His daughters were already beginning to bring boys INTO the clan, which was wonderful. He wanted to go full daddy mode, but it was still wonderful! The clan and the family were expanding, and the tree was spreading its roots! What could possibly go wrong?

User Image Behind Dongo, Huong giggled. She knew exactly why her mate was dancing, and it amused her. "Dongo, you're just way too happy! It's like you're EAGER to be rid of our children!" She nuzzled against him, before finding herself swept up in his dancing. Step, step, twirl! As she moved, her tail swished, the stripe down her back a pink blur. Oh, it was just so EXCITING! "I think I'm most eager... About grandcubs!" She wanted to spoil her grandbabies! Granted, that was a sign she was getting OLD, but it was well worth it to see the fruition of their work as parents! part of her wondered, would she see GREAT grandcubs? Or rather, would she live long enough to see that? Oh well, may as well worry more about the here and now!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 pm
Murasame grumbled as his shoulder was nudged again. Too many noises, noises everywhere, nah! Her closed his eyes and Tearh nudged him once more. "Must you keep up with your antics?"

"Must you constantly wear a frown?" she said with a sigh, nudged and grinned. She did notice the smile that crept at the corner of his maw. "Besides the sounds of laughter and estivel have become weaker, though our numbers grow, are you not happy to see others amongst us?"

"I am, but not the numbers I ought to see fit between us," he said watching her, and then eyed away. They had had children, but back in the pridelands, it had been a long time ago. Truth be told, he wished to be a father once more, here, in the now.

"Stop your grumptous antics, and smile, and the sun might grant you a moments peace on the brow you furrow so much," Tearh sigh pushing him again and coming to sit by a simple pool of water. Her paw touching the surface.

DragonsRage24

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:26 pm
He heard somebody near by, their words intruding his thoughts. Well, besides Huong. He looked at the pink-marked lioness, smiling at her. "Well, sort of... A den all to ourselves again... Just you and me..." He nuzzled her. "Even if it means I have to..." He cringed. "Give up my little girls to boys I barely know..." Which, speaking of knowing... He noticed the two lions they were near, identifying them as the ones he'd heard. "Murasame! Tearh!" The gold lion abandoned his dancing, all but prancing over. "I didn't realize you'd moved to the Ela'wadiyi!"

Huong covered her maw with her paw, giggling at Dongo. "You say that NOW... What if we have more cubs, hm? We'll be sharing our den with little balls of fur again in no time, just you watch!" She paused as she, too, noticed the other lions, and was prepared to greet them... When Dongo beat her to it. She looked at her mate with surprise, following behind him. "You know them, Dongo?" She glanced at the pair, unable to place their faces. They must have been from his own old pride, as she'd never seen such lions in her life... Or anybody marked like them, really.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:31 pm
Murasame went to say something to Tearh but he heard a voice call out. As he moved his eyes to focus, he saw a familiar face, very strange when out here in the Ela! "Dongo!" he remembered the name as his memories were rattled in an instance. The color was what gave it away really. "You remember Dongo, don't you Tearh?"

She nodded as they walked to greet Dongo, and by the looks of it, his mate. "It has been some time, I hope you've faired well?" Tearh turned to the female at Dongo's side, "I'm Tearh, this is my mate, Murasame, we knew Dongo back from the Pridelands."

"Its been quite some time."

"Yes, I said that silly," Tearh said leaning against Murasame's shoulder, poking fun at him.

DragonsRage24

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:48 pm
The pink-marked lioness' ears pricked before she giggled. These two reminded her a bit of herself and Dongo! Of course, from the looks of it, Dongo wasn't nearly as grumpy as the silver lioness seemed to be getting on her mate about... "It's a pleasure to meet you both! I'm Huong, Dongo's mate!" She nudged the gold lion. "For a pride so spread out, we should revel in running into somebody you know from your birth pride!" She's certainly not have this experience with any lions she'd known... Not by a long shot.

