Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP]Seeing the World for the First Time (Amaia and Jem)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:48 pm
User Image

Amaia had trust issues, that was plain to say. She could trust some, like her mother and father, but anyone else seemed to have alternative motives for being kind to her. Once she was out on her own, she realized that there were times she had to rely on others. However, for the most part, she just ignored that and found a place to live where she was far away from others.

Up till today, she had done fine by herself, relying on no one. However today was a little different. She found herself lost in the forrest, unsure where her home was. It was odd for this to happen, but wandering so far from her home, she should have known something terrible was bound to happen.

Her first reaction was climb up to the tallest tree and look around, in hopes of seeing a familiar sight. After going through bushes in search of a tree, she found one that she was sure was tall enough. The climb up was a difficult one, going from branch to branch or just climbing up the trunk. Eventually she made it to the higher branches and looked out. Far in the distance she thought she could see her lake, though it was hard to tell from this far away.

She decided to keep looking, just because she didn't want to start heading toward what she thought was her home, and have it end up being something entirely different location. No, she wanted to be sure she was heading toward her home.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:49 am
It was light out, ... Something jem had relished in for more than a few days now. The den seemed empty.. Luaith had left.. The message was 'i love you, but my duty calls'. Being mated to a seer whom was often times not believed in was hard but now that he had left the wait was weighing on the leopard. Although he had the mother of his offspring there, love wasnt developed there. Just friends, and his offspring with her- now grown and off with their own lives. Even one, that Jem was most concerned about had left him. When he was a father for the first time- he never thought hed love something so much, though he rarely showed it. They meant the world to him and when Thamani left. Luaith said anytime his duty called, he would keep and eye out. But who would keep and eye out for him.

When finally he had stopped sleeping around, Luaith had disappeared to who knows how long and only the worst Jem had to face.. It was now 5months after and still.. No word. Jem pondered leaving the pride for good now that nothing kept him there.. But it was 'home' and that feeling couldnt be shaken so easily. Now, he had scowered over the forest floor... He usual mysterious disposition had earned him the name of 'the protector of the forest'a place where he temporarily made how home to be when not underground. Hed see someone come in to the forest, but hadnt thought he run in to the leopard climbing trees.

Shed look lost now, yet the female was smart. Something he heavily admired.. So, he opted to try and assist... Slowly making his way out if the shadows and circled the tree she had climbed in to. He waited a moment before settling his hunches down "Lost?" He called up in to the tree.. Waiting below for her..AT least if he helped, he wouls be closer to Luaith right? He was no seer, and helping others was 50/50 chance, but ... Luaith was so passionate about helping others that Jem too would put forth the effort now..

Im on my phone so forgive me for any mistakes!  

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:02 pm
Amaia heard a voice, and looked down. A leopard was standing there at the bottom of the tree. Her claws dug into the tree more. Could he be an attacker of some sorts or just a wanderer? She hadn't seen him before, not that she really saw many leopards. Her first instinct was to jump to a different tree, however she knew there was a chance she could fall, a small on but there was still a chance. He didn't seem like he wanted to hurt her, she thought. For now she would stay in the tree. If he wanted to come up that was his business, but while he was down there she would stay up high in the tree.

“I might be lost.” She yelled back, her eyes watching him carefully, figuring out her next move. She could just hop down and run for it, avoiding talking to this leopard. However she wanted to change. She wanted to talk to others and stop being afraid of everything. “What are you doing here?” She tried to say as friendly as she could. Her voice was pretty gruff though when she spoke.

She glanced back up and looked around. Still no sign of anything real familiar other then the lake she saw earlier. She was almost certain that was the lake by her den. Because her attention was fully on the lake, she didn't notice a creaking in the branch. It suddenly broke. Surprised, she let go of the branch and fell into the next one. Quickly she latched onto it and pulled herself up so she could sit properly. She could feel her heart racing. That was unexpected, she thought. She looked down to see what the leopard's reaction was.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 pm
Might? She certainly was blunt about it, huh. The mysterious male locked eyes with her family. He had, the piercing gaze that made him slowly give her a nod. "I am here~ because I have not seen you in these lands before, I figured you may be lost~and decided to lend a paw." The words were spaced, and filled with sultry- out of nature. "But I like to know whom I am aiding... My name is Jem, and you~ are?" He figured coaxing her in to talking would help bring her down. It would be a shame if she were lost, and maybe if he kept helping and got his name around.. Luaith would come back to him. Maybe.

He looked genuine, but solitary if not for the fact that he had come up to her first. It wasn't rare to see him around another singled out creature. That was what he was about when out alone... In this darkness, seeking company, his mate knew this, everytime he came home with another scent plastered on him. Still his mate would greet him the same. As of late- and Luaith's mission.. Jemmnu was beginning to become even more lonely.. And seeking thoughs outside of the pride to fill this.. But even so- he still had an underlining agenda. To help enough others for Luaith to be proud of him but if he could feel fulfilled for the night as well- that would be a bonus..

"So...what is your decision. Take some advice from a native..This is not the place for lone female to be running about at night. That I can assure you." Some of the males he knew around these parts would likely tare her apart... who could blame them.

Club Snails
I forgot we had this couple xDDDD <3

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:50 pm
Amaia paused and debated about giving her name to Jem. Instead she just jumped down from branch to branch until she was standing on the ground. She kept her distance from him though she felt a lot more vulnerable down here then she had when she was up in the tree. “My name is Amaia.” She answered, watching him carefully. Even if there was a hint that he was going to attack she would bolt. So far he didn't seem to want to attack, but she couldn't be too careful.

“Why would you even want to help me? What would you get out of it?” She asked suspiciously. Thought of how he could use her trickled into her mind, making her become even more defensive. “I am not a damsel in distress. I just got lost, so if you are after a 'reward' for saving me you are clawing at the wrong tree.”

He could be genuinely trying to help, she thought. She let out a sigh, realizing she was being a bit rude. “Sorry. I just don't trust others easily. As long as you understand that I have nothing to give you as a reward I'll let you help me. I just really want to go back home.”

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:33 pm
"The simple pleasures of being useful. That is what I will gain from helping you. Likewise, their are still some on these plains that do not wish to harm~ you know.." The words were strict with utter conviction of the mission he had set up for himself. "Amaia...A beautiful name, simply fitting.." Regarding a compliment in her looks as she came down. He watched every muscle move, switchly and accurately. She was a leopard, one that showed so much promise... This made him admire her- just slightly.

"I see no damsel.. Just someone too scared to ask directions." He sat back on his hunches and gave a very faint chuckle. "Well.... then. Where would home be-" Absorbing the scenery a moment before looking back at her with his warm brown eyes. Slowly getting up now and showed how long he was in body and how whispy his fur looked. He was not some normal leopard, no.. He had looked more like a snow leopard in fur type.. There was a distinct difference between him and others of his kind that he had met.

He couldn't blame her, her rudeness must have come from a long line of dealing with insignificant rogues... He had once had to deal with such, now with his pride attached, he didn't have thoughs problems... He could predict whom was well off to talk to and those to avoid.

Club Snails
=w=

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:33 pm
He seemed honest enough. For now she would trust him and allow him to help her, but she would keep on the defensive if needed. “If there are others like that, I have yet to meet them.” Amaia said with a small smile. It was a joke, though with her tone it sounded serious. “Thank you for helping me.”

She liked that he didn't think she was a damsel. There were times she had witnessed females being saved by heroes and she didn't like it. She felt that others should rely to heavily on others. However now that she was in a situation where she had to rely on another, she felt a bit of sympathy toward others she had despised. “I live near a crescent pond, with a waterfall coming into it. I've lived there for most of my life, and until today I've never wandered far from it.”

Her ears bent backwards from embarrassment. She hated that she did something so foolish. Now she had no idea where to go. “I've been traveling for a long time trying to figure out where it is, but I feel like all I've been doing is going in circles.”

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:29 pm
Chi Sohma
There was a lot more to her yet, as he slowly went up close to her. Just one head taller than her and looked down at her. Large yet with a feminine way about him.. Something genuine, mysterious about his stare in to her eyes. "You have wondered off quite a bit then. That crescent pond is .... quite a walk." Probably almost the whole day, and wondered how long she traveled thus far for it. "Do not thank me yet... After our journey there- and 'we' are safe.. you may." Then he had came up close to her face..

Taking in her scent a moment, it was something he did often, usually when they weren't looking only to see if their scent would be missed by him. Usually- it was a scent that he would have to rub off later. Hers- was different. Yet still, something called him to help. "It is good to keep moving around sometimes. Your mind will close and your bones will tire of the same road.. It is good you learned that now, when you are still able to move- others ached to have that ability- you should be thankful....." He always wondered- never stayed in one place... but he did have a home.

The brotherhood, which only applied if Luaith was there. "Circles-? More like further away Amaia. The forests have a knack for being quite the same. Here- let's first find the river. You look parch and tired, there we can take a moment to regroup.. How does that sound." Flickering his tail, and the sun was slowly losing daylight. He hadn't minded that, but the fact that she could pass out during the journey because of the stress of being lost, well. With his strength, he didn't know if he could support that just yet. Looking up now, as if distracted when really he was just waiting... Quieting down a moment to hear the birds fly over head... He loved the jungle. This place called him and knew it like the back of his paw.

Club Snails
=w=

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:51 am
Of course she wandered off too far. She would never stray too far away again. It was definitely not worth it. At this rate they might have to rest somewhere for the night. The thought made her stomach turn. She would be sleeping in a strange place that wasn't her home, with a male she just met. How more depressing could the day get. “Do you think we'll make it there before nightfall?” She asked with some hope in her voice. If they couldn't she knew that she would be in for a sleepless night.

She hadn't thought about it that way. Years to come, she could image herself aging with legs that could hardly walk. The thought that she couldn't leave her home was almost frightening. Now days she didn't like leaving it, but she liked having the option open. “You're probably right, but I think once I get home that I am going to stay there for a while. I don't like going far from my home.” There were strange thing there, strange creatures that she just didn't want to deal with.

She gave a nod of her head. Getting a drink sounded good, though she hoped it wasn't out of the way. As they walked she stuck close to him, just in case something were to happen, she wanted to be kept safe. Right now she felt she could trust him enough to let him protect her. And for her that was a huge deal. She couldn't remember the last time she allowed someone to get near her. Maybe, if all went well she would try to open up more often.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:57 pm
"We can make it there mid morning- maybe afternoon tomorrow, but if you want to get there by tonight... we won't have the same kind of quietness we have now. I've tracked Hyenas in to these woods before, and night is usually when they strike. We have now.." Looking up and seeing the sun slowly dwittling away.... A quietness came over him.

"Three hours most.. taking a quick stop here, and moving on to another makeshift den can save our lives. Unless you want to be reckless, we can keep going but you would have to hold your own if they come after us." Giving her an eye as he slowly came up to the bush, a small opening.. and the river sounded through his ears with perfection and simplicity.. A nice rest stop as he dipped his head for a soothing drink.

Hoping she had followed suit, they would need to calm their muscles for the journey. Flexing his claws and retracking them to keep them warmed up just in case they came within these hours... This place was tranquil though, he'd been here several times before and the pride wasn't too far off neither. Flicking his tail as he assessed on how they were going to get there, and taking the small notes in her every move. "Do you ever feel lonely there...Or do you have family of your own there.." He had to ask, it was his nature to bring out the information and personals from others, it was how he calmed them and made them feel.... 'wanted'..

Then slowly lifting his head up to gaze his eyes tenderly at her.

Club Snails
=w=

Club Snails
=w=

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:30 am
The word hyenas caused her legs to quiver. She had never ran into one before and she never wanted to. When she was a cub her parents had told her stories of how terrifying hyenas were. She went closer to Jem out of instinct, brushing against his side. When her fur touched his, she quickly moved away, making sure to provide a good amount of personal space for him. “I'm sorry, I did not mean to get that close. The thought of hyenas was just...” She turned her head away from him. Why was she getting so embarrassed around him, she thought with annoyance.

She thought about her options. Face the danger and get home sooner or spend the night with Jem in a makeshift den. Neither option really seemed solid to her. And yet, they were her only choices. Her eyes lingered on Jem. He seemed nice, there was no denying that, but she knew that first impressions weren't everything. However she also knew that if a fight did occur, that there would be no way for her to keep herself safe. She would have to rely on him to help her.

“We'll go at the steady pace and spend the night.” Amaia said, letting out a sigh. She already knew that she wouldn't be getting a wonderful night sleep, being away from her home.

She stood next to him at the river and dipped her head toward it. It was soothing, though she kept her eyes peered for any movement around her. When Jem asked his question, she gave a little frown and lifted her head from the water. “No, I live alone. I've always lived alone,except for when I was really young, and even then I was the only cub in my litter. When I left my parents, I traveled until I found my home current home. Once I found that home I stayed there and never left. Until today.” And that was proving to be a mistake. “How about you? You have any family back where you're from?”

She dipped her head back down to get another drink. The peacefulness of the river reminded her of her pond.

Chi Sohma

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:39 am
When she came close to him, the simple brush of their furs, made him look over. Questioning the tenderness. Then letting it slide off like she had. "Hyenas can be dangerous. Especially for the lone traveler. They travel in packs and can easily put down a lion."

Rubbing his face lightly against the water before retracking and then grooming. To keep him ample enough awake to try and save himself from any foreseeable dangers. Well them. Grooming and grooming til he was refreshed. Looking over to her, a gander at her essence before her words had nearly caught him in a web of memories. "It must be lonely." Was the only thing he could manage to say. He wasn't for being alone, he hated it with every fiber of his being, even sleeping with anyone would make the emptiness go away. Especially with his mate being gone. His cubs needed him, but he couldn't form a way to go back to that life without his mate.

The times he cheated weighed on his heart. Family. He wanted that. He just didn't know how to come about it without having someone constantly there. His ears went to the side. "I don't know what family is really. But I would dread being alone in a 'home' because what I could understand. 'Home' is within another. When they are there- it is home. When they are not- it is but an empty place." The feeling of the separation, he couldn't even come to take care of his own because Luaith was gone! It was meaningless. Everyday was torture.

But that was some time ago.... back when. What became of them he didn't know.

All these feelings he retained them, his focus was her. "But I could be wrong. Maybe it's just I would hate to be alone." His voice hung, because he was alone. He felt it- and it was consuming him, thats why he was out here. "Drink up, because there won't be another water source for some time." Looking about. Maybe even the makeshift den was closer than he thought, he'd hope so.

Club Snails
=w=

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:56 pm
If she ever saw a hyena she would run for it, she thought. She wouldn't stick around long enough for it to catch her.

His word caught her off guard. Lonely? The idea of her living with someone made her unsettled. There was no one she felt that she could trust. Allowing someone to share space with her was out of the question. Even just traveling with him made her uneasy. It felt so unnatural walking with someone by her side.

“My home is quiet, peaceful. That's how I like it. That's how I've always had it.” She explained. “I've only ever had myself. Letting someone into my world would be a disaster. I could never imagine sharing it with anyone.”

She stared at herself in the reflection of the pool. “To be honest though, your idea of home is more appealing then mine.” Amaia said with a soft smile. She dipped her head toward the water and had a sip.

Chi Sohma
Want to end this one here and start up another to have them continue their adventure? And maybe run into trouble on the way?

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:33 pm
[ Finish here, sorry for the wait- do you want to start up the next thread or shall I? ]

Chi Sohma

Married Unicorn

8,225 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items