User Image
Hanja had never known a different life than that of a slave, and he wasn't particularly unhappy about that fact. It had been an upsetting experience to be torn away from his mother at an early age, but he had found ways to cope. After learning that trotting up to a hyena and asking "Are you my new mommy" was a very bad idea, he had found his place among the slaves. And one slave in particular had become the mother substitute he needed.

He was very thankful for her support, and took every opportunity to pay it back. That was what grown children were supposed to do, right? Today he had been lucky indeed. While hunting he'd managed to scare up a rabbit and catch it. It wasn't a big meal for a hyena, but it earned him less shouting than usual. And since he had already dropped off the rabbit he didn't plan to go back with the fat rat he had just caught. It would be a good present. Hyenas apparently liked the bones littering the graveyard, but in Hanja's opinion food in any form made the best presents.

"I've got a rat for you, Kelello" he chirped cheerfully, "I don't think the hyenas will want it."