Dongo chuckled a bit himself, smiling. "We're well, thank you for asking!" He puffed his chest out, looking proud. "We've raised two litters so far! Three sons and six daughters between the two litters!" Were there more in their future? Time would tell, that was for certain! He... Okay, yeah, he could wait to find out, really. There was no particular hurry, especially since their two broods so far were taking their time leaving the next, so to speak. Especially their sons!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:53 pm
"Pleasure to meet you Huong," Tearh said with a smile. She watched the group of them together, and both Murasame and Dongo had the Prideland look still. Although with their Ela tatoo marking, they still had the base appearance of those that started on teh grasslands.

Though this was their home now.

"We've had one litter, a son and daughter, they've moved on to venture on their own paths long before we came here," though truth be told, she missed them greatly.

"They will forge great lives for themselves. I'm sure of it," their two bloodlines, between he and Tearh, had such a strong family lines he was sure they would find a greatness for themselves somewhere.

Though he longer to raise more children.

He was a grump sometimes, and anti social, he knew that. Tearh brought out the best in him, but that was what made them work. "Perhaps we might catch up to you two," he said with a grin.

DragonsRage24

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:12 pm
One of Huong's ears twitched, and for a moment a sadness swept into her gold eyes. Just like that, though, it was gone, replaced by joy at meeting others. "Where ever they are, they'll always remember the lessons their parents taught them!" Maybe, someday, they'd even wind up in the Ela'wadiyi with their parents.

Dongo hadn't missed the sadness that had made its way into his mate's eyes, and his own reflected it for a moment, before his, too, was replaced with more pleasant thoughts. "Perhaps you WILL catch up to us! With two already on the record, it shouldn't be TOO hard! If you have a litter with seven cubs, that is!" Dongo himself had been one of seven. His mother had been pleasant about it, but she'd expressed that, no, she wasn't happy to have carried that many cubs. Then she'd had five fat and fuzzy leopons...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:16 pm
Tearh nodded at Huong's comment, hopeful. Sometimes she had dreams of her children, and she hoped they were doing well in the world. But at the comment of seven...seven! Tearh's eyes got large and she gasped, "Seven! That is a bit too many at once I think! Don't you?" she asked, looking to Murasame for some sort of retreat, but he just grinned at her.

Grinned at her!

She smacked his shoulder.

"OH you!"

Murasame chuckled, "we could never be sure how many we would have when we next expand our family, but any number of paws anew to our ears will be a wonderful and pleasant sound indeed," he said with a true, honest opinion.

He couldn't wait.

DragonsRage24

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:49 am
The gold black-maned lion covered his own maw with a paw, hiding a laugh. Clearly Murasame was prepared for the adventure of a lot of cubs in a litter! "Don't be so sure a large litter is up your path, Murasame! Our largest had FIVE, and at that point we still had our oldest son and daughter hanging around!" Never mind that Huong had thought their oldest son was a girl until he grew his full mane in.. The second round had been interesting because she'd insisted on calling them all 'it' for a gender! What would the next round hold? Would ANY of his children come out 'normal' as far as gender identity?!

Huong thought about the idea of she herself having seven cubs... And her ears fell back as she cringed. "On second thought, five was a chore on my body..." And her first litter had been FOUR. "I envy that your first was just two... It'd have been rather... Nice..." And less physically taxing. At least with five, though, it was only one more cub than the first litter, so it wasn't MUCH different. Seven or eight? She'd swell up like a dead hippo in the sun! "Here's to smaller litters!"  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:46 pm
"To small litters!" Tearh said agreeing with Huong.

"To..moderate litters," Murasame chimed in.

Tearh looked at Muramsae, their eyes, met, and they both laughed. "No matter what may come, it will be full of smiles, laughter and love, and that is what we look forward to. And having our children share in delights such as meeting others in the pride, and making wonderful friends such as yourselves," Tearh said with a nod.

"All true. Why don't you two join us tonight? We've plenty for dinner, would be nice to have company," when he said that, he eyed Tearh who looked rather, incredibly surprised. "If it isn't intrusive to your plans of course."

He began walking to lead the way with Tearh at his side, smiled and raised a paw as if to lead the two.

Tonight would be one of smiles, laughter and memories.

It would be good.

[fin of cuteness]

DragonsRage24

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas